Ultimate Apocalypse is a mod for Dawn of War Soulstorm, which aims to create the most diverse possible unit and faction selection within the confines of the original DOW engine. We strive to create the most engaging and balanced Warhammer 40,000 game that we can, without sacrificing the fun factor. From hordes of Orks to the towering Titans, you can always find a new way to play UA. We invite all of you to join us on our Discord server to keep up with the development of the mod!

Forum Thread
Poll: How would you rate this changelog? (85 votes)
Version 1.73.4 Changelog (Games : Dawn of War : Mods : Ultimate Apocalypse Mod (DOW SS) : Forum : Changelogs : Version 1.73.4 Changelog) Locked
Thread Options
Apr 5 2014 Anchor

Hint:
!!- = Must be done! (Most wanted)
* = Fixes.
- = Ideas not taken to effect yet.

------------------------
% Done:
35/35
100%

------------------------

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
------------------------
Global:
------------------------
* EMP superweapon duration decreased by 45 seconds.
* All factions new units (most of them) are now updated within the army painter.

------------------------
Chaos Marines:
------------------------
* All Seeing Eye ability now extends the keen sight range of the Sorceror outwards towards the whole map.

------------------------
Dark Eldar:
------------------------
* Wracks black texture was restored to a normal haemonculus texture (thanks to Fuggles again!).

------------------------
Eldar:
------------------------
* Infiltration system AI scar error was fixed.

------------------------
Imperial Guard:
------------------------
* Aerial Doctrine duplicate abilities no longer shows up within the Comms. Array.
* All Leman Russ side flamers and inferno cannon maximum ranges were extended.

------------------------
Necrons:
------------------------
* Restored Monoliths now contain the Rise of the Machines (Tier IV) research.
* Deceiver Illusion Blast hand weapons no longer increases ranged attack damage.
* Pariahs speed decrease modifiers upon touch of their weapons wear off after 10 seconds of impact.
* Pariahs have an 80% chance to leach health from an enemy instead of a 100% chance. Modifier decreased from 1.2 health per second to 0.9.
* Overseer speed decrease upon hit modifier was removed. Poison recurring damage lasts for 10 seconds.

------------------------
Orks:
------------------------
* Fighta Bomba strike ability now requires 90 population. Recharge timer increased by 25 seconds. Global timer applied.
* Fighta Bomba long ranged main weapon ranged damage decreased.
* Ork Warboss health decreased. Melee damage decreased slightly versus commanders, heavily armed vehicles, daemons, living metal, and titans.
* 'Ard Boy Nob leader ucs description was fixed.
* Super Chargy ability and pink icon for Ork Stompa is fixed.

NOTED FIX: Kill Bursta and Krusha were untested properly during 1.73 release due to size issues fixed at the last minute. Our apologies.

* Kill Bursta and Kill Krusha visual size increased.
* Kill Bursta overall damage, especially versus structures increased.
* Kill Krusha now deals actual damage to structures and infantry. Can no longer attack aircraft.
* Kill Bursta right side gun is now a shoota weapon instead of a flamer (via coding). Flamer maximum range increased.

------------------------
Sisters:
------------------------

------------------------
Space Marines:
------------------------
* Apothecary pink icon was fixed.

------------------------
Tau:
------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------|
XP2: |
------------------------
Tyranids:
------------------------
* Tyranids global powers recharge timers increased.
* Tyranids global powers now cost more power to use.
* Tyranids spore strike global power knockback removed, damage slightly decreased.
* Tyranids Fog of Disaster sight radius reduction now decreases sight by 50% instead of 70%
* Tyranids requisition income researches modifiers increased because of the under powered race, lackness in strength.
* Carnifexes, Hellfexes, and Screamer Killer health increased.
* Hive Tyrant basic health increased by 100 hp, armor increased by 1.
* Spore Cluster suicide damage weapon doubled! Effectiveness against vehicles and structures increased.
* Fatal AI Error with the Hierophant was fixed.

------------------------
Inquisition:
------------------------
- Nothing applied yet as this entire race will be developed and revamped in version 1.74. Stay tuned.
------------------------
Daemons:
------------------------
- Nothing applied yet as this entire race will be developed and revamped in version 1.74. Stay tuned.
XP3 Campaign: |
- Nothing applied yet as this will be revamped in version 1.75. Stay tuned.
Survival: |
Arena: |
SCAR: |
* Hardcore wincondition scar error was fixed.
* Assassination scar error was fixed.
* Titan Wars wincondition no longer launches relic resource into the hundreds, instead, limit is 50. Ork Titans pop cost decreased by half instead of 80%.
SCENARIOS: |
* Test map from the Tyranids mod was removed from scenario list.

SOUND: |

Apr 6 2014 Anchor

I dunno yet it looks good so far..Mostly at least. But the true test will be when I play it. Which i have not yet.

Apr 14 2014 Anchor

Why did somebody rate this changelog as terrible? oO

Apr 14 2014 Anchor

Probably for the same reason as people do this:
Moddb.com
Who knows?

--

Apparently people don't like me :(
Is it because i was tainted by Chaos? Cause I already born that way...

Apr 14 2014 Anchor

Well it can't be... more like standard UA players. Otherwise every single changelog (or at least the latest) will be marked as terrible. In this case, 1.73 changelog be looking really good... I wonder if somebody out there did not like some changes. xD

But what changes? :P

Apr 17 2014 Anchor

You really seem to consider nerfing the Orks and Necrons of utmost importance.

I have to question nerfing the Warboss even more after knee-capping him in 1.74 given that the Chaos Lord usually outdamages the Warboss by a lot and actually beats him handily when maxed out while also gutting the enemy's morale, or the farseer and necron lord with their massive number of special abilities powers can change the battlefield with ease, or the Tau Commander with his stupidly huge ranged DPS who were all much more problematic get away without so much as a slap on the wrist. And after all these nerfs I'm not sure if I'd ever bother with him at all rather than just put the resources into Manz. In addition; with the rather unneeded Buffs to Titans, chewing through them with Orks whose Stompaz already have a hard time of dealing with them isn't terribly much fun.

As for the Crons, I think you've put enough hurt on Pariahs, and with Titans gunning down Necron superheavies a bit too easily and making an already production bottlenecked faction even more vulnerable to early game rushes by upping their building production times I think this is about as many Nerfs as you need. I think as far as the Crons are concerned; now would be the time to focus effort into bringing them more 5th edition codex units.

The nid changes are welcome though.

Apr 17 2014 Anchor

Whoah, whoah, whoah about the Ork Warboss and Necron Pariahs. In 1.73, non patch, the Warboss would basically trample anything including commanders and anything you threw at him with ease.

As for the Pariahs, players found it infuriating that unit's movement speed gets reduced so long as Pariahs are still alive and it was indeed a tad ridiculous. But Pariahs in general was not nerfed overall, but changed, sort of... Pariahs and Warboss are still good.

I will consider your other opinions and probably slightly improve the damage once again on the Warboss and slightly improve damage of Pariahs.

Apr 17 2014 Anchor

Really?

My Chaos Lords usually just ran right through the Warboss due to his knockback immunity and the Warboss not having it, as well as the Chaos Lord's ridiculous DPS against infantry models.

I could comfortably have the Chaos Lord solo whole waves in survival when upgraded without worrying for his safety.

Couldn't say the same for the Warboss, though he does have superior damage vs vehicles and buildings.

Also, the Daemon Prince upgrade remains a side-grade at best and a downgrade at worst since the DP doesn't do the kind of damage the Chaos Lord can and isn't that much more survivable even though he's a way bigger fire magnet.

I think the DP could do with his own wargear since the model on the tabletop's main draw is that it's super-customizable.

Overall though, great mod! Had a lot of fun and it makes for cool screenshots.

Edited by: The_Red_Star_Rising

May 15 2014 Anchor

Is their any way to use cheats in skirmish?

May 31 2014 Anchor

Yes you can go to the skirmish wincondition menu, and over to the right, there is an option to turn on cheats. :)

@The_Red_Star_Risi: Changes were applied to 1.74. :)

Jun 4 2014 Anchor

Does this mod work for Dark Crusade?

Jun 4 2014 Anchor

@ Morthevin: Ultimate Apocalypse was built as a mod for Soulstorm, thus it won't correctly load on Dark Crusade. "Adapting" a Soulstorm mod to Dark Crusade is possible, but not really worth the effort (might as well start it over from scratch), particularly with large mods like this one.

--

How to improve performance on DoW: Soulstorm
if TV and Beer == nil then
rgd.GameData.crazy = true
rgd:save() end

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.