This is a mod of the CoJ: Bound in Blood Single Player. While Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood is an excellent game, it isn't quite realistic enough. This...
Hello, and thanks for taking a look at my mod. Below you will find a complete list of all changes made to the game along with installation instructions and additional information.
This mod focuses primarly on improving gameplay, making weapons more realistic and making it less anachronistic. The custom Field of Views available is there to allow a larger amount of people to play. I have seen a lot of people say on various forums on the internet that they were unable to play the game due to the narrow Field of View, and whether they forced themselves to play it through or quit early, now they have a chance to enjoy it with less headache.
1. Choose between Field of View's, original FOV is 46. If you are not familiar with Field of Views, it might be best to go with the default one.
2. Open your CoJ2 directory.
On the disc vesion it should be "C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Techland\Call of Juarez - Bound in Blood\CoJ2".
I do not have the Steam version, but in that version the directory should be somewhere in "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common", sometimes games are placed outside the "common" path.
You know you are in the right place when you see lots of Data files, including the ones in my mod.
3. Make a backup of the Data0, Data3 and DataEn files, because you are going to replace them.
4. Now replace the original files with the ones found in the choosen FOV folder.
If you do not want story changes, ignore the DataEn file and just replace the two others instead.
5. Now it is finished and ready to play. It is recommended to start a new game. Old saves will not work.
6. To uninstall, simply go back to the directory and replace the mod files with the original ones you took a backup of.
# STORY #
- First of all, if you do not like the following then you can just choose to not install the DataEn file when installing the mod. You will lose many text-based changes, but no gameplay changes.
To avoid anachronisms with guns, it is now set in 1875 after the time-skip. This may seem like a lot, but I have seen even weirder time-skips before. Most of the characters are adults and wouldn't change much in appearance anyway. William requires some suspension of disbelief, but you can just imagine that he is supposed to look much younger in the second level.
The Classic Gun and Classic Rifle is standing in for the Colt Peacemaker and Winchester 1873 respectively.
Obviously this messes with the Call of Juarez timeline, but my mod isn't canon, so no harm is done.
# GAMEPLAY #
Weapons and Gameplay in General:
- Different Field of Views to choose from. This was very hard to fix, which is why you have not seen this fix before. The original FOV was actually 46, and you can now choose 57, 65, or 75. However, the game was never designed for that, so you may, and in some cases will, encounter graphical glitches. Cut-scenes could possibly behave strangely as well. I have not played through the game on every FOV option, so I can not garantee it works as well as the original FOV. I have atleast started every level on every FOV and they seem to work fine. If you have problems with one, you could try another.
I made no higher FOV option than this because it started causing graphical glitches, and going higher would obscure the vision completely.
- All single action handguns have had their firerate and fire animations synchronized. This means that their firerate have been slightly lowered and fire animations made faster until the characters visibly cocks the hammer on the gun before firing again. The difference in firerate is small and is only signicantly slower in rusty condition. This was very hard to do but makes it much more realistic, and I am very proud of this accomplishment. If you feel negatively about this, atleast give it a try first.
- Removed static sprite of the crosshair, if you prefer it differently you can check out the Crosshair Mod available on the Ubisoft forums (not mine). Concentration Mode crosshairs have also been slightly tweaked.
- Most weapons have had their range increased. Aiming down the sights now increases range even further.
- Players can now carry 120 rounds of pistol ammunition and 60 rounds of rifle and shotgun ammunition.
- Rebalanced weapon stats, and done some small improvements here and there.
- All bosses use standard quality guns when duelling.
- Loading Screen Hints have been modified.
- Probably less important things i can't remember.
- Renamed to "Colt 1848 Dragoon".
- Renamed to "Colt 1873 Peacemaker".
- Renamed to "Schofield Model 3".
- All conditions have different firerate speed.
- Rusty and Standard condition have slower reload speed.
- Renamed to "Victor Collete Pepperbox".
- Renamed to "Remington 1866 Derringer".
- Is now single action and must be cocked between shots, instead of semi-automatic.
- Renamed to "LeMat 1869 Revolver".
- Holds nine pistol rounds now, for a total of ten shots.
- Rifle round is changed to shotgun shell like the real version (it only fires four projectiles, this is because enemies only fire shotgun shells and their rapid fire caused extreme lag with any more).
- Renamed to "Volcanic Pistol".
- Holds eight rounds now, instead of twelve.
- Is much less powerful now, like the real version, but for gameplay reasons it can still kill in one shot to the torso in Suberb condition.
- Renamed to "Winchester 1873 Repeater".
- Scoped variant renamed to "Winchester Repeater Scoped".
- Scoped variant added to singleplayer and can be found in many gun shops and levels.
- Renamed to "Sharps Long Rifle".
- Scoped variant renamed to "Sharps Rifle Scoped".
- Both variants are more common now and are more often found in gun shops.
- Both variants in Superb condition have faster reload speed.
- Renamed to "Double Barreled Shotgun".
- Renamed to "Sawed-Off Shotgun".
- Has been moved to the handgun slot, and can now be dual-wielded.
- Renamed to "Gatling Gun".
# LEVELS #
There is unfortunately not enough room to write all level specific changes, to view them you will have to check the ReadMe included in the mod download.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.