Contra is a freeware modification for Command and Conquer Generals: Zero Hour real-time strategy game. It's a big project started in 2004. It adds many new units as well as numerous new upgrades, new general's powers and buildings. It also adds new sounds, maps, bug fixes, enhanced graphics, and other effects, as well as three new generals.
Contra 009 Final is here in 2018! CLICK ON "Read more..." TO SEE THE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Extract all the content from the "Contra009Final" archive to your Zero Hour directory. To play the mod, open "Contra_Launcher.exe".
You will find startup options such as music, language, unit voices, etc. Decide your preferences and click "Launch".
To play online with others, set up ContraVPN.
Contra will auto-detach itself from Zero Hour on exit, so that you can launch vanilla Zero Hour or any other mod.
Manual installation instructions for those having problems with launcher:
I want to emphasize that for these steps you MUST NOT use the Contra Launcher. Many people don't read carefully and fail to install the mod.
1. Put all files from the "Contra009Final" archive into your Zero Hour folder (NOT the one in My Documents).
2. Rename !Contra009Final.ctr to !Contra009Final.big.
3. Rename !Contra009Final_EN.ctr to !Contra009Final_EN.big OR rename !Contra009Final_RU.ctr to !Contra009Final_RU.big if you want Russian language.
4. Rename !Contra009Final_NatVO.ctr to !Contra009Final_NatVO.big OR rename !Contra009Final_EngVO.ctr to !Contra009Final_EngVO.big if you want English unit voices.
5. Rename !Contra009Final_NewMusic.ctr to !Contra009Final_NewMusic.big if you want new soundtracks, otherwise the game will play the vanilla ones.
6. Rename Scripts folder to Scripts1 (which is located inside Data folder).
7. Start the game from generals.exe (NOT Contra Launcher.exe)!
Zero Hour version 1.04 is required!
Contra works in conjunction with mods that come with a launcher such as ShockWave, Rise of the Reds, Cold War Crisis, Vietnam Glory Obscured, Generals: Enhanced and others.