New features including dog broadsword and bastard sword attacks and animations (with placeholder blood), material definitions for all alpha terrains, sharpness maps for all weapons, weapon stance animation layers, and more!
Posted by jeffr on May 9th, 2011
Here is the latest in our new weekly Overgrowth alpha format! David himself took some time to illustrate the traditional changelog in video form.
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our weekly alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth.
Be sure to watch it in HD!
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (among some extra ones thrown in for good measure):
- Added dog broadsword and bastard sword stances
- Added dog broadsword attacks
- Added material definitions to all alpha terrains
- Added sharpness maps for all weapons
- Fixed deployment problem with weapon sticking
- Added weapon stance animation layers
- Weapons can extend attack range
- Placeholder cut sounds and blood splatter effect
- Weapon flares only occur when weapon or camera are moving
- Added Macuahuitl weapons to spawner
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!