Hey, we don't update too frequently but the project is still alive. I want to share with you a few important news. First of all, a much needed update after the SDK was... 'left for dead'? As you know, Steam's master was updated in a way that conflicts with Source mods, so most of our servers cannot be seen at all. The HL2 process may not even close when you exit the mod, very annoying. The 3.7d patch should fix these issues, it's meant for both clients and dedicated servers:
- Fixed servers not showing in server browser due Valve switching the method to communicate to master server
- Fixed HL2 client process not closing due error related to Valve's Steam API
- Fixed thrown axes/knives getting lost sometimes
- Improved bot behavior regarding ladders
- Shotguns causing slightly more damage
- Sharps rifle causing less damage so a player using pain tolerance can't be killed unless being head-shotted
- Fists: increased range
- Fixed double Deringer and whiskey jug sharing same weapon slot
And what about a new map? Leon Kilean, known by Flesh, Water and other great mods, is the author of this cold and beautiful level. Snow and ice, not a usual map in our mod, isn't it? Gameplay wise, it's based on the same formula than our fof_eliminator (push the cart).
And finally, I'd like to share with you some of my work. I'm not a great coder but finding resources about bot coding in Source engine is a real pain so I decided to clean and comment most the code used in our MP AI. Focus is navigation because the combat features are quite glued to FoF's gameplay. The code comes in a clean and functional solution (MP branch, should be portable easily). Download it here, watch it in action.