Lost Secrets of Na Pali (short: LSoNP) is a huge UT99 Total Conversion that contains everything new to UT: new models, high-res textures, new technoligies (bloom, distance fog, particle system, physic engine), rpg style gaming, nearly complete freedom while playing (non linear), own exe, own menu, own hud, own loadscreens......
Around 200 years are gone since the Queen is dead. Well since the USM is setting up big bases on Na Pali and supporting the Nali with Technology, the Skaarj Empire is forced to develope a way to grow pupae half biologically half synthetically. Through this abnormal progress are they able to grow mutated skaarjs with extraordinary gen-pool. Those special skaarjs are "produced" only for 1 reason: to destroy human and nali in 2 ways: Invading on the one hand the earth and na pali with the new race and on the other hand... in a different time. The empire developed in many years of researching an Time-Vortex that causes an controlled black-hole with enough anti-matter to get a Time Portal . First simulations with the vortex are successful. Not much time passed until the skaarj were using the Vortex in real space. They send a small fleet somewhere near Na Pali. The vortex seemed to work... but suddenly does the forming of the black-hole get outa control. A time anomaly was forming and the fleet was destroyed. Both, the USM(now do you come into game, you're an major on a USM ship) and the Skaarjs are sending control troops to the accident, such an huge visible anomaly in space wont be unseen for long time. When the ships are arriving starts the skaarj ship an attack on the USM ship until the anomaly seem to colapsing... but suddenly a strange kind of starship appears using unknown technology... The unknown ship is attacking both ships instantly. You and one you soldier are escaping from the ship flying down to Na Pali. You see your ship exploding... After crashing in a forest on Na Pali do you search for the closest USM Outpost. On you short way through some villages did you read about a prophecy called "The End of Everything" in an old Nali book. Is there a connection between the anomaly and the prophecy ? The Skaarj wont spend much time until they come back with a fleet to get at least Na Pali. But they're more open questions, why did the black-hole got out of control ? What role does the unknown species play ? Why is the USM Coop. so interested on Na Pali ?
It's not the best story, but we give the player the freedom to interact much more in the Unreal Universe, to drive Vehicles, forming (of course with some kind of story line, even if I broke up here) their own experiences and traveling to other places outside of Na Pali. There'll be levels on the Skaarj Planet, the Krall's Home, several Bases of the Mercs, and the 20 new races...
- interacting, tradig and speaking with NPCs
- Levels are non-linear
- traveling between Sun-Systems and Planets, (currently) featured Planets/Locations:
Earth, Skaarj Homeworld, Krall Homeworld, Drakkh Homeworld, Mars, Na Pali...
- around 15-20 old and new weapons, which can be combined and upgraded
- around 20 different (and new!) races and planets
- epic cut scences and starship battles from fantasy to sci-fi, also beautiful space cutscence like intros for planets or other locations
- skill system
- new hud, which uses less screen space and looks good
- several new pick ups (mana, biomods, weapon upgrades)
- Lensflare support
- Dynamic Coronas
- Software Bloom
- Trees and Foliage
- own Physic Engine
- huge Util Class partially worked out together with Moon Angel to provide many useful and complex Uscript functions (drawing lensflares for example or footstep sounds)
- HighRes Textures up to 4096? Pixels (S3TC)
- Footstep Sounds and Material Relative Events
- Level Memorizing System
- MP3/Ogg Support
- Dolby Digital Support using OpenAL
- better Terrain
- own complex Particle System
- Skin Illumination (Shiny/Reflecting Meshes, Detail Maps on Meshes, bright glowing Eyes etc.)
- Distance Fog
- Bloom and Blur Effects
- Natyrlich Tr00
- Leaves Eyes
After a longer delay in that we didn't post news here about LSoNP do we have some news relating new Member Additions, new Pics, Features, new Support-Band, a Interview ...
A collection of pics of a cave part inside the humanbase.
Working radial blur for the UEngine1.
An interview about LSoNP has been released at www.unrealsp.org, check out the news.
New Member Additions
- FXD|JWH (Music Artist)
- eGo (Uscript/C++ Coding)
- Pandemonium (Texture Artist, also in the E.P.O.S.-Team)
- FXD|aHOI (Texture Artist)
- FXD|Somian (Texture/Sound Artist)
- FXD|TH3D00M (Level-Designer)
- DaveLewis (Modeller/Skinner)
- the Band "Leaves Eyes" will provide 1 Song for LSoNP
- expect a big Main-Trailer around summer/autumn 06
- LSoNP will definitly have a Multiplayer Part!
- first concepts of new races are going to come out soon
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.