Unofficial Steam Spearhead Mod Units Guide updated to the latest version.
The download is available on Steam Workshop.
Support us on Patreon!
So what is Speahead..? People die faster than Relic can break our mod :D
- Achronos, Project Leader
Deadlier Weapons: Greatly increased weapon damage and range across the board. Anything and everything has a potential chance to kill if used correctly. Automatic weapons can tear through multiple targets, artillery can pulverize multiple squads if left unchecked.
New Units: More units available such as the 3.7cm Pak 36, or the Bazooka-wielding Anti-Tank Squad for Americans. No faction will be left out entirely in a certain playstyle, such as defense, or tank combat, but neither do they all function the same.
Redesigned Combat: Infantry is a game of tactics, you stand a fair chance of countering any other squad under the right circumstances. Not just because one squad is "elite" and yours aren't. Armor combat is a much more dangerous game. The tank with the better gun or thicker armor will quickly splatter the smaller tank, using coordinated attacks and flanking is crucial, especially for Allied tanks. Accuracy may be effected by movement, crew experience, while reload times may depend on the placement of the ammunition storage within the tank.
Doctrines: These are available as a means to provide more flexibility and options over the vanilla commanders in the form of abilties that complement playstyle, new units, and more. Choosing a doctrine (Company, Regiments, Tactics, Division, Corps, resepectively.) from the HQ is recommended.
Even more Specifics:
- Abilities: Sprint and Hold Position is available for all infantry, and a lot more for each squad to give them more utility.
- Aircraft: Airstrikes and strafing runs are far more lethal, but at the same time able to be countered with enough AA.
- Ambush: Infantry in cover or buildings will be able to hide and wait for targets to arrive closer. Urban combat will be significantly more dangerous, armor is advised to have supporting infantry.
- Armor: Size matters. A Tiger can easily take on multiple medium tanks, while an ISU-152 can pick it off from range.
- Artillery: Howitzers, and mortars no longer hit dead-on with every single shot. While they do far more damage, they cost munitions to fire and scatter far more. Expect heavy ordnance such as a 240mm gun to potentially change the course of an entire battle.
- Buildings: All factions have received defensive build options, such as machine gun nests and sandbags.
- Criticals: Many unused or removed criticals have been re-added and applied to much more weapons. For example, Tanks can have engine fires, get shellshocked by artillery, or have their turret jammed. Flak can shatter weapon optics, pierce through armor and damage the crew.
- Infantry: Firefights are a more equalized playing ground. German units wont be able to just sponge up damage from the Allied armies, their soldiers are just as lethal if used correctly. Tactics and weapons matter.
- Officers: No longer commander-specific, they provide an assortment of abilities and aura to aid your troops in the field, call a smoke barrage to cover an advance, or light flares to mark artillery.
- Upgrades: Units can be extensively customized due to many new upgrades, most units have up to six available upgrades, ranging from weapons, explosives, and other abilities.
- Tactical Retreat: Troops no longer receive increased survivability when retreating. Use it when viable!
- Veterancy: Squads will no longer morph into super soldiers at Rank 3. Bonuses will be added incrementally and up to rank 5. Veterancy-based abilities, and weapon upgrades also encourage you to keep your troops alive.
Balance/History/PR: Charles Vane
Bug Reporter: M0131U5
Assistant Modder: Papa Schlumpf
Testers: AllstarJester, Fieldy 1994, GANDALFtheSWAG, Mishimix, VoteVeto and all those I have forgotten.
Special thanks to:
Janne252 - Nearly wouldnt have gotten this far without his CheatCommands game mode!
MonolithicBacon - For creating amazing Spearhead-specific maps and gamemodes.
UKVAULTMAN - Also for creating some awesome Spearhead maps!
LeePriest - For help as a former partner in the project.
Relic - For keeping us busy with bugs every new patch :D
Nithralder - Help with some coding.
Want to join the team? Feel free to message Charles Vane or Achronos.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.