Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
Poll: Where do you stand in all of this? (2,587 votes)
Will there ever be a MISERY 3.0? (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : General subjects : Will there ever be a MISERY 3.0?) Post Reply
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
N.Aaroe
N.Aaroe MDT Lead
Jul 25 2013 Anchor

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
Today the MISERY Development Team (MDT) has sent
a formal letter to GSC Game World to propose a prosperous
alliance for the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. brand and game series.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Quote:
"We all love the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game series.
We all love sharing our work and cooperating with our dedicated community.
In fact, we love it so much that we are eager to forego our professional obligations
and concentrate our efforts on creating as much quality content as possible.
"

MDT share a heartfelt passion to let the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game series thrive
in full and constant development activity. There is a huge potential to let
the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. brand and trademark retain its glory and level of
popularity.

MDT is a handful of very skilled, serious, devoted and passionate S.T.A.L.K.E.R. modders.
They share a heartfelt passion to let the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game series thrive and be one the lips
of many a gamer for a long time to come. This is all with the purpose that the S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
brand and trademark retains its glory and level of popularity.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The MISERY mod has it own symbol of concept that does receive
quite a lot of attention worldwide. But as stated in following
quote the current setup is not of permanent stature.

Quote:
"Nevertheless, without any kind of support, MDT would have to
cease its production activities from this point on due to lack
of funding necessary to pursue our goals and make our dreams come true.
"

MDT is aware of GSC's stance on modding, and respect it.
That's is the reason for a sole request of a license for receiving voluntary donations.
With such a license, MDT would be able to produce content on a regular basis and
continue to develop and release free patches, updates and expansions.
With a grant of donation license by GSC, MDT would be able to boost the development
and production process for mutual gain.

What is important here, is the factor that MISERY modding publications, be
it patches, updates and/or expansions, will remain free at all times.

If you support this suggestion and official proposal of legit and voluntary
donation license, please indicate this by placing your vote in the poll
here in this thread. This could help us in the process of establishing an
ongoing development setup.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

ON BEHALF OF THE MISERY DEVELOPMENT TEAM (MDT).
Nicolai Aarøe

MISERY MOD LEAD
DENMARK

--

Jul 25 2013 Anchor

Heres hoping you guys get the licence! If so youd have my $20 :D

Edited by: N.Aaroe

Jul 25 2013 Anchor

Good luck MDT.

Jul 25 2013 Anchor

I would give you money any day. I hope you can get the license. Good luck with the continued development now and (hopefully) in the future.

Jul 25 2013 Anchor

I'd be down to donate to you guys! Good luck in getting a license. Let it be stated now that I pledge to donate $50 once you guys receive a license, and continue to support you (both through downloading and donating) in the future!

Best wishes MDT!

Edited by: .Krinkov.

Jul 25 2013 Anchor

*reaches hand into wallet* ....... With the right funding just imagine how far this could go. The more 'WE' get behind these guys, the more they can get done, for us, their faithfull followers. I would love to see a "MISERY 3.0" at some point. Although I think it would be even better to see a stand alone game come from this. That may be a ways off yet, so lets all start building that ladder so these boys can reach as high as possible.

ShotgunSurgeon
ShotgunSurgeon Firearms Fiend
Jul 25 2013 Anchor

Damn, broke my screen throwing my wallet at it... Good luck & Fµck those who discourage you guys.

Edited by: ShotgunSurgeon

Jul 26 2013 Anchor

sergej will never give you this license.. sadly *:(
but maybe I'm wrong, lets hope for that !!!

Edited by (in order): Snoozle, N.Aaroe

Jul 26 2013 Anchor

The result of yet, there is a promise. Strange poll.

Jul 26 2013 Anchor

Aren't they working with the LostAlpha team?

Jul 26 2013 Anchor

I'd donate to these guys, fuck ya, they're content,skill and aim is top notch and a world away from where it was year ago. I'm glad there was not a 2012 release.

Jul 26 2013 Anchor

Shut up and take my money! :D

DdV
DdV
Jul 27 2013 Anchor

take my wallet :)

Lоnerboner
Lоnerboner Forum Badmin
Jul 27 2013 Anchor

Can I donate to our own group? :D

s1alker wrote: Aren't they working with the LostAlpha team?

If you're talking about GSC and Dez0wave then yes, but not MDT and Dez.

Edited by: Lоnerboner

--

#MDT CR / PR LEAD - FORUM RULES - PM ME - NEED HELP? - FAQ
You think your mod has it? Visit TZP for promotion and / or an invite to the team!
Jul 27 2013 Anchor

Like you guys have said before, this is a mod.
You do this out of enjoyment, I honestly wouldn't get money involved.

If you're trying to "revive" the Stalker series in some way, this is not the way to go.
People have tons of opinions towards this mod, and in a ton of ways it's nothing like original Stalker.

You're treading on extremely thin ice here.

Jul 28 2013 Anchor

You guys are doing a hell of a job. Keep up the great work. I just wish i could help with development. But you have my support. Wish they would come out with a new game.

Jul 29 2013 Anchor

I'd donate in a instant.

Jul 29 2013 Anchor

I am not sure if I will be able to donate or not. My money situation is a little bad in real life. Besides one $ Costs 7 EGP. So yeah, sorry.

Edited by: mrmohamed2001

--

Thanks & Best Regards,

-Мохамед

Jul 29 2013 Anchor

In parts I'm with IrishRampage. Better a great mod but a failed indie, maybe you can answer me how much risk you take with that move. But maybe with some money and GSC involved you can make more and "better" progress (without the restrictions of modding; but I don't know if there are many of that.

Jul 30 2013 Anchor

Well, now I registered to ModDB in order to be able to write here.

Due to my opinion, yes, I completely agree with IrishRampage. A point in my mind is: service needs to be recompensed. And this project is/was a tremendous priece of workload, something nobody can imagine if that someone hasn't done anything similar. But I needed to remember myself to the point, that this is a Mod, modification for an already existing game. Created by passionate fans of the game. And this is where my doubt kicks in, that word: passionate. I understand you made the whole project here up just because of your passion to the franchise and 'how it should be' (This is a whole different discussion, everyone looks different at the same thing), but if you now need donations ... well, then, yes, I have to say: you should cease your acitvities after release, because 1) in my opinion it means that you 'want' recompense or you need it in order to keep the 'spirit and passion' up, what means they are somewhat gone in the view of the workload and 2) it will change the whole thing, once money touches the project everything will be different and I doubt it will be for the good of the project and/or maybe for you/the team.

I really honestly want to thank you, the whole team, for this masterpiece of art you will present us and already did with V1.

These are my two Cents on this topic and this is my very own opinion on this matter, I may be completely wrong ... or maybe I am not, we'll see.
*If you find spelling/gramatical errors ... keep them and learn from them :)*

Edited by (in order): RedXGlobe, N.Aaroe, RedXGlobe, N.Aaroe

Jul 30 2013 Anchor

RedXGlobe wrote: In my opinion it means that you 'want' recompense or you need it in order to keep the 'spirit and passion' up

I have to disagree. I would think that they do have passion and spirit but having to work and mod could put stress on them. Giving them money seems to me like it could relieve that. (I will admit that I am not a master of finances or a psycologist)
Also:

N.Aaroe wrote: Modders will be willing to provide cool content for a profit

Anyway, whether or not they have "spirit" or not I would be willing to donate. They worked for multiple (not sure of the exact amount) years for free, giving us Misery so we can be...well miserable. They are not doing a microtransactions system where we can buy Stanag ammo for actual money. They are simply allowing you to give them money, it's the same in the skyrim modding community. Anyway, I hope it works out best for them.

Lol, I saw that your post was edited my N.Aaroe...Censorship! :P

Edited by: qwerty2316

Jul 31 2013 Anchor

I chose the second option, and the reason is: I've never played Misery 1.0 (due to not knowing about it), so all I have to judge the quality of MDT's work is their promises (which are looking very good, but hey, cynism!).
So if I like Misery 2.0 (only a few hours to find out), yes, I'd certainly donate, and this is coming from a guy who almost exclusively pirates his games.

N.Aaroe
N.Aaroe MDT Lead
Jul 31 2013 Anchor

qwerty2316 wrote: Lol, I saw that your post was edited my N.Aaroe...Censorship! :P

I am editing all white texts to be displayed in blue due to this faulty forum css

--

Jul 31 2013 Anchor

Well, it's almost a week since you sent a letter. Any response?

RedXGlobe-

I don't understand. The mod will still be for free. You don't have to donate if you don't want to.

But to have the option to do so would be advantegous both for the community and for the misery team.

MDT have a very professional approach and if they can be compensated for the time they put into this mod, I see no harm in it.

I would agree with you and IrishRampage if the payment was obligatory.

But it won't be.

Jul 31 2013 Anchor

if u get a license i donate 110%

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.