Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
Wacky Weather Bug 2.1.1 (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : General subjects : Wacky Weather Bug 2.1.1) Locked
Thread Options
Jul 13 2014 Anchor

Anybody ever get a split second sudden change with weather sometimes? I remember this happening here and there in 2.1 and it still is happening in 2.1.1 .
I was playing the other day and it was a bright and Sunny day (for once) in Jupiter. I was near the Jupiter complex picking off some Zombies enjoying the clear relaxed atmosphere when suddenly in the blink of a eye the weather turned to a thunderstorm with raging winds and wetness everywhere.. Shortly after I reloaded a save alittle before it became thunderstorm, and then it started to rain moderately IN COMPLETELY SUNNY WEATHER. Ive seen that happen in real life ONCE but the cloud formations were not right to produce that much weather. Same sudden changes have happened with heavy fog before too, Anyone else experience this? I should add I am playing on a freeplay updated 2.1.1 from 2.1 savegame.

Is this a fixable bug? I can tell the difference between vanilla COP when reloading saves would just randomly change the weather versus Misery has a much better memory of weather reloading saves but sometimes Misery seems like it forgets to initiate a progression of clouds to light rain to heavy rain and so on.

Jul 13 2014 Anchor

I believe this is limited to AtmosFear integration and has been covered widely. As far as I can remember, without some serious work, and basically rewriting xrays weathering engineering, you're just going to have to live with it. I also think it's exacerbated by low memory and your rig struggling although it's not exclusive. I've never had the weather change dramatically except when dying on a sunny day and quickloading to a monsoon.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.