Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
requesting spawn menu for 2.1.1 (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : General subjects : requesting spawn menu for 2.1.1) Locked
Thread Options
Aug 10 2014 Anchor

hi all,i wonder if anyone can make spawn menu for 2.1.1,ty ^^

Aug 12 2014 Anchor

That would be neat since the old spawn mods don't have them new items

Aug 23 2014 Anchor

I would love a stand-alone spawn menu.

Aug 24 2014 Anchor

We definitely need a 2.1.1 spawn mod

Aug 24 2014 Anchor

I know there is a built in Spawn menu in Misery used by the developers, but it's hard for some people to use.
A simplified Stand-alone spawn mod would go a long way in my opinion for casual players, or those like me who want to test weapon and armor upgrades/performance in a variety of situations without having to go through literally 75%(or longer) of the game just to find out the weapon/armor you were saving up for wasn't to your liking :( .

Sep 23 2014 Anchor

(dear players devs and moderators this is a rant. it was made in a combination of frustration and anger and all derogatory or mean statements therein are not meant in any way shape or form. i'll probably feel guilty later and edit them out anyway.)

Same spawn menu system in 2.0 and 2.1 is s\present in 2.1.1.

sadly mod developers apparently hate their players and made sure that only programmers and devs themselves could actually make heads or tails of it.

also, nobody who actually has figured out HOW to use the system has posted NO videos, tutorials or even a basic "how to" guide on how to use it.

look devs, we just want a basic instruction. tell us how the system works using something stupid or useless (such as a random item of low value) tell us how to get it to spawn and we can figure the rest out for ourselves and pass it on.

we dont want the entire system we just want SOMETHING to work off of. the sooner you give us a basic idea, the sooner we stop bitching about it :)

--

I REALLY suck. So i cheat.
Bite me.

Sep 23 2014 Anchor

It's quite straight forward. To turn on the spawner, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\bitComposer Games\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat\gamedata\configs\debug and open the file xrs_debug_tools. (sometimes windows won't let you save it as an LTX so you might have to save it to desktop, edit, then move it back)

Change the first line:
[plugin]enable = falsedeveloper_debug = falseSo it reads
[plugin]enable = truedeveloper_debug = false
Start Misery and load your game. There will be shit on your screen. Like what the Terminator sees.

Press Esc to the menu and then press 'S'. A dodgy developer type menu appears needing mental code shit.

Now, let's say Noah went and died and you need a compass. Time to spawn him.

What you need is the games identification for him and this can be found in C:\Program Files (x86)\bitComposer Games\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat\gamedata\configs\misc in the file squad_descr_zaton

In here is all the folk who knock about Zaton. It might take some trial and error to find who you need. Noah happens to be in the aptly named [zat_b18_noah_squad]:online_offline_group section. The rest of the information here tells you where he should be ie zat_b18 which is a reference for the barge and his relationship to the player etc.

Now, what you need to do is tell the spawner what to spawn and where to spawn it. You want to spawn Noah so copy the information zat_b18_noah_squad which identifies the (what) and paste it into the Spawn Squad box. Now copy the zat_b18 which identifies the (where) and paste that into the Smart Name box. Hit create. You just giveth, feel free to taketh away :)

Sep 23 2014 Anchor

htkblazer wrote:
Change the first line:
[plugin]enable = falsedeveloper_debug = falseSo it reads
[plugin]enable = truedeveloper_debug = false
Start Misery and load your game. There will be shit on your screen. Like what the Terminator sees.

I've done exactly this, still doesn't enable the spawner

Sep 24 2014 Anchor

Eh?

Okay, don't copy paste what I wrote, I've edited it from the LTX file. It should work, I had to do it step by step tonight because I'd forgotten how to do it. Spawned noah and everything! Couple of things,

Can I patronize you a little and ask that you double check the spelling etc? sorry

Make sure the file is saving as LTX. When I open the file in it's original location, edit and try to save, it tries to save it as a .txt which won't work.

To check that it's working, you need to do all this before loading misery. Then, load it up and load up a save game. There will be loads of numbers and references on the screen overlaid on the Majors vision. NOT at the menus. When you press esc to go to menu, pressing S should open the developers console, or magic goody spawner for us.

Talk me through where it's going wrong and I'll try respond a little more promptly in future.

Sep 24 2014 Anchor

[plugin]enable = truedeveloper_debug = false is what I've got, it is also an ltx.

Edited by: Daekang

Sep 24 2014 Anchor

Are you able to upload it anywhere?

Sep 24 2014 Anchor
Sep 25 2014 Anchor

hey guys

i figured out how to use it (basically at least)

im working on a tutorial for it now. give me time i'll have it out later.

--

I REALLY suck. So i cheat.
Bite me.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.