An expansion/overhaul mod of epic proportions, with entirely rebalanced gameplay, expanded factions, new gametypes, graphical overhauls, and five new factions; stealth-based Confederate Revolutionaries, tower defense-inspired Atomic Kingdom of China, economy-focused Mediterranean Syndicate, DotA-esque Order of the Talon and spammy Electrical Protectorate.

Forum Thread
Poll: who would win? (20 votes)
Toss up #4 Who would Win (Games : C&C: Red Alert 3 : Mods : Red Alert 3 Paradox : Forum : Forum Games : Toss up #4 Who would Win) Locked
Thread Options 1 2
Nov 18 2010 Anchor

-in a skirmish battle
-in a war

explain why?

go123452
go123452 You don't wanna know
Nov 19 2010 Anchor

Tight one.

Skirmish wise, it comes down to whether the Soviet tank rush stomps the Talon, or the Talon lasts long enough to survive.

War wise. They don't fight in the first place, so we can't tell.

--

>.<

Blood-Russia-Mk2
Blood-Russia-Mk2 Children-Eater
Nov 19 2010 Anchor

The Talon wouldn't fight the Soviets directly, and if possible would chose not to fight at all. Skirmish wise, Talon all the way!

--

Yours faithfully,

That guy who does hammy stuff on a regular basis.

go123452
Nov 19 2010 Anchor

Exactly why I didn't vote :P

--

>.<

Nov 19 2010 Anchor

What is this, I don't even-

go123452
Nov 19 2010 Anchor

Talon vs Soviets... as fail as it gets.

--

>.<

Nov 19 2010 Anchor

go123452 wrote: Talon vs Soviets... as fail as it gets.

im sorry but that comment is fail the point of this toss up thread is debate who would win if the two factions waged war against each other

go123452
Nov 19 2010 Anchor

The problem is that well, they won't.

--

>.<

Nov 19 2010 Anchor

thats why its called a what if situation

GriffinZ
GriffinZ I like puppies :D
Nov 19 2010 Anchor

soviets all the way.

...because we got conscripts :D

open_sketchbook
open_sketchbook Your Lord and Master
Nov 19 2010 Anchor

Interestingly for a second I thought people were actually wondering if the Soviets could take on the GDI. I laughed.

Nov 19 2010 Anchor

open_sketchbook wrote: Interestingly for a second I thought people were actually wondering if the Soviets could take on the GDI. I laughed.

well u cant ignore that they are similar they do have the same logo...maybe they are related :P

go123452
Nov 20 2010 Anchor

Points at Crawler, proceeds to begin coughing.

--

>.<

Nov 20 2010 Anchor

*gives go123452 cough syrup*

go123452
Nov 20 2010 Anchor

Damn wiki is down AGAIN.

--

>.<

Phoenix^^
Phoenix^^ Ra3 killer636
Nov 20 2010 Anchor

The hole battle would be based on how well terrer dones are used.

--

galgus wrote: The topic is an off-topic of another topic.The topic had no meaningful topic to begin with.

jason_zombolt wrote:  lol epic pink dozer 

Protroid
Protroid Head of the Paradox Closed Beta Team
Nov 20 2010 Anchor

Phoenix^^ wrote: The hole battle would be based on how well terrer dones are used.

Even then it still falls down to the Talon player to microanage efficiantly. The Crawler can gain repair drones after an upgrade if I recall corectly (can't back it up, wiki is down) and another vehicle they have may have anti-terror drone capabilities.

From a battle point of view they are rather evenly matched. Both factions would get more powerful as time rolls on (Apoc vs Divine Cleric anyone?) but if the Talon player can get his units to reach Divine and his crawler with Bolt throwers and Rocket Turrets at the least he would win. BUT if the Soviets are able to disrupt Talon supply lines, get that terror drone in the crawler before any upgrades are purchased, and fast tech to T3 they would certainly win.

From a war, The Talon would win by default.

Sure the Soviets would probably take Palestine in a matter of months, ravaging any Talon bases and killing any soldies there with wave upon wave of conscripts and tanks. But for the Soviets to finish them of would mean they would also have to declare war on the Allies, the Confederates, while also attacking Syndicate held lands. The Talon probably wouldn't have to do anything to attack the Soviets, everyone would be doing it for them.

Edited by: Protroid

Nov 21 2010 Anchor

Plus, the Talon is *everywhere*, fighting an ancient secret conspiracy does cause some problems. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the Soviet high command were Talon loyalists. Even if the Soviets smashed the Crawler cells, Talon would still exist, and wouldn't worry about waiting a few hundred years more to try again.

go123452
Nov 21 2010 Anchor

Well. That would hardly be called a Talon victory, would it?

In fact Soviet can't even wage war against Talon, it would essentially mean having the SHC have a civil war among themselves.

--

>.<

GriffinZ
GriffinZ I like puppies :D
Nov 21 2010 Anchor

well, I'm not sure about that. The soviets high command is like only party members, and I would gues it's very hard to infiltrate them. Epsecially considering the hatred to religon in soviet russia, talon followers are propably very seldom found in russia. On the other side the hatred may feed religious fanaticsism...

go123452
Nov 21 2010 Anchor

Who knows, for all we know Giles might have taken leave to join the Talon. (Or I am just going too far)

--

>.<

Nov 21 2010 Anchor
go123452
Nov 21 2010 Anchor

HAHA. Red text.

That isnt going too far. That is going to the Andromeda Galaxy.

--

>.<

Nov 21 2010 Anchor

it looks like talon are winning this one

go123452
Nov 22 2010 Anchor

And wiki crashes again.
Offtopic FTW.

I cant tell who is winning cos I didnt vote. T.T

--

>.<

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.