2 Years after the release of "Klingon Academy II: The General War" comes a multiplayer/instant action expansion, "Klingon Academy II: Empire at War". KA2: EAW takes the enhanced combat gameplay of KA2: The General War and adds a rich, detailed 'Empire Building' element to it. No longer can you quickly build up your forces. Now you must dedicate time and resources to research and development. This detailed system of hull, conversion packs, systems, weapons and other miscellaneous research also sheds light on the backstory behind KA2. Learn about the Klingon Empire designs her warships, how the Federation developed the massive Yamato Class, and discover the history of the Interstellar Concordium and the Tholian Assembly. Each side has an expanded set of ship classes, and a mysterious new power has entered the galaxy. The Federation's worst fears are about to be realised...
KA2 v1.5 has been released. Thought it would be wise to follow up with a changelog.
- Physics files have been entirely redone. Hopefully this will solve the "wandering ships" problem, ships endlessly turning etc.
- Reworked weapons ranges. Tractor Beam weapons are now very short ranged, (all extrapolated from KA range data) Hellbores are now long range, capable of out-ranging most weapons. Each race's torpedo cruiser now has very long ranged torpedoes that can only target stations (and large monsters...)
- Most Hydran ships now have a fighter complement. These are hellbore or fusion beam armed, and the exact complement varies ship to ship. Some carry all fusions, some all hellbores, some a mix. Tooltips have been modified to reflect this.
- General bug fixes and graphical tweaks.
- New hero units (Commander Thok Mak for the Klingon Empire, Admiral Lenara for the Romulan Star Empire) and new VOs for the USS Star Empire and the IKS QeH'ral (namely, Captain Torlek, the player character from Klingon Academy)
- New VOs for several ship classes, to increase variety.
- Several new, symmetrical maps.
- New FleetOps style explosion effects
- New upgrade functionality. Carriers can upgrade to carry new types of fighter, and ISC ships can upgrade to their Disruptor armed "D" Refits.
- Secondary, Heavy and Advanced weapons no longer target fightercraft. (Ships will now engage them with primary weapons only)
- Changed probe functionality. Now fires a probe from a forward torpedo tube in the direction the ship is facing, which travels for a set time until it fades out.
- Added Plasma-Detecting Probes (PDPs) to certain ships. These probes are functionally the same as regular ones, but also reveal cloaked ships in their sensor range.
- Added new, subtle phaser flares to beam weapons. Not as garish as normal A2 flares, they help to blend the effect better, especially with large beams like the PPD or the AMFP.
A short news post to announce the upload of an addendum to the KA2 Manual
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.