Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
2.1 -> 2.1.1 - Features Feedback (not bugs) (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : General subjects : 2.1 -> 2.1.1 - Features Feedback (not bugs)) Locked
Thread Options
Jul 3 2014 Anchor

As discussed with Kcs123, I create this thread to gather all feedback about the evolution from 2.1 to 2.1.1

First things coming to my mind are :

- Health regen that came back to a really high rate.
People had some issues losing health with assaulter/sniper classes, but I find the regen not realistic at all anymore (as recon, I get my entire health bars regenerated within few ingame hours). Fortunetaly, this thread Moddb.com allows us to tweak it by ourself. But I don't like to tweak official release files, otherwise it's a game you make to yourself, you don't feel like discovering somebody else's work anymore :)

- Civilian zombies... disappeared. :( I know there were some CTD issues due to them but with all logs reported in the Bug thread, isn't there a way to solve them ? My god, how 2.1 made me happy with civi Z appearance ! :)

- The zone feels less inhabited than before. For example, the saw mill is now populated with zombies spawns and no more with controllers (nor civilian zombies of course). Less chimeras, less pseudogiants... MDT told me that it is on purpose to "force" players to go farther in the adventure faster. I find it's a pity as I like freeplaying from game start.

There are other stuffs I'll report later too.

Share your mind loot, stalkers !

Edited by: lopezien

Jul 4 2014 Anchor

i noticed that droped and looted weapons are in way better condition then before. Yes you can still find badly damaged weapons, but most of them are in very decent condition 25-30%+ , i've looted ak with 65% which has never happend before. I think that people will find this most satisfying and a new challenge opens up, kill faster so the enemy group wont pick up before you, now repair costs are less if you find something you like, if you don't, selling them brings more cash.

For the things you said i think that we got used to the old stuff, so sure, we gona miss them :), im sure gona miss biger population in the zone. Civilian zombies were a nice touch, they werent a big treat but knowing they gona spawn somewhere was good, They might return them back, fixing CTD issues takes time and testing

Jul 6 2014 Anchor

Yes, that's true for looted weapons, their condition is much better ! That's a good thing for reasons you mentionned above, and for realism too ;)

I went back to 2.1 to compare the spawn rate, and there's no doubt about it, 2.1 is much more inhabited than 2.1.1 ! In 2.1.1, in Zaton, I was never attending to any gun fights as the rare NPC squads were avoiding each other. Also, the squads patrolling ways have been modified a bit from 2.1, I prefer 2.1 ones too ;) (For example, hill above boiler anomaly and boat pier never had any squads around while 2.1 feeds those areas with many NPCs fighting the constant mutants spawns).

Jul 7 2014 Anchor

The reduction of NPC's in Zaton is probably related to the increase in dropped weapon condition. Previously in 2.1, one of my methods of income was to snipe the bandits as they patrolled around the bridge between Ranger Station and the sewage plant. Perfect spot from the cargo containers ~300m away by the docks. With an increase in weapon condition I might be able to sell them in my 2.1.1 playthrough which would have broken the 2.1 economy.

Less mutants though, that seems to make the zone friendlier. Especially when combined with less hostile bandit/mercenary spawns.

Edit: Has there been a bonus added to the Recon class in light of the Steyr being added? Found this on the Features page:
"Recon...BULLPUP AFFINITY - all bullpup rifles, regardless of type receive a small bonus to sway rates, recoil, aim speed and accuracy"
Miserymod.com

Edited by: celeborn10

Jul 7 2014 Anchor

celeborn10 wrote: Edit: Has there been a bonus added to the Recon class in light of the Steyr being added? Found this on the Features page:
"Recon...BULLPUP AFFINITY - all bullpup rifles, regardless of type receive a small bonus to sway rates, recoil, aim speed and accuracy"
Miserymod.com

i think steyr is also included in this. Its not the weapon that controls it, its the class diversity files, im not sure which specific one but i believe its actor.itx

Edited by: BockoPocko

Jul 13 2014 Anchor

Um I updated to 2.1.1 and continued my freeplay I began from 2.1. Just found a lonely looking civilian zombie knocking about the woods between Iron Forest and Oakpine - aren't they supposed to be gone in 2.1.1? Or is that only if you start a new game?

kcs123
kcs123 Just Kcs123
Jul 13 2014 Anchor

Already spawned items/NPCs/mutants remains in saved games until you kill them, something else kill them or they are despawned by script(rare ocasions).
Once you kill them they will not be spawned again in 2.1.1 playtrough.

Each class have different weapon_name.ltx file that controls weapon behaviour. That's why you have the same filename in class diversity folders.
So, if you have desire for some weapon to be used in for example sniper class and have low proficiency, you can copy that weapon.ltx from recon class(with high proficiency) to sniper class diversity folder. Although, in game it will still have in description "low proficiency", that is becouse you need to change description for that weapon in different file that is in text folder. If description doesn't bother you much, you can use that weapon with high proficiency without problems.

Lower spawn rate is in favor to overall game stability in later stages of game and also to improve performance. Each side quest or main quest that is solved unlocks new spawn points that remains active as long as you play game. Once you reach freeplay you will have unlock most of spawn points, so game could become unstable in freeplay if NPC/mutants spawn too often and game engine don't have enough time to calculate NPC battles that will reduce their numbers before new NPC squad is spawned. I already suggested some changes in spawn scripts, that could possibly can give you more crowded active map while maintains overall game stability/performance. Don't know if that will be possible to achieve and when it will be included in mod.

--

Jul 13 2014 Anchor

Thank you Kes123

kcs123
kcs123 Just Kcs123
Jul 14 2014 Anchor

You are welcome.

--

Jul 14 2014 Anchor

Hi Kcs123, the lower spawn rate depending on how many quests have been accomplished is only 2.1.1, is that correct ? Is it by map only or through the whole 3 ones ? Cheers

kcs123
kcs123 Just Kcs123
Jul 15 2014 Anchor

From Misery 2.0.x to 2.1.1, all of releases have similar quest/accomplishment based spawns. However, spawn rate was changed between releases and also some of spawn points if favor to more stable game with less stuttering. On all maps spawns changes as you progress trough game, but on latest 2.1 BETA to 2.1.1 releases spawns start to increase only when you first time visit that map. After that is based on timer and accomplishment.

For example, hostile Duty NPC start to spawn only when you become friend with Freedom, and oposite. More mutants in some area when you examine certain heli, or you kill chimera, for example. Don't wory, as longer you play the game it will be more and more populated with NPC and mutants.

--

Jul 15 2014 Anchor

i'm almost done with jupiter map, only gathering squd for pripyat left, zaton and jupiter are much, much more populated then the start of the game or when u finish zaton map. i didnt like low pop when i started a new game, but the game populates very fast and considering the game difficulty, misery looks more appealing now for the ones new to misery mod, you dont get struck by hell like before, especially in some areas. its more balanced and stable now and for those who like a bit more action there are still some crazy spawns :), dont sleep at night

Jul 21 2014 Anchor

I actually love this feature. I remember some moments in the earlier versions of misery 2 in which I was swarmed by a pseudogiant+dogs early on. I don't even want to get started on the "Iron Forest." I would get attacked by bloodsuckers just approaching the place then came the poltergeists, controllers, and zombies.... It was just so over the top.

Jul 21 2014 Anchor

I don't have a problem with how mutants spawn now,in earlier versions packs of 15+ bloodsuckers were possible in Pripyat,which is absurd.My problem right now is where they spawn.For instance,in Zaton I was doing the bloodsucker mission with Grouse,but just as Grouse was starting to get to the elevator,a Pseudogiant spawned inside the building,and it would just kill Grouse as he was trying to get into the elevator.

Jul 21 2014 Anchor

Of course, this is about personal taste only. 15+ Bloodsuckers is a real challenge to me, I like it.

When starting a new game with 2.1 to compare the spawns, I got a crazy battle. I was close to the scar anomaly and ambushed two squads, one of bandits, the other of mercenaries (at the time, I just had a 20% condition scoped K98 karabiner with 40 bullets, and the black road starting worn Makharov with around 100 bullets).

Those 8 guys were hard to takeoff, great fun. But this is not the end. Waste processing mercenaries joined the party. The twenty of them. I chose not to leave but fight ! So I had to lur them to loot the corpses during the battle to obtain any single gun/bullet to continue the killing, otherwise of course I hadn't enough (and with the number of F5/F9, you can imagine how quick the corpses were disappearing...)

The best battle of my life and the highest feeling of accomplishment in my stalker life.

Yes, I had to change the F5/F9 keys of my keyboard.

Anyway, I'm happy to see this quest related increasing spawn rate is not included in 2.1.1 only. May be I just didn't go far enough in my first 2.1.1 playthrough, so that would explain I was disappointed by the Zone's inhabitation. I will try a new 2.1.1 playthrough ! I'm always so happy about starting a new COP Misery game :P

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.