Multiplayer / cooperative FPS set in Wild West times. Take part in frenzy team versus shootouts or play cooperative games against AI managed enemies. Most of the classic black powder guns are available, in single or dual wield setup.
This file will update your v3.8 installation automatically. If it doesn't work for any reason, you still can extract it manually using 7z app or similar
- CrippleCreek and RioBravo maps by RedYager, include lot of custom content
- Axe and bow model/skin by Paul68Rageous
- Other new skins/reskins by Paul68Rageous: Henry rifle, knife, Sharps rifle, coachgun, Colt Navy, dynamite, brass knuckles
- Survival mode, higher focus on co-op. New zombie AI, completely redone.
- Gold Rush custom game mode: take a gold sack to a capture zone protected by enemies before times runs out (asymmetric mode). Several captures in fixed order and increasing difficulty are required to win a round. This is succession of short, tactical and very fast paced missions that can be played in current maps as fof_revenge, fof_desperados, fof_tijuana, fof_fistful, fof_cripplecreek or fof_robertlee among others.
- The Good, The Bad and The Bot game mode: can you tell humans from bots? Then kill any other human before they kill you. Supported on fof_elpaso and fof_forest.
- Dynamite goes boom when shot while is alive
- Eagle Eye perk: lighted dynamite sticks are easier to hit by guns, effectiveness decreases over distance
- Dynamite sticks can be picked up while they are alive. You get a dynamite stick that can be used again as it was brand new.
- Mexican player model is used as desperado in mexican themed maps. Include mexican taunts
- Load-out quick launch menu: load your equipment presets in 1 click
- Use primary attack key to throw physics props instead just pressing use again to drop them
- Client crash due impact traces being applied wrongly to local player model
- Several team balancing related issues
- Some weapons had wrong or not very accurate physic collisions
- walk function didn't work when player used certain weapons
- Friendly fire forgive poll: defaults to autoforgive. No forgive poll will be started if offender has accumulated too much FF though.
- Multiplayer AI more responsive
- Performance optimization relative to buffers for glow based effects, this was too fillrate consuming.
- new cvar fof_glow_allowed, now glow outlining effects can be disabled for increased authenticity and improved framerate in some cases (also accessible from FoF Options panel)
- HUD related objectives panel improved, only icons that matter at each time are showed, they fade out while being drawn on screen center
- Added a bunch of new cvars to options/multiplayer/advanced tab
- Crosshair aperture is a tad wider by default. It fits better the real aim cone which is unchanged for all weapons (same values as v3.8). It can be customized in options/multiplayer/advanced tab
- Removed old game mode 'Hired Guns'
Map related changes:
- fof_snowy: higher cart speed, new buildings that add extra cover and higher tactical possibilites to both end areas
- fof_revenge: turned to winter themed level. New custom mode: Gold Rush
- fof_desperados: some textures replaced. New custom mode: Gold Rush
- fof_robertlee: performance optimizations, new custom mode Gold Rush
- fof_presidio: updated to support new survival mode
- fof_forest: new sawmill building, more cover, new lighting, custom mode changed to The Good, The Bad and The Bot
- fof_fistful: new lighting, custom mode changed to Gold Rush (random sacks, infinite respawns)
- fof_elpaso: new The Good, The Bad and The Bot custom mode added, improved 3dskybox, some new props and ground textures
- fof_abandoned: new lighting, sand storm effects and a tornado added. Additional geometry, extra cover. Added Boss custom game mode
- fof_monumentvalley: added a barricade to first stage (same objective as second stage), improved fog and 3dskybox, some texture changes and tweaks. A box of dynamite sticks has been added to both stages. Controlling them is key to win.
- fof_tijuana: lighting changed to daylight, now all areas are accessible, new game mode is Gold Rush Double (both teams capture at town's center)
- List of removed maps (can be downloaded separately): all coop_ maps, fof_tramonto (tramonto_lite renamed to fof_tramonto), fof_railhouse, duel_darktower, fof_coldblood
Weapon related changes:
- Darker edge effect while in iron sight mode (decreases vision field). Now this effect is enforced. Edge blurring shader removed, it was barely noticeable and took large performance hit.
- Schofield unused ammunition in cylinder will be lost when reloading
- Walker full reload sequence added, damage increased 20%, cost increased up to 50
- Brass knuckles damage increased 20%, cost decreased -5
- Bow damage increased at close distance (+10%)
- Axe: player speed slightly increased
- Dynamite: +1 extra stick, fuse changes color as stick is closer to explode
- Free aim revolver: moving while aiming will result in some slight revolver drifting effect