Revamp Expansion Mod (RVE) A Supreme Commander 2 Complete Overhaul / Total Conversion Mod

Forum Thread
Revamp Expansion Mod 2.0 Alpha 1.4 (Games : Supreme Commander 2 : Mods : Revamp Expansion Mod (RVE) : Forum : Revamp Expansion Mod : Revamp Expansion Mod 2.0 Alpha 1.4) Locked
Thread Options
May 29 2016 Anchor

Please Use this thread to post any bugs or suggestions about RVE 2.0 A1.4

Please only report bugs and balance suggestions mentioning missing features and abilities doesn't help us the mod is a Alpha so these are bound to be there.

BUG LIST AND THERE CURRENT STATE FOR NEXT RELEASE

CHANGES/FIXES

• Show Venterancy Level button added, prints the selected units Rank to the screen

• Targeting Fixed on Cybran ACU Main Weapon

• Targeting Fixed on Prototype Defense Units

• All T3 AA has been re-balanced

• Anti-ACU countermeasures will now disable after 40 minutes

• All T2 Artillery has been re-balanced

• Engineers gain a movement speed buff when upgrading Tier levels

• Engineer/Factory build and defense upgrades has been merged into a single Tier Upgrade

• T3 Energy Generators energy per second increased from 280 to 350

• UEF Disruptor Station Experimental Artillery has been re-balanced

• T3 Overload ability changed, it will now disable the shield rather than blowing up the shield structure.

• AI will now destroy lower Tier Energy Gens and PD/AA structures

• AI will now destroy Research Station when all research is unlocked

Edited by: OverRated

May 31 2016 Anchor

I'll start since I've been testing this mod recently...

EDIT: There is one bug that is completely unrelated to this mod: Supreme Commander 2 thinks that the Steam Overlay is enabled even though I disabled it in its properties menu. When I use F12 to take a screenshot, it saves it to a folder outside of the SC2 screenshot directory. I tried verifying the game cache and testing without the mod, but this bug still occurs.

This does not happen with any other game I play or any older versions of the mod.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now on to the mod bugs:

Bug #1: The front of the Cybran Warp Pillar does not allow generators to be placed where the experimental will be coming out.

Screenshots:

The generator cannot be directly placed where the experimental will spawn...

generator cannot be placed

But if I move it out of the way, I can place it. Maybe this is to fix the issue with the experimental unit floating if the pillar is completely surrounded by generators.

generator can be placed

Bug #2: The Cybran Nuclear Silo's panel in the research tree is missing the blurb that tells what builds it. It is supposed to say "Built by: Commander or Engineer."

nuke defense silo missing descr

Bug #3: The Axiom costs 4 research points to unlock, but all of the other T3 Cybran Land units cost 9 research points.

Edited by: malurok97

May 31 2016 Anchor

One thing that bugs me and my friend who play with this mod is the Anti-ACU 'field'. Would it be possible to make that optional or have some way of turning it off?

May 31 2016 Anchor
cheesy_fof wrote:

One thing that bugs me and my friend who play with this mod is the Anti-ACU 'field'. Would it be possible to make that optional or have some way of turning it off?

The next update it will only be active for a set time similar to a rush timer.

malurok97 wrote:

I'll start since I've been testing this mod recently...

EDIT: There is one bug that is completely unrelated to this mod: Supreme Commander 2 thinks that the Steam Overlay is enabled even though I disabled it in its properties menu. When I use F12 to take a screenshot, it saves it to a folder outside of the SC2 screenshot directory. I tried verifying the game cache and testing without the mod, but this bug still occurs.

This does not happen with any other game I play or any older versions of the mod.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now on to the mod bugs:

Bug #1: The front of the Cybran Warp Pillar does not allow generators to be placed where the experimental will be coming out.

Screenshots:

The generator cannot be directly placed where the experimental will spawn...

generator cannot be placed

But if I move it out of the way, I can place it. Maybe this is to fix the issue with the experimental unit floating if the pillar is completely surrounded by generators.

generator can be placed

Bug #2: The Cybran Nuclear Silo's panel in the research tree is missing the blurb that tells what builds it. It is supposed to say "Built by: Commander or Engineer."

nuke defense silo missing descr

Bug #3: The Axiom costs 4 research points to unlock, but all of the other T3 Cybran Land units cost 9 research points.

Those are really RVE bugs that more a bug in the warp pillars mod or could be how i made it i can't remember lol.

--

May 31 2016 Anchor
OverRated wrote:
cheesy_fof wrote:

Ah, that's cool, thanks :)

Also, I noticed in the game just now that if you increase the income rate of mass through the LUA settings in the mod manager, the adjacency bonus received from energy generators negates that of the income rate increase.

For example, I've set my LUA settings to buff mass income by 1.5, meaning a T1 mex brings in 3 mass by default. When you build an energy generator next to the mex the income from that mex is lowered to 2.1 instead. Removing the energy generator simply lowers the rate to 2 as it would be without the lua settings, meaning you have to rebuild the mex in order to get the increased income again.

Edited by: cheesy_fof

Jun 4 2016 Anchor
With ACU destruction headless (built cabin salvation ) comes the sound of a nuclear explosion
Jun 5 2016 Anchor

Hi, I didn't see all the messages but a "ctrl+f" didn't get me anything so :

BUG :
I don't think the heatseeker's long range missiles are scripted well enough, he shots two missiles but they go straight to the target; hitting walls or any surface between the target and the heatseeker. I can't hit a target on top of a cliff for example.

Plus, even if the target is in front of me, on a flat surface, the missiles seem to always miss their target.

Oh, and the experimental artillery destabilizing thingy takes 57 minutes to build for an engineer, not sure if it's normal or not

I may have a lot of suggestions and bug report, i'll post them later.

Edited by: grozozor

Jun 5 2016 Anchor
grozozor wrote:

Hi, I didn't see all the messages but a "ctrl+f" didn't get me anything so :

BUG :
I don't think the heatseeker's long range missiles are scripted well enough, he shots two missiles but they go straight to the target; hitting walls or any surface between the target and the heatseeker. I can't hit a target on top of a cliff for example.

Plus, even if the target is in front of me, on a flat surface, the missiles seem to always miss their target.

Oh, and the experimental artillery destabilizing thingy takes 57 minutes to build for an engineer, not sure if it's normal or not

I may have a lot of suggestions and bug report, i'll post them later.

The heatseeker's long range missiles do not track no tactical missiles do, and what experimental artillery destabilizing ??

cheesy_fof wrote:
OverRated wrote:
cheesy_fof wrote:

Ah, that's cool, thanks :)

Also, I noticed in the game just now that if you increase the income rate of mass through the LUA settings in the mod manager, the adjacency bonus received from energy generators negates that of the income rate increase.

For example, I've set my LUA settings to buff mass income by 1.5, meaning a T1 mex brings in 3 mass by default. When you build an energy generator next to the mex the income from that mex is lowered to 2.1 instead. Removing the energy generator simply lowers the rate to 2 as it would be without the lua settings, meaning you have to rebuild the mex in order to get the increased income again.

Yeah ill look at fixing that.

--

Jun 5 2016 Anchor
OverRated wrote:

what experimental artillery destabilizing ??

Afficher l'image d'origine

My game is in french and i had no clue what the name was, but it's the " disruptor station experimental artillery"

It takes 54 minutes for a tech 1 engineer to build, not sure if it's normal or not (and 48 for a noah)

And you mean it's normal for the heatseeker to fore that way ?

Jun 5 2016 Anchor

Well for one a tech 1 engineer shouldn't be able to build it lol are you playing with all research unlocked? you need to upgrade your engineers or build better tier ones even when all research is unlocked you will see the icon down in the left hand corner.

--

Jun 12 2016 Anchor

I have a problem. My MM is acting up, and I'm wanting to play without the mods for a little bit, but do not know how to take them out. Any help?

Jun 27 2016 Anchor

Bug: When clicking the T1 icon it in the Land Factory, the cursor gets stuck so that you can't deselect the factory without pressing RMB or ESC first, as if it is waiting for an action to be completed.

Bug: Somehow I got a T2 PGen to buid itself after moving my T2 engineer away. I was testing, switching between engineers to see the build speed with another building, and then I made a T2 Engineer build a T2 PGen, and then I moved him. The P Gen kept building itself at T1 Engineer speed and I couldn't see any T1 engineer next to it building it. There were no particles and I tried moving all engineers on sight. Maybe the T1 Engineer was invisible or something, or the PGen did build itself. I don't know, so this may be a false flag. I'm just leaving this here so it could help you guys :)

Thanks for devoting yourselves making such a great mod!

Jun 28 2016 Anchor

Bug 1: T2 and T1 mass convertor have the same cost.

Bug 2: UI builds many naval factories, but does not build any t1 naval units.

P.S: can you move exp buildings in tier 3?

Jun 28 2016 Anchor
bzek wrote:

Bug 1: T2 and T1 mass convertor have the same cost.

Bug 2: UI builds many naval factories, but does not build any t1 naval units.

P.S: can you move exp buildings in tier 3?

1. already fixed

2. already fixed

3. no

--

Jun 29 2016 Anchor

and AI likes to build MANY mobile AA when the aircraft is not present.

Jun 29 2016 Anchor
bzek wrote:

and AI likes to build MANY mobile AA when the aircraft is not present.

already fixed

--

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.