I like the older style games like Jagged Alliance 2, fallout 1 & 2, Dungeon Keeper, Final Fantasy 7 - 10 and the like. The only worth while games out today are Mass Effect 1 & 2 and GTA4 imo :\
This looks fantastic, I LOVE the art style.
If we can't build bases what would be the point in having defenses? Unless you can find a place to call your own I wouldn't see the point in building any form of defense.
The graphics look great so i'll follow this project, however I do have one concern... "Exciting first-person shooter gameplay combines with resource collection and building mechanics for a truly unique massively multiplayer online gaming experience" What is unique about that? You've pretty much described every 1st person survival game that has come out since DayZ.
If it's so ******* easy why don't you do it?
You had me at triple triad :)
This looks fantastic, will buildings be destructible or at least the windows?
I think you need to review a couple of things, firstly you're trying to sell an early access game at full price even though your game has very little features, it won't entice people to purchase early to "support development" and looking at steam it's been 3 months since you've done an update which also doesn't look very good.
However the idea of your game excites me and sounds really promising so i'll follow the project for now but please consider the points I've made.
I think if anything you should take a break, when work is piling pressure on you the last thing you want to do is have the additional pressure of developing a game on top of that, I'm sure I speak for many people when I say we'd rather you didn't burn out. Good luck with everything and hope work lets up soon.
Looking good, how do you find developing the game on UE4?
Is or will there be a demo for this game?
Why would people make a solid game like this F2P? Then fill it with pay to win ******** microtransactions.
You had me at Final Fantasy Tactics! The game looks fantastic too! Following.
This is in pretty poor taste, also looks like absolute shite too.
Looks great, will be following this, my only question is.... will there be a man selling weird kebabs in Junk town? ;)
6 years later, I'm still playing this game. Thank god for the mod squad!
Looks great! The only thing i would ask for in addition to what is already there is terrain destruction.
It's a shame you've had to stop development on it but i'm sure you have your reasons. Best of luck for the future.
Hey thanks for replying to me, after thinking about what you said in point 3 I do see what you mean in the fact that there isn't much need to walk around after combat is finished.
I'd like to give some feedback if I may. Although i'll start off by saying great job so far, looks very promising. Also while I know that this is still early days and what I suggest may be in the pipe line already I'd still like to say the following:
1. The animation for running, especially when it is an enemies turn isn't very fluid.
2. It would be nice to have an end turn shortcut key.
3. When there are no enemies about it would be good to go into real time, I don't like having to click 3 or 4 times to get to the other side of the map.
4. Speaking of the maps, they're so tiny. Again I know that this is early but I really hope the maps are going to be much bigger.
5. weapons, are there just going to generic, pistol, SMG, assault rifle, shotgun types or are you going to include a few different types?
6. What will the replay value be in the final version of the game? Would I be able to get a different ending or quests depending on how I play?
7. It is hard to see the difference between 8 and 0 because with the ingame font 0 looks like an 8
8. The animation for shooting around corners needs to be better, for example if you do a snap shot, you could just have the character point the weapon round the corner\cover and pop off a shot, and with an aimed attack, they could lean out and shoulder fire.
9. It would be pretty cool if for example my characters close combat skill was high enough that they could not only dodge but counter attack (maybe with the help of a perk). The animations are pretty good for this stage in the game though.
10. Consider an overflow system for AP, for example you can use 50% of your max AP that same turn (on top of your current AP) but you lose your next turn for that character.
Again I very much appreciate that this is a game in it's early stages and i'm giving you a lot of feedback here, but it's only because I feel a Jagged Alliance which is one of my all time favourite games. Please feel free to PM me if you'd like to discuss any of this.
I think if done right this could turn out to be a pretty decent game, if you can refine the graphics and give the character some purpose in the game..
Will this game have any unique features that differ it from other survival games?
Looks like this has some potential, will the characters snap to corners so they take cover and lean out when they need to shoot?
Will you be able to loot enemy corpses?
Is night time a little bit brighter now?
Great news, following you and your sibling on Twitter to keep up to date :D Will be backing as soon as you guys have your kickstarter up and running.
I really like how much detail you put into your posts, can't wait to see the finished game.
I like the art style a lot, and the concept seems pretty good, I'd say if you're only 18 and you've done this yourself, then you have a very bright future ahead of yourself!
Is this going to be free to play at all?
I like the concept, and if done like a proper survival game, where you need to fight/steal/scam your way through a particularly hard day, this could be good.
However I have some initial concerns (based on these screenshots), most hobos don't have near $236 (or whatever currency you're using) to use, what would the hobo be able to do with this money anyway? Is the goal of the game to establish yourself as a regular citizen or maybe even amass a small fortune considering you won't be paying the fat tax man?
If and when you decide to do alpha\beta testing, please let me know, I'd be very interested in providing any help possible!
They'd have to set it up so that the AI trades and deals with the economy.