Operation Black Mesa is a total remake of Half-Life: Opposing Force. Utilizing the Source engine, Tripmine Studios plans to recreate the Black Mesa Research Facility from the ground up, as seen by the protagonist, Adrian Shephard.
• As a total conversion mod, Operation Black Mesa aims to be composed custom content entirely.
• All original maps re-created and re-envisioned for better realism and gameplay.
• Some maps are enlarged / extended to create a more lengthy and immersive experience.
• Improved AI, making enemies smarter and combat more dynamic.
• More enemy encounters to keep the action fresh.
• Scripted scenes with all the original Opposing Force characters to help bring the story to life.
• Textures and models pushing the limits of the Source engine, to bring you as much artistic detail as possible.
• New voice acting, new sound assets and a new soundtrack.
• Multiplayer that will bring back the classic gameplay, but also many new features, maps and game modes!
• Guard Duty, a remake of Half-Life: Blue shift is also being developed as DLC for Operation: Black Mesa.
That´s what you all have been waiting for, right? So here we go, some pictures to demonstrate progress throughout some of our departments. Of course, we are not showing everything, most are kept a seecret.
Our level designers are, as you can see, still hard at work... A lot of our maps are in a playable state, and everything is coming together in a timely manner. Still a lot of work ahead of us though, but we feel very happy about the progress thus far. As you can see, some places you will probably recognize, and others have changed considerably. The progress we have made is great and this year can probably be considered as one of the most productive years ever.
Of course, people in other departments are also quite hard at work. 3D artists are producing a lot of props/environmental models, ranging from small, such as toolboxes, and huge models such as the beautiful Harrier jet that was showed off in our Aniversary stream.
Those who have joined us in our live streams already know we are actually working very hard on improving our rock formations and displacements. We really want to make great looking outdoor areas and therefore, some of our artists focus on that particular area. Just seemingly simple rock formations as seen in the pictures below can make a great difference. Of course, not only the models but also particles, grass, plants (yes, cactus is included), sounds and skies, all of this combined together will make our outdoor areas feel flourished and alive. Speaking of skies, our "sky artist" TheComedian would like to show you his night sky progress.
Besides the progress we have shown, we are taking off on voice acting and programmers are also working very hard on many features and improvements to source engine. We cannot wait to see how that will turn out as some of these are very exciting and ambitious things that we are cooking up. Our 3D organic artists are working around the clock to pump out characters for us. It´s still a department that could use a bit more love, so if you are or someone you know is a skilled 3D organic artist, don´t hesitate to apply. Of course, we are still looking to fill other positions too. The best is to check a list of currently available positions. That link should guide you very well through the application process, just follow it.
We are about to close this update, but.... We might have even more exciting things for you quite soon, who knows . Definitely stay tuned. And if you haven´t done that yet, you should join our recently launched Discord channel. And do not forget about Twitter, Facebook and Steam group !
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.