Revamp Expansion Mod (RVE) A Supreme Commander 2 Complete Overhaul / Total Conversion Mod
|FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS||Locked|
|Aug 13 2012, 7:57am Anchor|
RVE VERSION 1.2 HAS BEEN RENAMED VERSION 2.0
1. When is RVE 2.0 going to be released : We have no date at this point in time with the amount of work left we can't judge a date.
3. Can you make new maps or port maps from SCFA : No the maps in SC2 are models unlike the maps in SCFA which were data maps, GPGs made the maps like this so it would save on memory usage for the xbox 360, Also the maps files in SC2 are encrypted so it is impossible to add new maps, We can only mod maps from the game like you have already seen.
4. Will there be new sounds : We do plan to add new sounds if the game support it.
5. Can you add Seraphim : No we can't add new factions its unsupported.
6. Can you port over more SC/FA units : No we won't be porting any more units.
7. Can you add new factory's or builders : Yes but the AI will be unable to use these unit because we don't have access to this part of the AIs codding.
8. Will there be new projectile effects in RVE 2.0 : Yes there will be but they will be added in each BETA release.
10. Can you mod existing SC2 units : No the SC2 exporter we use only supports exporting units at the moment it may support importing in the future but its unlikely.
18. Can i add a side more with new units : Yes RVE 2.0 support mass scaling meaning the units will be scaled to the correct size depending on its category in its blueprints .
19. The TechToggle on the ACU's gets replace by hunker: Yes they do because there's no free ability slots on every ACU's or i would have to remove one of the ACU's abilities to make it fit so just use the key-bind to switch tech levels.
20. The TechToggle cancels any build orders previously placed if used: Not a bug but was put in place to prevent a bug from happening its this way or it impossible because of UI limitations.
21. Units get suck because of there sizes on smaller maps : Yes the do thanks to GPGs great Path-finding system.
Edited by: OverRated
|Aug 14 2012, 2:52am Anchor|
SC/FA too old... bah! : )
|Aug 14 2012, 4:51am Anchor|
The game maybe more mod friendly but the engine is older.
|Aug 14 2012, 4:49pm Anchor|
Hmmmmmm sounds painful. But you're doing fantastic! Keep it up.
|Aug 16 2012, 6:44pm Anchor|
You dont need to make Miracle"s Of this mod We all need to be happy that this nice guys just wants to make mods for this Dit anyone seen any update from the real makers the last years ??? THEY DONT SUPPORT IT ANYMORE so this mod wil brings up New life
1 Sugestion sc/fa Is indeed old fgx are older , engine was buggy and heavy But here comes the great BUT every great mod maker wil start after hes mod a remake of the game or hes own game so overraded what do you think about your own game with all your own things in it ? no more rules from the makers self just a sugestion .. becaus every good mod maker starts hes own game .. you are great in this your own game wil make a big succes but you wil need to work hard need more peaple to help .. and ask the deffs to use the name or create a new game for your game
good luck with the mod we support you all
|Aug 20 2012, 9:04am Anchor|
Thanks for the support man, We would like to make our own game we may end up doing so in the future but for now revamp will do .
|Dec 15 2012, 4:50pm Anchor|
Hey Guys, this mod really seems awesome as hell, and i can't sleep at night because i don't know what folder to put the "Revamp_Expansion_Mod_1.05_Patch_1.1.scd" file in. Would someone please let me know?
Edited by: Jonatantwn
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.