Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
Misery 2.2 and outdated weapon models & animations (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : General subjects : Misery 2.2 and outdated weapon models & animations) Locked
Thread Options
Sep 20 2016 Anchor

Hi, does anyone know / can anyone confirm if Misery 2.2 will have replaced all of the old/broken weapon models & animations?

Misery 2.1.1 still has some old and terrible models, skins and animations and it limits the number of guns I can use for immersion purposes.

Sep 20 2016 Anchor

I believe it won't replace all of the animations, but the ones that are especially bad (PPSh, for example) will be fixed with someone's community contribution. It'd be nice if someone posted the link of it, because I think I sadly have lost it in space and time.

Sep 20 2016 Anchor

I hope the official MDT or community do fix / replace them. The AKM in 2.1.1, for example, has a broken reload animation where the mag doesn't come out. And a lot of the weapons, such as the shotgun Trapper gives you, are still vanilla and have the ejector on the wrong side. I'm no modder and really appreciate MDT's work but can they not work with the AO or OWR modders and use their weapons etc.?

ThatZenoGuy
ThatZenoGuy Resident Orange Goddess Anthro
Sep 20 2016 Anchor

I kind of like a few of the quirks, its entertaining for me.

But overall, I guess out with the old, in with the new.

--

Still hanging around, even making Misery Patches!

Sep 20 2016 Anchor

If you check the update page, you can see they replaced the animations of a lot of weaponry, and I believe gave them new models.

kcs123
kcs123 Just Kcs123
Sep 21 2016 Anchor
Vivik wrote:

If you check the update page, you can see they replaced the animations of a lot of weaponry, and I believe gave them new models.

Yep. Only few weapons still have vanilla game animations, but only due to bugs found with alternative animations/models.
Besides that, there is also files for different FOV presets, so zoom factor of 4x should feel same on all chosen FOV. Not exactly, but close enough for game purpose.

Combined with 3 different classes that Misery provide, it means 16 times more weapon config files, compared to some other similar mod.

--

Sep 21 2016 Anchor

Ah neat, that's good know. Thanks for the replies, Stalkers :)

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.