Tellurian is a mod for Impossible Creatures which we hope will: 1). Balance IC, so that as many stock creatures are as useful as possible. 2). Fill out the IC genetic library with new, interesting stock creatures that are useful without being overpowered. 3). Provide a whole new experience without sacrificing the fundamental feel of IC. 4). Introduce modelling and modding techniques which have never before been available to anyone besides the Impossible Creatures developers themselves. 5). Be continually updated, and improved, so that no creatures remain overpowered or "abused" for long. It is important to note that we're striving for professionalism, here. That means proper science-y creature bios and mostly sensible abilities-- though some sacrifices have to be made in the name of balance.
First, I'd like to apologize for keeping our ModDB followers in the dark for so terribly long. It seems the 2.4 announcement never quite made its way to this site. Hopefully, most of you have been keeping up with our other release platforms on the Steam Workshop and GoG.com, but if not, then fret not, as today is the day Tellurian triumphantly returns to ModDB. To get you all up to speed, here's a (very) brief summary of what's been done since 2.03, our last official release on this site.
- Beluga: Size 6 water artillery with Sonar Pulse
- Velvet Worm: Size 1 direct ranged unit with Pack Hunter
- Lammergeier: Flying artillery unit with Keen Sense
- Bolas Spider: Unique direct ranged unit that shoots webs from its front legs and contains HP on its tail
- Diamond Python: Our love letter to Creature Chaos--a reimagining of the boa constrictor
- Oogpister: A chemical artillery unit with Deflection Armour, high melee, and high speed
- Whale Shark (also fixed fin bug)
- Spitting Spider
- Eroded Forts (6 players)
- Tiny Grove (6 players)
- Boardwalk (2 players)
- Viridis Ravine (6 players)
- Overpass (6 players)
- Nautilus (6 players)
- Dreamcatcher (2 players)
- Bikini Isles (6 players)
- Dukono (5 players)
- Hilo Leviathan (5 players)
- Highlands (6 players)
- Face-Off (4 players)
- Katrina (4 players)
- Retouched 2Fort4 (now called "2fixed4")
- Retouched Big Bog
- Retouched Ice 1v1v1 (from Creature Chaos)
- Further retouched Starfish
- Global defense nerf (creatures without Horns are now viable at Level 5)
- Artillery nerfed; piercing upgrade drastically reduced
- Defile is now minimum rank 3, but with greatly reduced damage and electricity cost
- Minimum land and water speeds increased to 15 and 12, respectively
- Land speeds for flying insects and birds increased
- Various nerfs to anti-air towers
- Spitting Spider granted Immunity
This is a very brief log of the most impactful changes we've made over the past few years. I couldn't hope to cover them all (not even close!) in this article, so you're encouraged to go out and discover for yourselves!
To end the article, here are just a couple preview images for version 2.5. We sincerely hope you enjoy playing our mod and hope to see you all online in the near future! Now, onward to Tellurian 3.0!
Regarding the release of Tellurian 2.1.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
This is an optional patch for version 18.104.22.168 to fix the bug causing corrupted game text. In other words, no more ??? everywhere.
Contains several balance and UI updates over version 2.6.2.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Highest Rated (2 agree) 10/10
I always though IC is dead which was sad to me since I love this game a lot. I am very happy there is some kind of mod that is in development in 2014 and ands many new high quality and balanced creatures. Many thanks for this!
Sep 19 2014 by CZelednikov