The ultimate race combiner, bugfixer and more.
For both the STEAM and the DVD version of Dawn of War: Soulstorm
An amazing documentary/thorough preview of the mod itself by Poncha:
An excellent video by Caldaris,explaining many of the more complicated mechanics in the mod for anyone having troubles with them still.
Unification 5.9 Highlights
- ART: All nine Vanilla races got a HUGE art update. In fact... ALL units are updated! Brother Kekoulis is a HERO. Trust me.
- Titans: Each Vanilla race got one "Class I" Titan.
- New Units: Each vanilla race got new units and upgrades! With Necrons getting the most of it.
- New Voices: Thanks to brother Thudo and his huge team, you will experience a new level of audio.
- HUGE Campaign updates: Including the option to use Win Conditions in it and ALL the new stuff!
- New Win Conditions: Seamless operation. I have re-coded the whole SCaR folder, with tons of optimizations.
- Outstanding AI: We took the original DoWAI, and expanded even further! You will see additions coded from both me and brother Thudo.
- SURVIVAL: This new Game Mode is fully supported by ALL races. No more restrictions. MANY thanks to brother asterix120 for the help with the Profiles. Original idea by brother Argonaut. Re-coded from scratch.
- LAST STAND: Still WIP Game Mode. Idea taken from DoW2. You can play with Space Marines, Eldar, Tau, Emperor's Children and Inquisition Daemonhunters as players, and any enemy you like. And MORE maps added, thanks to brother Kasrkin.
- KILL-TEAM: EXPERIMENTAL !!! It is there if you want to see what this is about - a draft implementation of an idea... Just choose a skirmish map, and Space Marines, Eldar, Tau, Emperor's Children and Inquisition Daemonhunters as players. This is an ONE-SQUAD match. Just capture Locations to get resources and reinforce your squad. Original idea by brother ZmajOgnjeniVuk.
ASSAULT: Also experimental. And not updated for now.
- Easter Eggs: Search for them!
Plus many more things, like the tons of fixes of the Bugfix mod, shadows, better camera, the option to remove the Fog from maps, imported FreUI and Objective Points mods (no need for extra downloads) support for more Mem... No need to say more.
In this release, the following 17 races are not only supported, THEY ARE INCLUDED!!
Adeptus Mechanicus Explorators
Legions of the Damned
Khrone World Eaters
These are the STANDARD races, supported by Unification. And these are for STEAM MP gameplay!
You can of course manually add other races (and expect high levels of support), by hand.
Serious Warning: If you have heart (or any other medical) issues, do NOT play Against the Emperor's Children!!! Their Survival profile is NOT for the faint-hearted!!! You have been warned, we bare no responsibility if you still dare try!
MAIN SECTION - MOD DESCRIPTION
> Hello brothers. This is going to be the place where we will be developing the Unification Mod for the Dawn of War SoulStorm game, along with the Race Mods. Unification at its core, is an advanced combiner mod that allows you to seamlessly combine almost all community-created races. Make no mistake, this is the ABSOLUTE way to combine races. SCaR, AI, audio, winconditions, rules and all other aspects of the game need CAREFUL treatment, and I have already done the job.
> With the new version, it got even further. From 5.9 and beyond, it is also an ART REVAMP mod. All nine vanilla races are re-modelled to match higher visual standards.
> So this place will also be a "hub" for most race mods as well. You see, my team leads most of the race mods, so whenever we update one, a Unification note will also be posted.
This version works both with the STEAM and the DVD version of the SoulStorm game. Please, have your game updated to the latest patch version, for maximum efficiency.
Important: Your PROFILE name, MUST NOT end with a [Space] and a Numerical. Which means that names like "Uber 1" or "Superman 3" or "John 7" or "Computer 5" will cause issues!!!
I get out-of-memory errors,what do I do?
- Enable LAA. - In your local.ini(inside your Soulstorm folder),have the fullres_teamcolour=0.
- For bigger games,have the persistent scarring and bodies to low or off.
If the issue persists on your system,try 6p maps instead of full 8p.This is a memory limit of the engine itself,as it is a 32-bit application.
- To gain gain some more free Memory, just leave the AI MapDB wincondition, DISABLED.
4.)I have frame drop issues when I move my mouse and is flickering.
This is a bug caused by a Nvidia drivers update. 1.) Head to your Soulstorm folder and open a file entitled 'local.ini'. Look for a line that says 'screennovsync=0' and change the '0' to a '1'.
2.) Again, in your Soulstorm folder, enter the 'Drivers' folder and open a .txt file named 'spdx9_config'. Look for a line that says 'allowhwcursor 1' and change the '1' to a '0'.
3.) Test out your game. If your game is not running perfectly and you are using a NVIDIA GPU, roll your driver back to at least 457.41. Some people are experiencing issues with the 460+ drivers when it comes to playing older games.
OFFICIALLY INCLUDED RACE MODS
Dark Angels (Final version.)
Witch Hunters (Final version.)
Adeptus Mechanicus Explorators (QoL update.)
Emperors Children (Final version.)
Inquisition Daemonhunt (Final version.)
Salamanders (Final version.)
Imperial_Fists (Final version.)
Steel Legions (QoL update.)
The Dance Macabre (Final version.)
Thousand Sons (Both QoL update and some new additions but a final rework is scheduled for the future.)
Blood Angels (QoL update.)
Legion of the Damned (Final version.)
Tyranids (Christmas version.)
Chaos Daemons (New and custom rework for Unification based on Gambit's original project with additional rework planned.)
Rage (New Version.)
Thirteenth Company (A Space Wolves mod.)(New version.)
Black Templars (QoL update on the latest version.)
- The game - either the DVD or Steam version (obviously!). Dawn of War is VERY cheap nowadays, so there is no excuse for not having it :) Remember that you must have the DoW game and all expansions (WA,DC,SS) to play with all 9 core races! (Note that to play on-line, you will need the Steam version.)
- A capable machine. 3 Ghz CPU / 4 GB Sys mem / 2 GB Vid mem would allow you to play the game at almost full settings. The most important part is the memory. I would say, 6 Gbs + is a must.
Please note if the exe of the Campaign Configurator is marked as a virus,it is a false positive.However,if you still do not trust it,you are free to delete it,especially if you do not care much about the campaign.This is also one of the reason we allow for manual installation,in case people do not trust the installer for whatever reason.
Whatever issues related to Unification must be reported here.
For issues related to race mods, please post them at the appropriate place - that is, the corresponding race mod's page. You may also report whatever inconsistency, directly to me (PM). Note that most of the races are now led by my team - and for the rest we have EXCELLENT relationships with our coding brothers. So... Everything will be take care of - provided we are still around...
DON'T FORGET: The DoW game series is a marvel given to us by Relic/Sega and and the WH40k universe is the outstanding creation of Games Workshop - a work of true art, if you ask me. There are countless souls in these companies (I hope I mentioned them all!) that have worked hard to provide us with this outstanding sci-fi experience. A big THANKS goes to them, and (needless to say) full credits are rightfully their own :)
For your consideration,a full credits list is located here.
Oh boy, this was a WALL of text! But the actual installation and usage of Unification is very very easy, really.
Greetings everyone once again!With the mod fully released at long last,we keep our promise and launch our Official Discord server!
Join our Community to find other people to play and enjoy Unification together as well as send us your feeback,reports and of course suggestions and ideas(even about new unit requests) about the future of the mod.
Or just hang out with us!
We thank you again for your enormous support.We hope to see you on the battlefield soon!
And as a last reminder,remember to read the descriptions for installation carefully on each method.
And if one does not work immediately for you,try an another one.
Take care and have fun all!
-The Unifictaion Dev Team.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
The Unification main installer. PLEASE READ THE DESCRIPTION CAREFULLY FOR INSTRUCTIONS!
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Highest Rated (7 agree) 10/10
just perfect ultimate warhammer 40k
experience in the world in one package .thanks to the hard work and fruits of dow community since 2004 tell now.
Feb 11 2018 by DooMslayer2021