Iron Grip: Warlord - The Winter Offensive is here. This page will show all of our new release information, tell you where to get your free new map and units, as well as let you in on a little secret: the Winter mod we threw in.
WHAT TO DO
The Winter Offensive is out as Iron Grip: Warlord 1.10 and it's ready for consumption. If you have already downloaded the demo and/or own the game, simply download the patch here at ModDB. The auto-installer will patch your version and get you up and playing with the new content in no time.
If you have not already downloaded the demo or you do not own the game or if you fed it to a pack of hungry sharks a few weeks ago, you must download the new demo package here at ModDB. This does not need to patch and is fully functional as both the demo and the game.
Please remember that if you don't own a legit copy of the game, you can't access this free content patch until you do - now has never been a better time to buy your copy, as well. This is just one of many planned content patches, and as you can see, it's only been a month since release! We're dedicated to adding new maps, fixing bugs, and giving you more value for your initial purchase.
You may, as always, buy the game at our webstore. We frequently mail our forum users coupons and discounts, so it's a good idea to sign up for the Isotx HIVE forums as well if you're thinking $24.95 USD is a steep price.
WHAT YOU GET
The Winter Offensive officially has a new map, new units, and a new soundtrack. The units are especially awesome - they're Confederates, meaning you get to destroy them in a multitude of ways! Anyway, while we've covered the units and map, Offensive also has a lot more we haven't covered.
Here are the official patch notes for Warlord 1.10 - The Winter Offensive:
- Two new units ("Templar" and "Fanatic") with extra skins
- One brand new map ("The Ruins")
- Three different officer variations
- Drastically increased NPC counts
- Fine-tuning and balancing of gameplay to provide bigger challenges and better experiences
- A new soundtrack for added for greater ambiance
- Updated scoreboard
- Officer now has a sword
- Sniper Rifle now damages multiple targets and is stronger
- Stronghold is invulnerable while being built
- Trip mines can only be tripped and will not explode via other damage
- Supply station resupply time increased
- Added last weapon used key
- Changed power elements
- Removed weapon buckets-weapons now assigned via UI menu
- OPTIMIZED: Amount of the simultaneous NPC footstep sounds
- OPTIMIZED: End of the round explosions
- FIXED: Spawning civilians can no longer get you stuck
As you can see, we've opted to make this an enhancement of the game and provide fixes to many problems.