Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
A NooB's first day in Misery 2.1.1 (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : General subjects : A NooB's first day in Misery 2.1.1) Locked
Thread Options
May 12 2016 Anchor

Day one, Sniper Class
I arrive in the zone, my coat covered in dust and my rifle in hand. Tired and scared by the sound of creatures I cannot yet identify or even see through this fog. I turn on my PDA desperatly hoping I can find any safe spot to lay down until the visibility gets better. Nothing noteworthy around here.

But then I hear something and quickly put down my PDA and raise my rifles at eye level looking down the sight. As the noise gets closer I take a deep breath trying not to panic. Then I see them, boars charging through the fog. 3 of them. I do the wise thing, I quickly get out of the way managing to take a quick shot at one of them. Obviously, all I did is making them even more angry. I decide to make a run for it. I make sure to change direction often to not get my ♥♥♥ bumped by one of those freaks. I know there is the remains of an old ship somewhere that serves as a camp for stalkers. I also know it is roughly south of my position so I head toward south. Still being chased by the boars.

On the way south I managed to kill one of them by unloading both barrels of my shotgun through it's skull. But a second one manage to hit me in the ribs. The wound is bleeding and hurts like a bitch. But stubborn as I am I refuse to die in this shithole. I slash the damn thing with my knife. The time for running is over. I give up running, I lost at that game. But now it is an entirely new kind of game and I have no plan on loosing. But, before I do anything more I hear gunfire in the distance. The boar I wounded screams in agony as a volley of bulet tears any remains of life out of it's miserable corpse. I turn around and I see a couple of stalkers charging in, driving off the last of the boar. I take a deep breath and start patching my wounds. I have never been so close to death before.

My traning as a sniper made sure I'd be too far of my target to be in any danger. But that kind of things obviously means nothing in the Zone. This wasnt any enemy soldiers that attacked me. But horribly mutated pigs with a taste for blood. I finally managed the stop the bleeding and look up. The fog has started to clear and I can now clearly see what seem to be a ship. Was I really THIS close? Between the fog and the boars I didn't realise how close safety was. I enter the ship and talk to the man at the bar. Some guy who calls himself Beard. Then I ask him a question he probably heard hundreds of time before I ask him myself.

''How does one survives in this misery?''

----------

Awesome mod. I'm really enjoying it so far. :) And that first impression is really pushing me to play more. Very good.... I guess im going to do some hunting. Ill update if anything worthy of reading happens. :)

I wish to apologies. I didn't notice the pinned thread for that kind of thing. I hope this won't cause any issues. =/

Edited by: Dashyr

kcs123
kcs123 Just Kcs123
May 12 2016 Anchor

Nah. It was nice reading such stories from time to time instead of bug reports :)

Happy hunting, I'm sure you will experience dozens of similar situations in each playtrough.

--

May 12 2016 Anchor
kcs123 wrote:

Nah. It was nice reading such stories from time to time instead of bug reports :)

Happy hunting, I'm sure you will experience dozens of similar situations in each playtrough.

Im glad you enjoyed the reading :) and talking about bugs. so far I didnt notice anything bad or out of the ordinary. Only point that I might bring up is that this mod would really require a ''lite'' version. My computer is good enough and I can manage but my friend is going nuts trying to get a decent framerate. You guys might want to consider a ''light version'' patch or something. I know some people on the forum suggests similar fix but it would be a nice touch from you. This mod definatly needs to be played and enjoyed. But sadly difficulty isn't the only steep one has to climb. Well that was my 2 cents . thanks again for reading. :)

Also I definatly need to post this. Taken a bit after this encounter right after I was done patching my wounds and sleeping. Right after my first blowout in misery. Damn it looks beautiful even on my crappy old 1440x900 monitor! (Well..crappy and old...still is a samsung with 75hz frequency so... pretty good for fps games in general)

A glance at the the many horrors of the zone

May 13 2016 Anchor

Welcome to a world of MISERY, Stalker!

A word of advice, take your time to read all the item descriptions one by one. This not only a great way to pass the time during an emission but will quickly give you vital information for your survival.
And some things are just nice to read and makes the zone feel really alive:
User Posted Image

be ready to encounter awsome spectacles and situations that would be hilarious they couldnt cost your life!

User Posted Image
User Posted Image

Edited by: Keksfront

--

Bonesetter - You look a touch pale, how about a little injection or two?

May 18 2016 Anchor

Day 2,

So that WAS a blowout? Looking up at the sky I am given an absolutly beautiful sight. Almost as if the sky itself was in flame. But, the thinking about the poor souls that maybe didn't made it back in time, makes it impossible for me to enjoy such a unique and breathtaking view. The Zone truely is a place where science clashes with the unknown. I am definatly worried and I ain't sure what I should do next. Starting to think I should have risked martial instead of coming here. Too late to be sorry I guess.

I guess instead of waiting here for whatever horror to find me. I might as well do something useful with my time. Some people would pay crazy prices for the most disgusting kind of merchandise that can come to my mind right now. Yeah, I guess fleshes are not so bad. Can't be worse than the boars from yesterday anyway.

*Insert story of player hunting fleshes around here.*

I just had the biggest jumpscare of my whole life. Earlier I choosed to follow a group of stalkers heading toward an old gas station. I mean, why travel alone? On our way there we found a pack of fleshes wich were not too hard to dispose of. I killed 2 myself with my knife. The others didn't had much chance to come closer. My new found friends easily got rid of them with their assault rifles. But, as I was making my way to one fo the fleshes to collect my price. I seen a shadow quickly passing by. You know that kind of shadow you see then ask yourself "Was it really something? Nah. Must be paranoid.". I skinned the beast and claimed what is mine.

As I looked up. I seen, that monster. That -thing-. I am not even sure myself why someone would bother naming such a beast instead of running. I barely had the time to avoid the beast. I felt one of its.. moist and disgusting tantacles sliding of my shoulder as it passed by. I cannot even describe how horrified I was. Hopefully, or it took another for a target allowing me to get my bearings. As I tried to aim it vanished. Disapeared out of thin air I cannot believe what I saw...or didn't. Then it appeared again charging at one of my comrades. I do not know how I managed but I killed it with 3 shot from an old and rusty pistol I had found a few minutes ago. I took a closer look and let me tell you. Even a mother couldn't love such a thing. Talking about disgusting... Yes you guessed it alright. I claimed my prize. After that, I left without saying anything to my former comrades. This was a bit too much for me and I needed a break. I didn't slept very well that night. Let's just hope these ''squids'' are not too common in the Zone.

Profits: ~6800 RU

Expenses: ~4500 RU (Armor repair + binoculars)

Got myself a new gun!

I'm back at it. Expect more stories to be added. As always I will only update it if anything worth reading happens.

Edited by: Dashyr

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.