Contra is a freeware modification for Command and Conquer Generals: Zero Hour real-time strategy game. It's a big project started in 2004. It adds many new units as well as numerous new upgrades, new general's powers and buildings. It also adds new sounds, maps, bug fixes, enhanced graphics, and other effects, as well as three new generals.
009 BETA 2 - ModDB
009 BETA - ModDB
008 FINAL - ModDB
008 BETA 2 - ModDB
008 BETA - ModDB
007 - ModDB Revora
006 - ModDB FileFront
005 - ModDB FileFront
004 - ModDB FileFront
003 - ModDB FileFront
002 - ModDB FileFront
Air Force general depends on speed and precision. He requires skillful
control and is heavy on micro management. While being a powerful general
the skill and experience required makes him difficult for many
beginners to play.
Laser is a versatile general strong in call situations. He is flexible and has
units to fill every combat role. As a result he has no weaknesses other
than being a specialist at nothing.
Advantage of this general is easy micro and very simple strategy. Almost the same
vs all enemies - build up around enemy until he dies. However, you
should not ignore other abilities.
The generic feature of this general is his mobility, which allows to move
an entire army very fast and create numerical superiority at desired
areas of the battlefield. His basic strategy is unstoppable maneuvering
along enemy base perimeter. If he finds a weak point in defense, he
moves there instantly and destroys the most significant targets.
Nuke General must rely on aggression to defend his base. He has no defenses
to hide behind while you wait for your nukes to load. The absence of
defense structures forces the player to be more active and aggressive.
Use your units to carry out counterattacks for defense and support your
main attack with super weapons.
Infantry is a volatile general given to decisive victories or defeats in the
early game. As expected, he relies on masses of infantry in the early
game, later reinforced by more infantry. In the late game he gains
powerful artillery strikes supported by the same infantry.
His strategy is easy to understand, but not as easy to implement:
build more tanks and attack. But everything has its details.
He has the same strategy as tank general, but another means for its
implementation and another battle tactics. His vehicles are not as
armoured as tank general's ones, so he has to use artillery and
different tactics and tricks, instead of forcing his way through.
Toxin General specializes in area attacks and damage over time. He is
especially effective vs mobbed units and hordes. If well played, you
will find all of your positions unapproachable for the fields of acid
He is a versatile and powerful general with demanding micro management needs.
Since almost all units are disposable, you must use them with care,
directing almost all kamikazes manually. The more assiduously you play -
the more complex it becomes for enemy to defend from your endless flows
of kamikazes. If you play properly, you can defeat any other general.
While at a glance his units are weak and poorly suited of combat, Stealth
General is a deceptively powerful general using infiltration and
surprise to his advantage. He has long range sniper units capable of
attacking with impunity against units lacking stealth detection. He is a
challenging general to play, but has a strong reward for the effort given.
Assault is a flexible general with flexible units. He requires low micro
management and is well suited for most players. While having
no spectacular abilities he also has no weaknesses.
Hi guys!! (and girls, I hope there is at least one girl playing Contra mod)
Autumn did not officially start yet, but sometimes we like to be super crazy and break the rules.
So even before Autumn we are bringing you Autumn update (how crazy is that)!?
As we are heading towards Contra 009 FINAL release, we are polishing and improving existing units, AI behavior and gameplay.
In this update we will show you some of the updated units. Of course, besides just units renders, there are a lot of "touches" which you will notice when actually playing.
Once again, we are doing this all for you, so please be a bit more patient.
- First one is updated Microwave Tank for Laser general. Finally that old tuna fish can is replaced with better model. Yes, he is using Avenger bottom, and no, not every tank has to be super unique.
- "Gate guardians" are cool guardian drones made only for Seraph mech. Due to game balance Seraph`s shield is removed. New drones are made by default, you don't have to spend money for them. They protect Seraph in pair. Repairing him while standing above him, destroying missiles with lasers, and shooting on both infantry and vehicles. Drones cannot be killed (nor targeted) until Seraph dies.
- Cybernetic general Factory has been remade because of few reasons. First one is, old model had really bad UVW map where some parts of texture were stretched. When exported, few animation frames were cut (no one actually noticed and I never told anyone). And texture style didn't fit other USA structures. So now, you can see brand new factory which fits Ironhand style. Factory doesn't have dining room, sleeping room and other rooms like barracks, instead, there is a butchery needed for assembly of human and robot parts. Where are human parts from? Well, don't ask me. Ask general Ironhand who claims there are less homeless on the streets since he runs his program.
- Another USA structure makeover is given to Airforce generals Superweapon. Again, bad UVW map and texture design, but also lack of night version led to improvement. Few more details added, looks neat in game.
- China also got few things. Zhu Rong or Thermobaric mortar, got improved cannon and few details attached. Once you play general Bao challenge, you will know you are in Hell.
- Contra doesn't have many public models in game. In fact, there is one only. It is famous Dragon Tank. I couldn't find a better concept for this true masterpiece, in order to make this tank unique for Contra. At the end, it would be just a slight variant of this unit. So, Dragon tank got his texture and UVW map improved to fit all other China tanks in Contra mod.
- And at last, Tank general Overlord Headquarters got improved structure. We will all agree that old one was lacking details.
And, at the end, as usual...
Please don't ask for release date as we don't know exactly. Yes, we are doing our best to release 009 FINAL this year. Both you and we are waiting for this very long. But keep in mind that we are trying not to release a version filled with bugs, or with broken gameplay where one general rules over others. We are aware that we won't be able to achieve a perfect balance, but we assure you that it will be much better than before. That's hard when you have so many unique units.
Anyway, thank you for patience, and thank you for support. It means a lot!
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.