Tellurian is a mod for Impossible Creatures which we hope will: 1). Balance IC, so that as many stock creatures are as useful as possible. 2). Fill out the IC genetic library with new, interesting stock creatures that are useful without being overpowered. 3). Provide a whole new experience without sacrificing the fundamental feel of IC. 4). Introduce modelling and modding techniques which have never before been available to anyone besides the Impossible Creatures developers themselves. 5). Be continually updated, and improved, so that no creatures remain overpowered or "abused" for long. It is important to note that we're striving for professionalism, here. That means proper science-y creature bios and mostly sensible abilities-- though some sacrifices have to be made in the name of balance.
After much anticipation, version 2.3 of Tellurian is now up on Steam! In addition to the new stock animals, we've made some very interesting changes this time around. There will be a changelog at the end of this post.
New unit: The lammgergeier, a mid-game flying artillery unit.
- Lammergeier added
- Completely remade hornbill model
- Defile bumped down to level 3, drastically nerfed, cheapened
- Hovering speed greatly reduced, endurance cost increased; hover art can now be punished effectively
- Flying insect walk speed increased (hornet, wasp, firefly)
- Artillery reshuffled; rock artillery is now shortest range but highest damage, water artillery is longer range but lower damage, and chemical artillery is
still very long range and low damage
- Reduced effectiveness of artillery against structures
- Reduced effectiveness of piercing upgrade for artillery
- Reduced effectiveness of Barrier Destroy against standard structures
- Damage to bramble fences unchanged
- Swamp slowdown now only affects units size 6 and above
Manual install: www.dropbox.com/s/d6je3yy4sgmze4x/Tellurian 2-3.7z?dl=0
Regarding the release of Tellurian 2.1.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
[No longer requires version 2.0] Patch for version 2.0. Most current version of the mod. Address many complaints about the balance in version 2.0 (especially...
Small patch for version 1.0. Various balance tweaks. Extract to your Impossible Creatures directory and overwrite when prompted.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Highest Rated (2 agree) 10/10
I always though IC is dead which was sad to me since I love this game a lot. I am very happy there is some kind of mod that is in development in 2014 and ands many new high quality and balanced creatures. Many thanks for this!
Sep 19 2014 by CZelednikov