Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
Sparing Enemies = 100% condition gun? (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : General subjects : Sparing Enemies = 100% condition gun?) Locked
Thread Options
May 29 2014 Anchor

I was wondering if this was a glitch or is this intentional?
I saved a game with a wounded enemy, and kept reloading until the game made him surrender instead of lying down wounded. I gave him a medpack in exchange for a weapon, and he gave me a 100% brand spanking new desert eagle. (If I had killed him, I'd only get a 20% condition DE).

Is this normal? I hear enemies give you stashes as well. Are the stashes worthwhile?

May 29 2014 Anchor

That's normal, stashes are not worth a new gun

May 29 2014 Anchor

why I don't get to see wounded ones? The only wounded ones are monolith and they usually go out in a boom.

Nyayr
Nyayr Reconnaissance Beta
May 29 2014 Anchor

You got to shot them in the leg and arm, often however they stagger a few seconds before going wounded. It is easy to kill them at this stage cause you think they are not down but in reality they are. Sometimes you see an enemy hurt he shoulder his weapon and fall on the floor. Headshots are always a kill and body shots kill often too unless they wear heavier armour, coats usually wastes them. Also calibre matters as some have such high velocity that they rarely survive, low class pistol ammo has more slack, since a few extra bullets often doesn't kill the wounded heavier armoured stalker.

So you got to find a good spot preferably with cover and hit the leg and arm and then pauze a moment and see if he keeps his fires back, as often even he might try to aim but then stop and drop on the floor, so it's risky. Even so about 2/3 of the time they might say 'fuck you' or even get up and start loading a pistol. However if they get up you could hit the arm/leg again. exo suits stalkers arms and legs might ignore small arms.

Auto fire is a poor pick to get wounded stalkers cause you likely kill him at the 1 or 2 round and pump 3-4 others in him. A shotgun with shot works somewhat, cause it can hit arm and leg, a pistol works better. A sniper rifle might work if it isn't to heavy, maybe a III pierce gw-43? I'm no sniper expert.

Edited by: Nyayr

--

Avoid using autosaves, use hard saves only.

Logs are located in "C:\Users\Public\Documents\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat\logs\xray_....log"

May 29 2014 Anchor

Nyayr wrote: Auto fire is a poor pick to get wounded stalkers cause you likely kill him at the 1 or 2 round and pump 3-4 others in him. A shotgun with shot works somewhat, cause it can hit arm and leg, a pistol works better. A sniper rifle might work if it isn't to heavy, maybe a III pierce gw-43? I'm no sniper expert.

What gun are you using? I'm using the AK-74, AKS, AN-94 and a few NATO weapons... For those guns, autofire fires slowly enough that I'm able to pull off semi-auto just by clicking/tapping the mouse button.

PPSH on the other hand, sprays bullets but uses weaker pistol rounds. I want to use the PPSH so badly but I can never find one in decent enough condition to warrant a repair. And would it use a rifle repair kit or a pistol repair kit?

Nyayr
May 30 2014 Anchor

A PPSH is often sold by owl and beard and they cost about the same as the kit would to repair them.

Trying to get stalkers wounded is just timing mostly and a little risk so, bandits are the easiest targets as mercs shred you quicker and over longer distance.

--

Logs are located in "C:\Users\Public\Documents\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat\logs\xray_....log"

radasil
radasil Loner
Jun 2 2014 Anchor

It's also best to wait a bit before taking down the last enemy. Why? Because that way he will loot the dropped weapons from his downed comrades, then when you do wound him and he drops his own weapon beside him, he'll still be able to give you a 100% rifle instead of just some almost-worthless Makarov.

Jun 3 2014 Anchor

Yeah if an enemy (or any poor guy you shoot at arm or legs) is surrender he'll give you 100% condition weapon. It's my way to get some RARE weapons from stalkers in misery 2.1 instead buying from traders.

Save before you shooting him, and if he unfortunately just die, load your previous chapter, shoot him again at leg. do it until you get him wounded and press "USE" to interrogate him, give some medkits and take his gun (press 3). BTW, you would not loose any medkits, bandages, stimpacks so maybe this is just a game bug.

You can interrogate him more for his stash, press USE and choose 1 or 2. if you lucky the poor guy will telling you. but if not, save your game, reload. :de: shoot him again at legs before he running. get him wounded once more and interrogate for stash!

In the end, I'll kill him to loot his corpse. hey... this is misery anyway. :beer: XD

Jun 3 2014 Anchor

Werid. I have tried the leg shooting and arm shooting. I managed to wound couple of heavily armored bandits and mercs. I didn't get any options to talk to them when they lying on the ground still breathing. The F key doesn't work, no interaction options whatsoever. I always have to put one extra round into them then loot all the dead.

Nyayr
Jun 4 2014 Anchor

They don't always get up and just stay down, if you wait long enough (1-2min) they just get up and start a pistol fight. Usually if they don't rise in 10 sec they never will. They have to get on their knees or try to do, you can see them get up and then drop on the side again. Before you can interrogate them and even then only about half of the time they surrender their info. The zone is hard so often they know they will be killed anyway regardless if they speak or not.

Especially later on it becomes more difficult ause you use a lot more shots and higher calibres.

--

Jun 4 2014 Anchor

Oh boy so I have to wound them twice in a roll without killing them. Damn that's harder than Headshot.

Jun 4 2014 Anchor

It's chiefly luck that determines whether an NPC dies or gets incapacitated. It's also not worth deliberately trying to do it in my experience, mainly on account of the fact that the only ones who'll talk to you at all seem to be the squad leaders.

Jun 5 2014 Anchor

get as close as possible for single enemy or the last enemy, that make him the squad leader. always save before you shoot him. if you failed to interrogate, then reload the chapter.

so simple, it become my new hobby in misery 2.1 to collecting a 100% gun.

radasil
radasil Loner
Jun 5 2014 Anchor

I've noticed that, when they surrender and you choose option 3 to have them give you their weapon, you can wait a second for them to try to get up, then point your weapon at them to make them go down again and give up information (option 2). They probably go down because they no longer have a weapon to shoot you with.

Nyayr
Jun 5 2014 Anchor

radasil wrote: I've noticed that, when they surrender and you choose option 3 to have them give you their weapon, you can wait a second for them to try to get up, then point your weapon at them to make them go down again and give up information (option 2). They probably go down because they no longer have a weapon to shoot you with.

I'll have to try that, thanks for the tip. :)

--

Jun 12 2014 Anchor

I think I am cursed by the zone.

While all of you have the pleasure to squeeze the profits out of wounded enemies. I don't get to catch wounded one at all. I tried hard to keep them alive, but they either pop too quick or refuse to talk to me when crawl into a ball. Few times the wounded ones got shot by their own friendly fire since I am kneeling next to him trying to talk. I couldn't figure out which one is the leader since their dress code is random. I couldn't wound the leader and keep him alive long enough to do anything.
By the way don't try to wound monoliths and hope for loots, the only thing they will give me is a BOOM, then reload the previous save. Few times I couldn't tell because they are in exo suit looks very much like merc in the night, aim down for the legs and brought them down. As soon as I approached them they will go BOOM. Bunch of assholes.

Jun 12 2014 Anchor

Got blown a few times also :), they are hardcore fanatics :P. Now i always double check if they are dead, 1 extra shot when they are already down. Monolith suits are a bit light grayish then mercs.

Edited by: BockoPocko

Jun 12 2014 Anchor

BockoPocko wrote: Got blown a few times also :), they are hardcore fanatics :P. Now i always double check if they are dead, 1 extra shot when they are already down. Monolith suits are a bit light grayish then mercs.

Yeah hard to tell when night vision is on. Plus bunch of mercs hang around in Pripyat too. I just looted couple of Mercs thought the next gun in the hall way is their merc buddy. Turns out to be a Jihadist.

radasil
radasil Loner
Jun 12 2014 Anchor

Interesting tidbit: I just did the "Investigate radio transmissions" quest in Jupiter, at that amphitheatre where the missing duty squad materializes out of the air. As usual, after they fall into the amphitheatre, I go down and pick up their weapons. All of the weapons were between 30% and 40% repair. I kept reloading to just before they materialized because I wanted to see if I could get a FN FAL off of one of them.
After reloading several times, I got a number of 100% condition weapons. The fully repaired weapons were the ones that fell beside the bodies, not the ones on them.

Anyone else notice this bonus?

Jun 12 2014 Anchor

Yes I got 4 of the fully repair weapons out of them. Nothing serious, couple AK74U and Ak74 plus AKM.

Nyayr
Jun 12 2014 Anchor

radasil wrote: Interesting tidbit: I just did the "Investigate radio transmissions" quest in Jupiter, at that amphitheatre where the missing duty squad materializes out of the air. As usual, after they fall into the amphitheatre, I go down and pick up their weapons. All of the weapons were between 30% and 40% repair. I kept reloading to just before they materialized because I wanted to see if I could get a FN FAL off of one of them.
After reloading several times, I got a number of 100% condition weapons. The fully repaired weapons were the ones that fell beside the bodies, not the ones on them.

Anyone else notice this bonus?

For me that is actually standard, always got like half a dozen 100% guns from there. Had it in 2.0, beta and 2.1. Usually they are AKSU, AK-74, Abakan and usually standard versions.

--

radasil
radasil Loner
Jun 12 2014 Anchor

It's interesting that it doesn't always happen. The first few times I didn't get any 100%. That last time I got 6 of them!

Jun 12 2014 Anchor

Guns are always at 100% condition on creation, the script for their condition being reduced is normally triggered by the wielder when they die or drop the weapon. The guns that spawn with the duty squad from the space anomaly are created independently of the NPCs themselves.

Edited by: Noworky

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.