Multiplayer / cooperative FPS set in Wild West times. Take part in frenzy team versus shootouts or play cooperative games against AI managed enemies. Most of the classic black powder guns are available, in single or dual wield setup.
Install this if there's no previous version already installed. If it doesn't find the right path for any reason, you still can extract it manually (using 7zip app or similar)
- Added per bot customization: change their individual names, skill set, team and even default equipment. This is done through a script file, a different script can be selected each time. Check 'fof_scripts/bots/' for more info about bot scripts
- Bots can open loot crates
- Much improved fleeing skill for bot carriers
- Rifle iron sighs cannot be turned on until deploy animation finishes
- Showdown: loot protectors get some XP from capture too
- sawed off + deringer reload issue
- bots get stuck at some ledges or certain ramps/stairs
- map changed through votemap doesn't get added to played maps list
- some lag compensation glitches
- Sawed-off shotgun, gun created by Kelvin Tam (Kelvintam.org). Animations by Thomas (wickit) Beglin (www.beglin.co.uk)
- 2 new multiplayer levels: fof_abandoned (Yester) and fof_fistful (R_Yell)
- Showdown game type: 'gun game' like gameplay, player levels up killing enemies and receives different guns depending the level is in. This implementation allows complete customization: exact equipment (guns, ammo, perks) and amount of damage inflicted needed to level up. Different settings can be used for each map.
- Brass knuckles: punch increased damage and enemy drops weapons when killed by a punch.
- Custom team menu selection, vote menu and MOTD interfaces added
- Added menu music from Joe Jack Wagner - les absents (version instrumentale) Joejackwagner.bandcamp.com
- New screen edge blackening/blurring shader
- Some textures created by hhh316 Hhh316.deviantart.com
- A .bik video plays in main menu background instead a plain image
- fof_robertlee: some better illuminated areas, shadow casting lights, a couple of ramps removed, doors at top area can be closed and open again
- fof_loothill: added DM/FDM game modes
- fof_canyonland: new custom game mode implemented, back to middle bridge version
- Body awareness optional, uncheck it in mod options to gain extra performance (you'll lose kicking skill though)
- Improved next map poll: no repeated maps, no coop maps displayed when player amount surpasses a minimum
- End round music volume can be controlled using the Options->Sound->Music slider
Combat related changes:
- Recoil for dual wield guns has been decreased
- Player speed while handling a single handgun has been increased
- New fanning control: keep secondary attack pressed and fire using primary attack. Full accuracy is only reached when gun gets to 'fanning position'
- Iron sights control changed: smooth transition between iron sights on and off. Progressive zoom in/out effect can be toggled to on/off version in 'mod options'
- New double fire mode for coachgun and sawed off shotgun: player keeps alt attack pressed some time, then both barrels are fired simultaneously
- Player model pose shows if rifle is fully sighted or not
- Head and arms hitboxes sliglty increased to emcompass player body better
- Fists: hit detection method revised, it gets a tad harder to hit
- Auto reload optional, can be activated using fof_autoreload cvar
- Some hit recognition related glitches
- Kick impact gesture played despite no real kick impact was made sometimes. A player kicking couldn't be kicked either
- Iron sights lag related glitch
- Ammo boxes dropped by players sometimes were empty, depending the weapon used
- Fists hit sound could be heard despite hitting nothing sometimes
- Many other smaller fixes not worth mentioning...