Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
Impressions after finishing Misery 2.0.2 (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : General subjects : Impressions after finishing Misery 2.0.2) Locked
Thread Options 1 2
Aug 23 2013 Anchor

I just completed the game, saved everyone. Extremely happy that this torture is finally over. I was really really sick of playing it, but I had to move on because I never played CoP before and I wanted to complete it. It wasn't hardcore difficulty or creepy sounds that annoyed me. It was constant crashes, freezes, stuttering, bugs etc etc.
I was stuck at kindergarten fridge in Pripyat and couldn't go on because the game crashed when I talked to the guy in the fridge. After 2.0.2 I changed settings to minimal and finally managed to get through it. But at the same time after patching the game to 2.0.2 random crashes started happening every 5-10 minutes. And the last escape to helicopters was hell for me. Game crashed at least 10 times randomly while running, shooting, saving, loading, CTD CTD CTD again. I'm so happy they didn't release the patch before, so I was able to have less crashes during the rest of the game. And devs say - the best option is to start the game anew. NO THANK YOU.
But finally I'm through.
What I think of this mod? I have no idea why it is on the 1st place at Moddb. It could be ok but they made it with tons of bugs, crashes, errors so people have to dig into it and change config files and scripts and find some ways to get around crashes. Is this really worth your ruined neuron cells? Are you, developers, really happy to release this nonsense and promote it so it gets to the 1st place?
I have no idea, but I'm done with this and I'm happy I'm not getting back to Misery ever again.

Edited by: muradnabiev

Aug 23 2013 Anchor

Say thanks to beta-testers.

Aug 23 2013 Anchor

I don't know...
WHY DO EVERYONE HAS CRASHES!!! BECAUSE I DON'T.
Now, i mean Misery is more stable than vanilla. And any other mod i have played. Sure some bugs but almost no CTD's. Just some -null crashes, jusrt like vanilla .
The mod needs some rebalancing but it is ok.
For rebalancing reasons i went back to 2.0.
I am too in the end game and woah...

The crashes are some what random. Everyone has different CTD. Could it be the user or the mod that causes crashes?

Aug 24 2013 Anchor

I too am not having any crashes, works great apart from the constant stutteing in some places, although the patch somewhat dissapointed me the mod itself is a big improvement from the first version

Bek
Bek
Aug 24 2013 Anchor

Clearly you can't have thought it was that bad if you kept playing it through the CTD's.

Aug 24 2013 Anchor

PLEASE DO A NEW GAME EACH NEW PATCH. It's the way its meant to be played.

It's a great mod indeed but i think some adjustements were made by devs regarding to "whiners" or assisted players from others casual fps. So, the mod is not as hard as it should be:
-Stashes with 20 000 RU content (Gas station ?) ? WHY ? Its meant to be hard, bros !
-fast travel and clearing critical zones
-exo ordering
-etc, etc

Aug 24 2013 Anchor

For me the patch did nothing , i stucked at the ladder to pripyat , after the patch i still stuck in there....

Aug 24 2013 Anchor

Str8Z wrote: PLEASE DO A NEW GAME EACH NEW PATCH. It's the way its meant to be played.

It's a great mod indeed but i think some adjustements were made by devs regarding to "whiners" or assisted players from others casual fps. So, the mod is not as hard as it should be:
-Stashes with 20 000 RU content (Gas station ?) ? WHY ? Its meant to be hard, bros !
-exo ordering
-etc, etc

+1 to that, some peopel here dont seem to realize that their corrucped saves wont be fixed by a patch, start over is that so bloody hard?

Aug 24 2013 Anchor

Clean install with patches set for new game. Run Exe. as admin. No crashes and no corrupted games. It's that easy.

Aug 24 2013 Anchor

Gyrfalkon wrote: Clean install with patches set for new game. Run Exe. as admin. No crashes and no corrupted games. It's that easy.

Quoted for truth.

Aug 24 2013 Anchor

Huppey wrote: I don't know...
WHY DO EVERYONE HAS CRASHES!!! BECAUSE I DON'T.

That's basically me.

--

Thanks & Best Regards,

-Мохамед

Aug 24 2013 Anchor

I realize my game's performance decreases after the patch 2.0.2... Why? I thought that the new patch will be more stable and improve performance... With version 2.0.1, I got steady 25-40fps but then after I patched to 2.0.2, the fps decreases to around 15 - 25. What the heck?? By the way, I install the save game compatible patch since I refuse to start over after hours of gamplay. ( It was damn tedious to save up money for the good gear. No, I don't want to start all over again....)

Aug 24 2013 Anchor

i only had 3 ctds sofar

i dont have anything else to say

Edited by: GabeTheKid

--

Aug 24 2013 Anchor

This is my 3rs playthrough(kind of) and I restarted my game each time a new version was released. Kindergarten fridge bug again.... again....again... Mod doesn't work it's bugged and it's not our fault. I tried everything I could possibly do to reverse the curse. I turned my settings all the way down. I reloaded an earlier pre pripyat save and played up until the fridge. I tried the "grenade trick." Nothing works and I'm not playing this anymore. It's broken.

TheVirQ wrote: Say thanks to beta-testers.

Why? it doesn't even work. We are pretty much the beta testers.

Also could you upload your savegame after the kindergarten fridge...I just want to beat this and then forget about it.

Edited by: wal_martian

Aug 24 2013 Anchor

Frostelis wrote:

Str8Z wrote: PLEASE DO A NEW GAME EACH NEW PATCH. It's the way its meant to be played.

-exo ordering
-etc, etc

+1 to that, some peopel here dont seem to realize that their corrucped saves wont be fixed by a patch, start over is that so bloody hard?

Yes for some ppl it is... Now they will cry BUT think of all big full price games... Every bigger patch needs a new game started and will corrupt saves... So if you play the same save with 10 fkn different patches they will only change .ini things... Just get this and yes the mod is too easy... it was even better in 2.0! Completly bullshit dmg system BUT IT WAS HARD!!! Now it is only Vanilla with nice items on Expert with omre enemies and stronger anomalies... And everyone who cries that gaining money is hard... Pff i have finished with 700k Rubel... The only hard part in this mod is Jupiter if you go there early.

Sgt_Marlop
Sgt_Marlop That Guy
Aug 24 2013 Anchor

TheVirQ wrote: Say thanks to beta-testers.

Implying there was beta testing

Implying current versions of misery are not in beta

--

A picture for your enjoyment: Moddb.com

Aug 24 2013 Anchor

muradnabiev wrote: I was really really sick of playing it, but I had to move on because I never played CoP before and I wanted to complete it. .

You deserve the torture. Never play a mod before vanilla.

Aug 24 2013 Anchor

kesha wrote:

muradnabiev wrote: I was really really sick of playing it, but I had to move on because I never played CoP before and I wanted to complete it. .

You deserve the torture. Never play a mod before vanilla.

Exactly. NEVER. STALKER does not NEED mods. It's good alone.

--

Thanks & Best Regards,

-Мохамед

Aug 25 2013 Anchor

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl with Oblivion Lost mod was PURE PERFECTION and PURE LUST!!!!!!

Misery 2 should have been like it, but with this astonishing graphic it has. Unfortunately, for me devs made too much scripts that lead to random CTDs. But I like the extreme difficulty, not the economy, and especially the respawn of human enemy and human around the Zone, Vanilla felt like a desert after you finished the quests.

Edited by: SilverBlack78

Aug 25 2013 Anchor

sergiopappalardo78 wrote: STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl with Oblivion Lost mod was PURE PERFECTION and PURE LUST!!!!!!

Misery 2 should have been like it, but with this astonishing graphic it has. Unfortunately, for me devs made too much scripts that lead to random CTDs. But I like the extreme difficulty, not the economy, and especially the respawn of human enemy and human around the Zone, Vanilla felt like a desert after you finished the quests.

You should try AMK NS too.. I, also wanted this to be as stable as OL/AMK but well..

--

Thanks & Best Regards,

-Мохамед

Aug 25 2013 Anchor

You should play SoC with AMK Soljanka from Wlad777. Just ggogle for it. Simply the Best.
After that u will laugh about ppl saying Misery is hard.

Aug 25 2013 Anchor

Falkenhand wrote: You should play SoC with AMK Soljanka from Wlad777. Just ggogle for it. Simply the Best.

Ya, trying it now. I am going to shoot my PC after that. Kruglov mission is annoying.

--

Thanks & Best Regards,

-Мохамед

Aug 25 2013 Anchor

Falkenhand wrote: You should play SoC with AMK Soljanka from Wlad777. Just ggogle for it. Simply the Best.

So that is more difficult than Misery 2? I can't believe it... But the graphic is near Misery 2 level?
I really want to try it, SoC is the best stalker game ever, I think there's no doubts about this.

Aug 26 2013 Anchor

sergiopappalardo78 wrote:

So that is more difficult than Misery 2? I can't believe it... But the graphic is near Misery 2 level?
I really want to try it, SoC is the best stalker game ever, I think there's no doubts about this.

AMK Nardonaya Solyanaka Joint Pack, you will find it on GSC. Epic, and even harder than MISERY. The graphics are below MISERY standards. It also has all the maps from all stalker games, and a few more (Generators from Builds, ATP, Forgotten Woods, Village and some other that I forgot)

--

Thanks & Best Regards,

-Мохамед

Aug 26 2013 Anchor

mrmohamed2001 wrote:

sergiopappalardo78 wrote:

AMK Nardonaya Solyanaka Joint Pack, you will find it on GSC. Epic, and even harder than MISERY. The graphics are below MISERY standards. It also has all the maps from all stalker games, and a few more (Generators from Builds, ATP, Forgotten Woods, Village and some other that I forgot)

Sounds awesome!!! And is it stable or buggy?

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.