For everyone wanting a fine polished up release who has patience I recommend that you wait some more until I finish the next version. It will however...
Orange Touch Up [OTU] enhances Tiberian Sun Firestorm greatly and increases the gameplay possibilities while remaining the original feel of the game. Basically a rebalancing together with new content and lots of spleen.
List of features (incomplete, changes during development, to give you an expectation of OTU)
- Techleveling in-game by upgrades.
- Heroes that can be trained and are available once.
- New Music and Sound effects, from realistic and real ones (real guns shoot) to wacky ones (Worms, Movie quotes etc.)
- New Visuals consisting of new projectiles and new unit look and new effects, partially new Terrain, new civilians, new loading screens and improved Interface.
- Overall rebalanced and reedited, about 80% of the games code has been altered.
- Including the unofficial mini patch UMP, the TS Asset expansion and the best the public assets got to offer.
- Units becoming more skilled by leveling up, gaining new weapons and abilities.
- Nods old artillery that actually hits yet balanced out.
- No paranoia (all AI against you) and selected maps that feature alliances with an AI player.
- New maps added, Bay of Pigs and the PPM Massive Map Pack 1.2.
- Units with special bonuses and allowing new tactics available by the respective building.
- Many new units and a few new buildings.
- An AI that is fun to battle against in skirmish, waves of waves of enemy troops coming after you, can you destroy their base before yours fall?
- Campaign compatible.
- Optimization and redesign of old gameplay elements such as power, veterancy, repairs, silos, outposts, aircraft, and more.
- The 4th Techlevel unleashing pure madness and havoc on the battlefield
- TibEd compatibility so everyone even you can edit the mod and make your own mod or do changes as you prefer.
List of who I would like to thank and give regards to:
Tibed - Got me into modding C&C, very good for simple mods and holds great potential.
TiberFCSL - who gifted me the new menu which looks sweeter than sweet. Also for his advice feedback and general help.
Lin Kuei Ominae - His advices and attitude and the free assets he provided me and everyone with.
Apple - For his advices and efforts.
I'll be listing the modules so you know which files modify what and can change some features yourself. Also yes I am doing this because Wargame hasn't become available just yet xD
- New civilian cars (Asset Expansion)
- New cameos for most vanilla buildings.
- Red Alert 2 warhead effects, must stay inside the mod or some weapons will loose their explosions.
ecache88.mix & 98
- RA2 trees summer and winter.
- New Shroud, seethrough. Take it out if you want the old shroud, its quite the cheat actually.
- New powerbars for Nod (Diagonal)
- New projectiles for custom weapons
- New maps
- New terrain, dirt grass.
- New menue