Revamp Expansion Mod (RVE) A Supreme Commander 2 Complete Overhaul / Total Conversion Mod

Forum Thread
RVE 2.0 Alpha 1+ Bug Reporting (Games : Supreme Commander 2 : Mods : Revamp Expansion Mod (RVE) : Forum : Mod Feedback and Support : RVE 2.0 Alpha 1+ Bug Reporting) Locked
Thread Options
Jul 31 2015 Anchor

I'm gonna put all the bugs that I find here, so that Overrated won't go crazy tracking them down. And so I won't too.

Let's begin...

• Mod manager doesn't work?
  • The Illuminate structure T2 health upgrade can be unlocked at the start
  • UEF "Class 2 Experimental Research" costs no research -- is this a bug or just a workaround?
  • In the "Affects:" part of the tooltip for UEF T1 land (maybe more?), "T1" and "Land" have no space in between them
  • T1 Turrents (PD and AA) cost 2000 energy each...extra zero or just balance changes?
  • Mass extractor doesn't gain veterancy over time, but the veterancy bar is still there
  • T101 strategic icon appears to be that of a ship...as in, it's a semicircle
  • Brackman's damage radius is huge (maybe balance too?)
  • Phenom has old icon
  • R1 Ion Reactor slides on the wrong axis when being built
  • UEF ACU Veterancy research gives intel buff? (need to check again to make sure)
  • In the UEF tech tree, the "T2 Barrel Defense Upgrade" research description features a "|" instead of a slash (for land and structure)
  • When (UEF) factory pauses to complete build tech upgrades, build animations don't stop (sometimes -- will try to figure out why)
  • Adjacency weirdness (UEF T2 energy gen didn't connect horizontally w/ T3 factory)
  • UEF Land "Tier 3 Anti-Air Upgrade" says it affects t2 units
  • Cybran T1 mass convertor broken?
  • Strategic icons don't change when mass extractors level up (can we do this?)
  • Enable/disable mass fabrication doesn't appear to do anything
  • "Sentury" should be "Century"?
  • UEF T3 mass convertor appears to have no build texture when building (or any texture, for that matter -- it's invisible. Or maybe just my slow computer. Gotta test it.)

I'll add more as we play...

Edited by: ALBINOsnowball

Jul 31 2015 Anchor

Once you open the resource UI using J, you can't close it..

Jul 31 2015 Anchor

I don't know if this is an issue that has been cleared up already, but whenever I attempt to open up a skirmish on infinite war the game crashes during the loading screen.

Jul 31 2015 Anchor

That sounds like it might be an installation problem. You might want to try validating your game files (look up how to do that via Steam) and then reinstalling the mod.

--

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Jul 31 2015 Anchor

I've noticed it's happening whenever I try to get in game, so it might just be me. I've tried validating but I'm going to reinstall the mod, mod manager, and Supreme Commander just to see if that works.

Jul 31 2015 Anchor

Can't play a single skirmish game, keeps crashing, HELP!

Jul 31 2015 Anchor

When does it crash?

In the case that it's mod manager problems, here's a quick review of how to install manually:

1. Make sure you have a clean install of SupCom2
  2. Download "Revamp_Expansion_Mod_2.0_Alpha_1.rar"
  3. Open "Revamp_Expansion_Mod_2.0_Alpha_1.rar" using WinRAR, QuickRAR, or (maybe) 7zip
  4. Inside "Revamp_Expansion_Mod_2.0_Alpha_1.rar" is "Revamp Expansion Mod 2.0 Alpha 1.scd". Open this file using WinRAR, QuickRAR, or (maybe) 7zip
  5. Put all .scd files inside "Revamp Expansion Mod 2.0 Alpha 1.scd" into your gamedata folder, which is usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Supreme Commander 2\gamedata
  6. Run the game.

--

Jul 31 2015 Anchor

I've researched the next tier level of structures, yet I still can't switch to it?

Jul 31 2015 Anchor

Here's the process for switching tier levels:

ENGINEERS:

1. Get "Engineer T2 Research" in the "Land" section of the research tree
  2. Use the "Upgrade To T2 Build Systems" ability on the engineer
  3. Switch techs as you please

For factories, the process is similar:

FACTORIES:

1. Get the "Factory Tier 2 Research" in the "Structure" section of the research tree
  2. Use the "Upgrade Build Systems To Tier 2" ability on the factory
  3. Research the T2 unit(s) you want in the "Land" section of the research tree
  4. Build as you please.

--

Jul 31 2015 Anchor

I'm not sure what you mean by step 5 of the manual installation as I do not see any .scd files within Revamp Expansion Mod 2.0 Alpha 1.scd. Within the file, there is only an assortment of random characters and symbols.

Edit: I fixed my issue by carefully examining my gamedata folder and noticed there was an .scd belonging to a mid which I did not have activated. Deleting this mod got rid of my crash issue.

Edited by: Demondra

Jul 31 2015 Anchor

When selecting tier 2 shield generator (UEF) the preview placement visual shows a tier 3 shield generator. HELPING :)

Aug 1 2015 Anchor

The "Juggernaut" experimental lists the Jackhammer's name in its description

Demondra wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean by step 5 of the manual installation as I do not see any .scd files within Revamp Expansion Mod 2.0 Alpha 1.scd. Within the file, there is only an assortment of random characters and symbols.

Edit: I fixed my issue by carefully examining my gamedata folder and noticed there was an .scd belonging to a mid which I did not have activated. Deleting this mod got rid of my crash issue.

SCD files are themself an archive. Extract the revamp scd using 7zip or winrar, and copy the files inside to you gamedata folder to manually install.

Edited by: KIN0025

Aug 1 2015 Anchor

Hey people thanks for the bug reports and if you could keep this thread strictly for bugs that would be great, if you have problems launching your game or crashes post it in summary page or maybe we need a place in the forum just for crashes and launch problems...

Cheers Av

--

UEF "Experimental" sniper bot.

Aug 1 2015 Anchor

Cybran T1 mass converter ability causes game to crash/freeze

Aug 1 2015 Anchor
Creeoer wrote:

Once you open the resource UI using J, you can't close it..

Lol yeah i updated it with a new version from Albino it seems to have a small bug.

Dalcem_Hlo wrote:

When selecting tier 2 shield generator (UEF) the preview placement visual shows a tier 3 shield generator. HELPING :)

This is because there the same model and the game shows the whole model rather than the one enabled, in a future update you will be able to upgrade shield gens.

--

Aug 1 2015 Anchor
TGHWAR wrote:

Can confirm, sim stops, but the UI remains functional. Saves cannot be made. I haven't tested it to find a specific condition, but mine happened when adjacent to two t1 energy plants.
EDIT: Was able to reproduce when no adjacency was involved.

The loading screen says "We hope you injoy", should be enjoy.

Edited by: KIN0025

Aug 1 2015 Anchor

I'm not sure that it's a bug, but right now there's no way to use Eco Mod with RVE2, and no built-in support for flow-based economy. Eco mod (or any other old mod) cannot load due to Mod Support Minimod requirement paired with inability to recognize its built-in variant in RVE2 that cannot be loaded together with standalone one due to conflict.

Also, UEF T3 pgens seem to lack at least one zero in energy production quantity.

UPDATE: Looks like T3 pgens have low production for all factions. Looks like it was intentionally made this way, but it's definitely strange when a single T3 shield consumes more than T3 generator.

Another bug: Aeon's Oblivion turret sometimes fire backwards.

UPDADE2: Eco Mod incompatibility confirmed as an answer to comment I've left earlier, new version is pending.

Edited by: MasterKane

Aug 1 2015 Anchor

I just found a bug where the units I build from the Aeon sea factory are invisible. The very first unit I build from it comes out visible, but all units after that are invisible. (ships, but engineers too).

Also, I just tried building the Tempest with an engineer, which caused my game to crash to desktop.

Edited by: SmellyMelon

Aug 1 2015 Anchor
SmellyMelon wrote:

I just found a bug where the units I build from the Aeon sea factory are invisible. The very first unit I build from it comes out visible, but all units after that are invisible. (ships, but engineers too).

Also, I just tried building the Tempest with an engineer, which caused my game to crash to desktop.

MasterKane wrote:

I'm not sure that it's a bug, but right now there's no way to use Eco Mod with RVE2, and no built-in support for flow-based economy. Eco mod (or any other old mod) cannot load due to Mod Support Minimod requirement paired with inability to recognize its built-in variant in RVE2 that cannot be loaded together with standalone one due to conflict.

Also, UEF T3 pgens seem to lack at least one zero in energy production quantity.

UPDATE: Looks like T3 pgens have low production for all factions. Looks like it was intentionally made this way, but it's definitely strange when a single T3 shield consumes more than T3 generator.

Naval isn't meant to be used as its not tested or ready for game play.

Its not a bug RVE 2.0 wasn't made to support the Eco Mod that is out right now reason being there is a exploit in it which renders that mod broken, If i can't fix this bug which is tired to the SC2 engine there wont ever be flow-based economy in RVE 2.0.

Ill be making a load of balance changes for the next release as we pushing for the end of the month release we didn't have enough time to balance test, People wanted a RVE in this stage so that's what they got.

Edited by: OverRated

--

Aug 1 2015 Anchor

Some cybran land units (t2 flak is one) have the option to use jumpjets, but don't do anything when the jumpjets ability is used.

Aug 1 2015 Anchor
MasterKane wrote:
KIN0025 wrote:
TGHWAR wrote:

Can confirm, sim stops, but the UI remains functional. Saves cannot be made. I haven't tested it to find a specific condition, but mine happened when adjacent to two t1 energy plants.
EDIT: Was able to reproduce when no adjacency was involved.

The loading screen says "We hope you injoy", should be enjoy.

Its not a bug RVE 2.0 wasn't made to support the Eco Mod that is out right now reason being there is a exploit in it which renders that mod broken, If i can't fix this bug which is tired to the SC2 engine there wont ever be flow-based economy in RVE 2.0.

Ill be making a load of balance changes for the next release as we pushing for the end of the month release we didn't have enough time to balance test, People wanted a RVE in this stage so that's what they got.

Cybran T1 mass converter bug has been fixed already for next release.

--

Aug 1 2015 Anchor

Engineers, factories and mass extractors don't have their tier levels worth of dots under their icon. If it is not possible to have them increase when the tiers increase could they be removed?

Aug 1 2015 Anchor

Please report any more bugs here as i can't edit this page as its not mine

RVE 2.0 A1 BUG / SUGGESTIONS

--

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.