Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
MISERY 2.1 loading error (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : General subjects : MISERY 2.1 loading error) Locked
Thread Options
Jun 24 2014 Anchor

I turned on the MISERY 2.1. And until title screen appeared, it had been gone smoothly.

And I tried to start the game by clicking 'ENTER THE ZONE'. But, while the loading was going, suddenly the crash happened!!

xrEngine.exe caused BREAKPOINT in module "C:\Program Files\bitComposer Games\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat\bin\xrCore.dll" at 001B:0052E12E, xrDebug::backend()+174 byte(s)

What should I do?

Nyayr
Nyayr Reconnaissance Beta
Jun 24 2014 Anchor

First you need the log that is in your documents map, but anyway a crash that early likely means you have not installed the game properly.

Too start the game needs to be run as administrator, else it doesn't work!

If you done that...

1) install CoP make sure you have patch 1.6.0.2 as well installed.
2) check if vanilla CoP works and check the version numbers in the bottom left of the title screen.
3) Download full version misery it is a rar/zip of about 1.7gb if it is smaller then likely your download was cut early, unzipped it is a 4gb+ file.
4) install full version.
5) run game

Edited by: Nyayr

--

Avoid using autosaves, use hard saves only.

Logs are located in "C:\Users\Public\Documents\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat\logs\xray_....log"

Jun 24 2014 Anchor

Oh, I forgot to say that I also have problems with loading the save files...

When I load the save file, the crash happens...

What's the problem of this?

Nyayr
Jun 25 2014 Anchor

Again you need the log file not the report you get at a CTd that is pretty useless. "C:\Users\Public\Documents\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat\logs\xray_.....log"

Still if you get a crash at startup it is usually a faulty install. I'd just do the stuff I noted above be sure to delete your gamedata folder and also uninstall misery first, before a fresh install.

PS: Saves from 2.0 and beat don't work with 2.1

--

Logs are located in "C:\Users\Public\Documents\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat\logs\xray_....log"

Jun 25 2014 Anchor

Nyayr wrote: Again you need the log file not the report you get at a CTd that is pretty useless. "C:\Users\Public\Documents\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat\logs\xray_.....log"

Still if you get a crash at startup it is usually a faulty install. I'd just do the stuff I noted above be sure to delete your gamedata folder and also uninstall misery first, before a fresh install.

PS: Saves from 2.0 and beat don't work with 2.1

Do you 'errorlog' like this?

FATAL ERROR [error]Expression : fatal error[error]Function : out_of_memory_handler[error]File : D:\prog_repository\sources\trunk\xrCore\xrDebugNew.cpp[error]Line : 336[error]Description : [error]Arguments : Out of memory. Memory request: 74687 K

kcs123
kcs123 Just Kcs123
Jun 25 2014 Anchor

@justranger , it seems that you don't have enough memory to run this game.
How much RAM your PC have and what you have choose for alife switch range on installer ?

--

Jun 26 2014 Anchor

@Kcs123 , I don't think that I don't have enough memory...

What does it means that what I have choose for alife switch range on installer?

In fact, I'm not good at in English yet, so I don't know what you mean... I'm Korean...

Edited by: justranger

Nyayr
Jun 26 2014 Anchor

You need 4gb ram minimal. Running at 4gb ram you best have alife 200. I myself got 8gb ram but play with alife 200 just cause as the game continues I else get well those out of memory issues. The alife.ltx is located in gamedata/config and standard is set at 300. Playing a sniper it is harder at alife 200 cause you can't snipe super long ranger, so you might want 250.

Useful: After a new start or reboot of your computer. Start the game load your save and then do quit the game and start the game/load again. this way a lot of info is loaded into memory of the game and you suffer less drop in frame rate and also avoid those out of memory issues. It helps just to close your game session every 30min-1 hour and load your save, this way you avoid the drop in fps.

Just a translate, from google translator in case it is a bit I can be a really chaotic at times. :P

당신은 4 기가 바이트 최소한의 램이 필요합니다. 4 기가 바이트 램에서 실행하면 가장 나 자신 기가 바이트 램을 얻었다. 인공 생명 (200)을 가지고 있지만 게임이 다른 계속 잘 메모리 부족 문제가 그 얻을 인공 생명 (200)와 재생 단지의 원인이됩니다.alife.ltx 당신이 슈퍼 롱 레인저를 저격 할 수없는 원인이 인공 생명 (200)에 단단 스나이퍼를 재생합니다. 게임 데이터 / 설정 및 표준이 300로 설정에 있습니다, ​​그래서 당신은 250를 할 수 있습니다. 유용한 : 컴퓨터의 새로운 시작 또는 재부팅 후. 게임이 저장로드 시작하고 다음 게임을 종료 않고 다시 게임 /로드를 시작합니다. 이 방법은 많은 정보는 게임의 메모리에 로딩되어 프레임 속도 덜 하락을 경험하고 그 메모리 부족 문제 방지 유용한. 그것은 당신의 저장, 당신은 FPS의 저하를 피할이 방법을 각 30 분 - 1시간 게임 세션을 종료하고로드하는 데 도움이됩니다.

--

radasil
radasil Loner
Jun 26 2014 Anchor

안녕, Nyayr! I didn't know you know Korean! ;)

Edited by: radasil

Jun 26 2014 Anchor

Uh oh... I realized that I don't have enough Ram...

Anyway, thanks for advice!!!

Nyayr
Jun 27 2014 Anchor

Well you need 3gb minimal but windows tend to use some of that, so you better of with 4gb. Try alife 200 or maybe even 150, which is vanilla. Also set all graphics on low, you might be able to pull it off.

radasil wrote: 안녕, Nyayr! I didn't know you know Korean! ;)

I speak any language of the world (courtesy of google) :P

--

Jun 27 2014 Anchor

A good video card will offset some poor performance from minimal RAM. I played vanilla, 1.0, and 2.0 with 8gb ddr3 1333 but with a 2gb ddr2 9800GT+ on AMD X4 and was stuck on almost minimum DX10 dynamic lighting with 2x antialiasing and sun off etc. Still had a less than acceptable fps and couldn't even try fighting during the day. With a better video card I'm running full DX11.1 with excellent fps and only notice a slight drop during sunrise.

Also worth checking out is Browser's tip on processors - Moddb.com

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.