Approximately 20 years after the events depicted in Deus Ex, The World is only beginning to recover from a Catastrophic worldwide depression.
In the Chaotic period of recovery, several religious and political factions see an opportunity to re-shape a worldwide governament to their agendas, understanding that the right moves now could determine the shape of human society for decades- even centruries- to come.
In this techno-nightmare, take part in the dark struggle to raise the world from its own ashes.
* Dynamic and innovative 1st person-action/adventure brings a level of reality unprecedented in a videogame.
* Biotech modifications allow players to see through walls, leap 40 feet into the air, regenerate critical body damage or render yourself radar invisible.
* Globe-hop to real world locations such as Seattle, Antarctica, and Cairo.
* Cunning stealth gameplay, with darkness and sound affecting enemy awareness.
* Variable gameplay offers multiple solutions to problems and support for varying stylistic approaches.
* Non-lethal, non-violent resolution to conflict, allowing players to make ethical statements through their actions.
* The player's progress through the game is supported by an unprecedented freedom of action by a dynamic, non-linear story with responsive plot branches.
GMDXv8.0's release date has been set back to DEC 20th 2015 as more testing time is needed.
In the meantime, all the videos that demonstrate the sheer scale and design progression that is GMDX:
Part 1: Artificial Intelligence: Youtu.be
Part 2: Player-Controlled Mechanics: Youtu.be
Part 3: Sim Systems and Effects: Youtu.be
Part 4: Weaponry: Youtu.be
Part 5: RPG Systems: Youtu.be
Part 6: Level Design & Graphics: Youtu.be
Part 7: Audio Design & UI: Youtube.com...
Part 8: Preferences & Misc: Youtube.com
As a side note, ALL Military-type NPCs can now melee if you get up close:
GMDX has also gained a new team member! He's a talented artist that goes by the alias '"Barbeerian", and intends to aid GMDX fulfill its potential by adding a variety of new art: 2D textures, skins, models and animations.
Here's a shot of the very first asset contributed in its early creation stage, a helmet model:
I'm always looking for new team members to push Deus Ex at an accelerated rate and cover other fields of design, so if you're interested send a PM.
Apologies for the delay. Quality is important.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Lowest Rated (3 agree) 3/10
It was a HUUUUUUUGE disappointment for a Deus Ex sequel. I remember just beating Deus Ex, being amazed by the game, then I was looking around the Steam store, and saw Invisible War. My first thought was "Holy s***, I am buying this." So I did, installed it, and I was shocked at how BAD it was. Maybe it's because I had such high expectations for it because of "Deus Ex" in the title, and it would be hard to live up to it, but... it's just.... ugh, I don't even want to think about it. Everything is…
May 31 2011 by NinjaBunny