• Revamped the sounds (new footsteps,UI sounds,gunshots, explosions,...).
• Recorded an original soundtrack.
• Added realistic view bobbing.
• Removed the crosshair.
• Added a new weapon and item pick-up system.
• Added lowering weapon when sprinting.
• Made the flashlight non-rechargeable.
• Added flashlight battery pick up.
• Replaced stock v_hands with combine soldier hands.
• Added new, more realistic looking muzzle flashes.
• Added muzzle flash lighting (dlight)
• Replaced the stock blood decals with more realistic ones.
• Added Source Shader Editor support.
• Added new detail sprites and blend materials.
• Heavily modified weapon and npc values for more realistic and challenging gameplay.
• Added a lantern styled flashlight.
• Implemented dynamic render-to-texture shadow angles.
• Implemented ironsights.
• Added a new save system (à la Amnesia, Cry of Fear, etc.)
• Added a new prop/item interaction system (à la Amnesia, Penumbra)
• Added a new player death animation.
• Replaced the stock shotgun with the KS-23.
• Replaced the stock pistol with the Zastava M57.
• Implemented an inventory system.
• Created a new (less hl2-ish) main menu.
• Implemented a dynamic enemy spawn system.
• Implemented a new sound reverb system.
• Added ability to lean.
• Added footsteps in snow
• Limited players weapon carrying capacity to 2.
• Massively improved env_projectedtexture
• Implemented a journal entity
• Ported the mod to Source SDK 2013
• Implemented an inventory weight system
Main menu theme:
After evaluating the situation we have came to the conclusion that we are going to need a dedicated level designer to help us out with the development of the mod. So we're reaching out the community to hopefully get a helping hand.
If you're interested, please read on. If not, stay tuned for an upcoming update later this month.
You're task will be to envision and design the overall layout and gameplay of the levels for Nox Aeterna. Because of this, we're specifically looking for someone with strong skills in core level design and not environmental design, because the latter is the job of our environmental artist.
• At least one finished map
• Strong foundation skills (knowing the ins and outs of Source, etc.)
• Strong skills in level design
• Past work to show
• Skills in 3D modeling
• Experience in Adobe Photoshop
• Experienced with Source modding
• Online Portfolio
Please, send a personal message to Zay333 on Moddb if you wish to discuss further details about this position.