Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
2.1 exoskeleton suit (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : General subjects : 2.1 exoskeleton suit) Locked
Thread Options 1 2
Jan 19 2014 Anchor

Any idea on how to get this, i remember you use to get it from nimble but can't do that anymore. Atm I can buy the seva suit and other high end gear like the bulat armor. Will I need to progress further into the game to unlock it for sale because I honestly haven't been using any armor/helmet atm and at jupitor so far doing those quests.

kcs123
kcs123 Just Kcs123
Jan 19 2014 Anchor

Someone wrote:
Will I need to progress further into the game to unlock it for sale

Yes, you need to progress further, and suit will be available for sale at traders. It is more rare however then other items so it is easy to miss when exactly it will become available.

--

Mar 23 2014 Anchor

nimble used to have it since beginning of the game, just very expensive, i played a long while to save that amount of money (around 150k ru) and now it was substituted by the Gillie suit. which sucks big time. yeah its high gear for sniper, but overall is very low quality and is almost 100k. has almost same stats as the Clear Sky armor but cant use headgear.

i think this change was for the worse, gillie should have been progress unlocked with vendors and the exo should have remained unique to nimble, not the other way around.

ps. what are the advantages of the gillie? is purely aesthetic or it actually have modifiers for AI visual awareness? if its aesthetic only it shouldn't have substituted the exo.

Edited by: lasar

kcs123
kcs123 Just Kcs123
Mar 23 2014 Anchor

NPC need longer time when between raising gun and aiming at you and actualy fire gun. If they are unaware of your presence you can get closer to NPC before they start to react.
You have more time when one NPC spots you, to kill him before he alerts other member in squad about your presence.
Also, when NPC lost sight of you, they will sooner cool off and switch to unalerted combat state.

Despite having low armour value, ghillie suit have decent durability, meaning, you will spend less money for repairs.
It is good suit for hunting small bandit squads from long range, but it is not so good for CQB due to lack of balistic protection.

As I already mentioned, it requires some skill to properly use it and decent knowlage of other items in game to overcome weakness of suit.

--

Nyayr
Nyayr Reconnaissance Beta
Mar 23 2014 Anchor

When I used the ghillie as a sniper I found my playing style making it really awesome. I tend to move from shrub to shrub, listen to were enemies come from, focused on high stealth. I only found the zero psy resistance a serious weakness... It should allow a helmet to be effective or else have a basic psy guard similar to a helmet.

--

Avoid using autosaves, use hard saves only.

Logs are located in "C:\Users\Public\Documents\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat\logs\xray_....log"

Mar 24 2014 Anchor

just a suggestion - having a helmet with the ghillie doesn't seem right, but an optional (like the night vision/adjustable zoom sniper rifle upgrades) upgrade to increase the psi resist would be good

Nyayr
Mar 25 2014 Anchor

Yeah that was my second suggestion, it doesn't need to be great but enough to be like the regular helmet upgraded, so you can manage being in the psi (blue aura) range of 1 controller, now it is horrid cause you literally dead when you stray into it for 5 seconds.

Edited by: Nyayr

--

Logs are located in "C:\Users\Public\Documents\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat\logs\xray_....log"

Mar 25 2014 Anchor

man i swear, i just cANNot get past the undergroung without an exo. its not about skills. its a mental issue of morale and confidence. i just cant make it through without that damn exoskeleton :( can someone give me a saevgame where you get and exo BEFORE the pripyat underground? i just cant get through it with bulat or anything else.

Nyayr
Mar 26 2014 Anchor

Main point however is the exo suit becomes available and sold by owl/bonesetter when you entered pripyat and go back to zaton or yanov, so after you pass through the underground.

The underground is actually easy, the only stress point is when the two snipers pop up and you 4 allies might go stupid and clotter underneath one and get killed. As an assaulter with a CS-3 suit and 3 steel plates or artefacts you can easily manage, a recon can even get a freedom suit with 4 slots and a sniper can go either way. I found the monolith in the underground in general to be off experienced quality and not veteran, they can wield crap weapon like double barrels, scorpions and bolt action rifles as well AKS. When Black jumps you in the factory with his mercs that is a lot harder. Fighting them nightvision is key and be sure to have half a dozen batteries with you for pripyat, as well a nifty supply of drugs.

You only need to wear the seva suit in the toxic areas, it is smarter to just wear your regular armour in the none toxic domains. Also don't go in overweight on loads of stuff you can always go back and forth later on in pripyat.

Enemies can still shred you horrid even in an exo suit, it is only 1 armour grade higher then the Burlat.

Edited by: Nyayr

--

Jul 1 2014 Anchor

So, I rushed for the SEVA suit and went into pripyat without almost doing no secondary missions....YET no EXO. FFS why???

Jul 2 2014 Anchor

terminator6267 wrote: So, I rushed for the SEVA suit and went into pripyat without almost doing no secondary missions....YET no EXO. FFS why???

Secunadry missions give you the achievments which allows traders to open up thier inventory to sell more and more items. Mybe thats why you cant find exo at traders. Try if Garry the guide sells it in pripyat i bought mine there, but when i return to zaton for upgrades Owl was selling also.
I dont know which achiv you have so far, but i think your are missing some and trader dont sell exo to you

Edited by: BockoPocko

Jul 2 2014 Anchor

BockoPocko wrote:

terminator6267 wrote: So, I rushed for the SEVA suit and went into pripyat without almost doing no secondary missions....YET no EXO. FFS why???

Secunadry missions give you the achievments which allows traders to open up thier inventory to sell more and more items. Mybe thats why you cant find exo at traders. Try if Garry the guide sells it in pripyat i bought mine there, but when i return to zaton for upgrades Owl was selling also.
I dont know which achiv you have so far, but i think your are missing some and trader dont sell exo to you

GO FIGURE. I rather do those secondary missions with an exo suit on for fun! GEEZ!

Jul 2 2014 Anchor

You can modify the trader file for your own playing style. Just add the items you want to Zaton trader. You can buy anything at anytime.

Jul 3 2014 Anchor

DesertEagleV wrote: You can modify the trader file for your own playing style. Just add the items you want to Zaton trader. You can buy anything at anytime.

Huh. Okay? Will that mess up my saves? Is there a thread specifically for that?

Jul 3 2014 Anchor

No it wont' mess up save file if the modification is done right. I don't see any thread for it. Maybe I should make one.
Better ask MDT first.

kcs123
kcs123 Just Kcs123
Jul 3 2014 Anchor

Well, no specific thread about it, but you can read something about it in my old post.
Page or two after that post in the same thread you will find info how to add anything you want into trader files.
You can use that until someone provide better answer.

You can use my old files as reference for how to make changes, but I recommand to backup 2.1.1 trader files and then make your own changes.
Do that on your own risk, becouse it can spoil your playtrough.

--

Jul 3 2014 Anchor

kcs123 wrote: Do that on your own risk, becouse it can spoil your playtrough.

What do you mean... "spoil".

kcs123
kcs123 Just Kcs123
Jul 3 2014 Anchor

When you are able to get best gear from start, you don't need to make any effort to get such gear (outfit/weapon) trough regular playtrough.
Without effort taken trough actual playing the game you miss half of the fun. But that is just my opinion, feel free to play the game as you like to play.

--

Jul 3 2014 Anchor

That's right. I modified the file to fit my own playing style, more like have fun testing all the stuff. If everything is available from the start then we will miss tons of fun and challenges.

Pirakahunter788
Pirakahunter788 Veteran Stalker
Jul 3 2014 Anchor

You can change what Nimble sells, by going in to gamedata > scripts > dialogs_zation.script. I did a search for "ghillie" (because even as a sniper, it felt useless to me) and found this line: zat_b51_buy_item_table[7] = { [1] = {item = {"ghillie_outfit"}}
-
Just change ghillie to exo, and it will give you the exo at the ghillie's price, which is fair if you ask me. Owl and Bonesetter can sell the ghillie later on, most likely while you're in the middle of the Jupiter quest line, sometimes for cheaper than what nimble has it for.
-
Now, personally, I don't play Stalker for the difficulty. If I wanted "skin-of-my-teeth", I'd do Dark Souls. I play Stalker for the experience, the eerie atmosphere, and the rich environment that I can experience, that Misery kicks up to 11. Misery makes Stalker feel more.. professional, scientific. One person's idea of fun does not have to match another's, let them modify the game as they please. Their fault if it ruins the game for them.

Edited by: Pirakahunter788

--

Freedom Member
"You have provided plenty of help to Freedom, and this has earned you the respect of Freedom fighters and their friends."

kcs123
kcs123 Just Kcs123
Jul 3 2014 Anchor

Pirakahunter788 wrote:
Now, personally, I don't play Stalker for the difficulty. If I wanted "skin-of-my-teeth" combat, I'd do Dark Souls. I play Stalker for the experience, the eerie atmosphere, and the rich environment that I can experience, that Misery kicks up to 11. Misery makes Stalker feel more.. professional, scientific.

I agree with that. I have suggested lot of changes during development, some were accepted, some not. You don't always need "insaine difficulty" to make game interesting. I rather like to be more inpredictible, with more variations in AI behaviour, for example. But there is thin line in AI behaviour when NPC become too smart or too stupid, so it is not easy task to balance that.

--

Pirakahunter788
Pirakahunter788 Veteran Stalker
Jul 3 2014 Anchor

To be fair, coding AI behavior can be very difficult, because by default they're cheating bastards. You have to make them dumber.
-
Their view distance doesn't bother me, because I kill every stalker squad I see anyway. Doesn't hurt that they alert me to their presence early. :devil:

If you get behind them, they don't have telepathy. They have to hear you to know you're there, which is nice. I casually walk up until I'm a couple dozen meters away, then I crouch the rest for a couple good shotgun headshots.
It's not hard to hit a target at range with a good weapon, and they miss enough when I'm running, so that part feels realistic enough.
-
I just wish suppressors made more of a difference, I enjoy picking off targets one by one stealthily. I can do it with zombies, but stalkers have squad telepathy, and it's.. unfortunate. >_>

Edited by: Pirakahunter788

--

Freedom Member
"You have provided plenty of help to Freedom, and this has earned you the respect of Freedom fighters and their friends."

Jul 3 2014 Anchor

terminator6267 wrote:

DesertEagleV wrote: You can modify the trader file for your own playing style. Just add the items you want to Zaton trader. You can buy anything at anytime.

A little tip when modifing files - make another copy of the original file to different location(keep it untouched), so if things screw up you can always replace the modified file with the original :) and you are ready to start again to modify

Edited by: BockoPocko

Jul 3 2014 Anchor

BockoPocko wrote:

terminator6267 wrote:

A little tip when modifing files - copy the original file to another location(keep it untouched), so if things screw up you can always replace the modified file with the original :)

So I'm not the only one with a big folder named ORIGINALS in my documents? :D

Jul 3 2014 Anchor

Ofcorse not :D, best way to keep thing in order when you tweak something, not just misery, any other mod.
But my tweaks are small, im not a fan of drastic change, ill like to play the game as modders imagined it

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.