NOW AVAILABLE FOR BATTLEZONE COMBAT COMMANDER (2018) THROUGH THE STEAM WORKSHOP.
---new description and screens on BZCC workshop, old description below.
TOTAL COMMAND, will be the realization and fulfillment of a number of ideas, wishes, and what if’s I have had concerning the Battlezone (1998) game in combination with Battlezone II Combat Commander. It is intended to be a ‘Battlezone II-ification’ of Battlezone (1998) by adding its races to Battlezone II alongside the ISDF and Scions, and provide a unique and alternative vision of Battlezone (1998) in a fully acknowledged Battlezone II environment.
It will give me the opportunity to try things with Battlezone (1998), and share them with you, including:
(Not all features listed, or images shown may be reflected in the released version.)
- Battlezone II style gameplay and mechanics (larger armies, build-tree, BZ2 economy, re-deployable base units).
- New unit types (What if the NSDF and CCA had service vehicles, or bombers?).
- New playable races (What if the Furies were a fully realized and playable race?).
- Featuring 6 races: NSDF, Black Dogs, CCA, CRA, Furies, and introduces the Crimson Bears Brigade.
- Added or altered visual effects (unit and building animations, BZII headlights, thruster flames).
- Higher-poly models and High-res textures (than BZ1 or BZII) with an alternative look to familiar units.
- (tentative) Personal variations and tweaks to the SP missions that would take into account all of the above and include re-envisioned, newly built and detailed maps.
It’s never been my intention or goal to be better than the original (or 98 Redux), or become “the alternative” vision. It is my intention that this be an experience that is both comfortably familiar while uniquely different than any made available for Battlezone II or Battlezone (1998) before.
Some might say, “Battlezone is supposed to be…” I say, “Suppose it were different.”