As you all know Halloween is nearly here and our latest release Zombie Panic! Source v2.0 will be out very soon. This marks 5 years of ZP and with that we're holding a Halloween Prop Modeling Competition. The competition is coming to a close with only 4 days left (October 21st, 2009) so make sure you go over the -details- once again and turn those entries in to firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP.
1st Place - $200 + 3 NOESIS Interactive Digital Tutorials of your choice (Valued up to $150)
2nd Place - $50 + 1 NOESIS Interactive Digital Tutorials of your choice (Valued up to $50)
3rd Place - $50 + 1 NOESIS Interactive Digital Tutorials of your choice (Valued up to $50)
That said, we also promised to show you more content that would be available in ZPS v2.0 as well as revealing more of our changelog so you have an idea of what to expect-
Because each ZPA will differ in scale and objectives we're leaving things here vague. Our other ZPA maps and the community will find that there is quite a bit one can do using their imagintation so each map can have it's own unique feel. Also I would like to point out that we will be releasing the FGD early which includes our beacon information so mappers can update their existing and in progress maps.
=====Zombie Panic! Source v2.0=====
- Added ZPA gamemode.
- Added Berserk mode for zombies.
- Added Objective list for levels.
- Added Objective beacons for levels. - Added Phong shader to models (All characters, hands, some guns, some props).
- Grenade cooking added.
- Waitress model and texture updated.
- Added new player model and zombie "Lea" *NEW*
- Added new music track "KM_Horde" *NEW*
- Added Zpo_Shreddingfield
- Added Zps_Clubzombo
- Added Zpa_BadBayou *NEW*
- Added Zpa_Town
- Updated Policestation.
- Updated Nightmare. *NEW*
- Updated Asylum.
- Updated DeadEnd.
- Updated Tanker.
- Updated Keretti. - Updated Subway (ZPO version). *NEW*
- Removed Deadblock (ZPS version).
- Removed Subway (ZPS version).
- Removed Golfclub from Starting melee weapons. *NEW*
- Updated some Weapon Animations. *NEW*
- Fixed Unload weapon bug.
- Added new melee weapon "Baseball Bat wood & aluminum" *NEW*
- Replaced frying pan with a highly detailed cast iron pan.
- Replaced cooking pot with a highly detailed sauce pot. *NEW*
We're very excited about this release and we love the new game mode and think you will as well. If you'd like to learn more about ZPA, jump in game now and read our bios pages (loading screen during connect to server or in-between map changes). Visit Zombiepanic.org for updates.
-ZP Development Team