The Great War is a modification for Company of Heroes meant to bring the war two decades earlier. This mod focuses on the later years of the First World War. Currently the two teams will be the British Expeditionary Force against the German Empire, however with time the team will try and bring some more nations in, such as France and Austria-Hungary. This mod will focus or realism but keep the game balanced enough to make it enjoyable. Things to look for in the mod are the famous artillery strikes and the infamous gas attacks. Trenches will provide vital cover for infantry while tanks will roll over the battlefield and instil fear into the enemy troops.
This file contains the full version of The Great War 1918 v1.0 in a self-extracting archive. It will extract all the files needed to play the modification on your computer. (click READ MORE for the installation details and the torrent links)
This file contains the full version of The Great War 1918 v1.0 in a self-extracting archive.
It will extract all the files needed to play the modification on your computer.
This modification requires any version of Company of Heroes (including Opposing Fronts and Tales of Valor) to be installed on your computer. You will also have to patch it to the latest online version (done automatically when starting Company of Heroes).
To INSTALL The Great War 1918 v1.0 follow these steps:
2) once the download is completed, double-click on tgw1918_v1_0.exe to start the extraction
2a) you will be asked for a destination folder; this must be your COMPANY OF HEROES directory!
For those who have Company of Heroes installed on Steam, your directory will look like this:
"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\company of heroes"
2b) once you have entered your Company of Heroes directory under "destination folder", click "extract"
3) once the extraction is finished, you can start playing by double clicking on The Great War 1918 shortcut found on your desktop. Enjoy the mud and rats!
++ Credits ++
- Rataconfusca: Models, animations, sounds
- don_Durandal: Textures, UI, coding, speech, exporting
- Cireva: Models, textures
- Balancers: Killar & Donthateme
- Playtesters: Glimz, Riggs, Dzierzan & MaxiKing6
- German: Clone1710 & Maxiking6
- Spanish: Dano
- Polish: Dzierzan
- Shwepps: Russian
- French: don_Durandal
- MonolithicBacon: Fromelles
- TheSphynx: Villers-Bretonneux
- DarkBladeCR for helping with animations and model exporting
- Jannev for the trench walls spawning code
- Aidas2 for the models of the Rolls-Royce AC and Whippet tank
- Chopin for the textures of the Ehrhardt E-V/4 and Rolls-Royce AC
- Baida for the Lewis Gun
- Blackcat13 for the textures of the Mills Bomb and P14 rifle
- Wartyx for the preview updates
..and of course the inside1918 team (of Battlefield 1918 fame) for unconditionally letting us use their models
- CheatMod by BuckyBoy (activated by adding -dev after -mod tgw in the desktop shortcut's properties)
- Custom FX by Xalibur