About the HW Music Player
The Homeworld In-Game Music Player is an addon for Homeworld2/Homeworld Remastered that enables one to customize and add to the in-game background music. Choose what track plays when, pause/resume/skip to next or to previous track at any time.
Press "F1" in-game to bring up the music player. The following functions are supported:
- Automatically play the next track in order. (04 -> 05 -> 06 etc.)
- Repeat the current track only
- Shuffle / Random (default)
- Manually select. Click this to toggle the soundtrack index. Here you can browse and manually select the track you'd like to hear. Use the the arrow buttons in the middle [<-] [->] to navigate the index.
Supported for the FXmod v1.09.5 and later. Add and play your own music. To use this new feature, you need two things:
- Your music files need to be in .wav format. You can find many free tools online to convert file formats such as .mp3, .flac and others into wav files.
A very useful tool is media.io Media.io as it allows you to save tracks at 320 kbit/s, while most other most 'free' converters only allow you to save in 128 kbit/s (reduced quality):
Please note that the track names can only use English characters and underlines (_)
File names with spaces, other special characters or or foreign characters in them may cause unexpected bugs.
- Downloaded the following tool: Mega.nz
- Make sure that there are not any files or folders in your game's /data path except those .big files and "Animatics" folder. The game's path should be some place like "X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Homeworld\HomeworldRM\Data\".
- Create a folder named "Sound" (without quotation marks) in "Homeworld\HomeworldRM\Data\".
- Put all your .wav files and the MusicPlayerTool.exe you downloaded in step 2 into the newly-created [Sound] folder.
- Run MusicPlayerTool.exe, it will generate some scripts for your music files.
- Once done, type "-overridebigfile" (without quotation marks) into the "Commandline Arguments" space in the HWRM launcher before you click "launch".
The HW Music Player was developed by HW_Lover of the 9CCN MOD Team. Feel free to use it in your mods, but please do give credit.
Homeworld: Remastered DL: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=418047825
Homeworld 2 Classic DL: Moddb.com