Operation Black Mesa is a total remake of Half-Life: Opposing Force. Utilizing the Source engine, Tripmine Studios plans to recreate the Black Mesa Research Facility from the ground up, as seen by the protagonist, Adrian Shephard.
• As a total conversion mod, Operation Black Mesa aims to be composed custom content entirely.
• All original maps re-created and re-envisioned for better realism and gameplay.
• Some maps are enlarged / extended to create a more lengthy and immersive experience.
• Improved AI, making enemies smarter and combat more dynamic.
• More enemy encounters to keep the action fresh.
• Scripted scenes with all the original Opposing Force characters to help bring the story to life.
• Textures and models pushing the limits of the Source engine, to bring you as much artistic detail as possible.
• New voice acting, new sound assets and a new soundtrack.
• Multiplayer that will bring back the classic gameplay, but also many new features, maps and game modes!
• Guard Duty, a remake of Half-Life: Blue shift is also being developed as DLC for Operation: Black Mesa.
Greetings!I hope you all had a great start to 2022. We sure did! And even if most of us had spent our holiday time with families and close friends, we haven´t stopped working hard on Operation: Black Mesa and Guard Duty.
As always, it was hell of a ride for us at Tripmine Studios. This year was once again very important in regards to the progress. Not only that we are pumping out assets, keeping on assembling levels, but we have also managed to bring a lot of important new features to the Source engine, such as PBR rendering. Thanks to enormous efforts from our programming team, Source Engine looks better than ever.
And just right for Christmas, we have launched our Steam Store page, which was a climax of our traditional "Tripmas event". What are you waiting for? Head over there, and do not forget to add us to your wishlist! The event itself brought you some extra media from our game and even more was unleashed with the Steam store launch.
As promised, we are back with next part of the anniversary update - actual media update to please your eyes with some progress.