Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
Misery 2.1.1 weird and prolonged stuttering with high fps (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : General subjects : Misery 2.1.1 weird and prolonged stuttering with high fps) Locked
Thread Options
Jul 16 2014 Anchor

Hi everybody, I'm new here in modDB, just signed up to report an issue that is killing my misery mod game since...well, since misery 2.0, my first installation of Misery Mod. Ever since I installed misery on my CoP game I experience little stuttering moments while moving or running, not that bad at all since I have 45-60 stable FPS in almost every area of the game, but they do become pretty annoying during big battles like the one in Pripyat area with the Monoliths. I tried to fix this with EVERY, and I mean EVERY thing possible: run as administrator, compatibility with xp, lowered the settings, changed a lot of times alife switch distance (I got 150 now, but still experience that stuttering), installed optimization mod without any result, tried to shut down every application in background...still without a single change. And it doesn't even matter which graphic preset I use in video settings (from medium to maximum), I always get stable 45-60 fps (which is very good for me) but experience that little stuttering thing that becomes quite large in battles or shootouts. It is acceptable, it doesn't kill my game too much, but I wished I could erase this problem so I could play the game in its entire beauty and without those annoying 1/2 seconds mini-freezing things. I post my PC specs here:

8GB Ram
AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series
Intel Core i5 CPU 750@2,67GHz (quad core)

I am changing graphic card soon to a AMD Sapphire r9 270x 4gb BTW.

I also noticed a thing: when I run STALKER Misery and check at resources usage in Task Manager, under memory section, I see it eats like 2,5GB of RAM. Is this thing normal? Please help me solving this very annoying problem I have since last year! Thank you in advance!

Jul 19 2014 Anchor

Do you have an SSD? If so, install the game onto that (separate directory from "My Programs"), and make sure your pagefile is set to be on your SSD (as well as making it a fixed size; under the "set pagefile" options, choose "C" or whatever drive your SSD is, select "custom size", set "min - 4096" and "max - 4096").

If no SSD, then install the game to a hard drive OTHER THAN the one your OS is installed to.

Turn off any anti-aliasing (SMAA/FXAA is fine).

To be honest, there will always be SOME stutter...
I have installs on separate computers on different types of drives... 1st is with game installed to a Samsung 830 256GB SSD and Page File on an Intel X25-E SLC SSD. 2nd is with the game installed to 2x 840Pro 512GB SSD in RAID0 and Page File on 2x 840Pro 256GB RAID0. 3rd is with game installed on 4x WD VelociRaptor 1TB RAID0 and Page File on 4x HGST Ultrastar 15krpm 600GB HDD's in RAID0.

There is very little difference between any of them... Systems have 16, 16/32, and 48GB RAM each (3770K@5.1Ghz/GA-Z77X-UP7/2x680 Lightnings@1488+7644/4x4GB Trident X 2400C9@2800 9-12-11; 3930K@4.95Ghz/Rampage IV Extreme/2x780Ti Classy K|ngp|n Edition's@1500+8600/4-8x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws Z 2133-2400C9@2580 8-11-9; 2x X5690's@4.7Ghz/EVGA SR-2/3x Titan Blacks@1380+7800/12x4GB G.Skill Pi 2400C8@2666 7-9-7)

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.