1) Civil Protection Officer and Overwatch Soldier's AI heavily improved.
2) NPC's aggressiveness and intelligence are now affected depending on difficulty. On Easy, enemies are amateurish and on Medium & Hard, your enemies are more challenging.
3) Difficulty settings no more affect how much damage players will receive and deliver. Ammo boxes quantity is still affected however.
4) Your weapons are slightly more accurate and efficient.
5) Allied Combine Forces: Combine NPCs who fight alongside the Resistance.
6) Antlion and Resistance co-existence: now you can storm Nova Prospekt with your rebel friends without having them slaughtered by your own Antlions. This applies to the Allied Combine forces too!
7) Almost every Resistance fighter can now be killed by the player on Anticitizen One and Follow Freeman chapters!
8) Resistance fighters no longer remind you to reload all the time.
Requires Half-Life 2 and Source SDK Base 2007.
HOW TO INSTALL THE MOD:
1) Make sure you own Half-Life 2 and have the game installed.
2) Install Source SDK Base 2007.
3) Place "Badass_Combine_HL2" folder in "sourcemods" folder. Generally, for Windows users, it's located in
- 32-bit Windows: "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\sourcemods"
- 64-bit Windows: "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\sourcemods"
4) Execute the batch file for your desired Windows bit version. You MUST have Half-Life 2 and Source SDK Base 2007 installed in order to work.
- 32-bit Windows: 32bit_HL2_Maps_To_Source_SDK_Base_2007
- 64-bit Windows: 64bit_HL2_Maps_To_Source_SDK_Base_2007
The batch file will copy all HL2 maps to Source SDK Base 2007, allowing you to play all HL2 maps within the mod.
5) Restart Steam. The mod should be available in your Steam's library.
For the next release, not only you'll be able to play the entire HL2 saga (Half-Life 2, Episodes One and Two), but also be capable of easily integrate my mod into other mods as well.
Below, a list of compatible, yet recommended mods you can integrate Badass Combine into them:
HL2: Deep Down
Eye Of The Storm
MINERVA: Metastasis (NOT the steam version)
The Citizen Returns
The Forgotten Journey
The Masked Prisoner
Year Long Alarm
The video below demonstrates footage of my mod integrated in other mods.
The new version will no more require Source SDK Base 2007. Instead, it will require Source SDK Base 2013 Singleplayer to be played with.
While the version isn't out yet, save yourself some time by doing the following procedures bellow:
1) Open your Steam's Library, then change the list to 'TOOLS'.
2) Search for Source SDK Base 2013 Singleplayer.
3) Upon finding the tool, right-click it and select the 'Properties' option.
4) Click on the "Betas" tab, then switch to "upcoming - " on the list of available betas.
5) Close the tool's Properties windows and install Source SDK Base 2013 Singleplayer.
If you really want to, you can download the compatible mods on the links above.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.