Come to see the whole new parallel universe of Complex mod and excavate the real potential of Homeworld 2!
When the game crashes, usually the reason for the crash is explained in Hw2.log, but there're some cases that there's simply no reason for the crash. This tutorial aims to record different reasons for crashes that apparently have no reason!
Posted by siliconworm on Apr 1st, 2013
Basic Client Side Coding.
1. If LoadModel(NewShipType, 1) is put behind StartShipHardPointConfig() function in any ship script, the game will crash without any reason.
2. If LoadSharedModel() function is used for a subsystem script, make sure the target subsystem exists, otherwise the game will crash without any reason.
3. The outer boound of a map could be the reason for crash wihout any reason, increase it until it doesn't crash anymore. This problem could occur only when there's something really big in the map, for example, a planet.
4. The lod levels in ship script should match with the ones in the HOD file, otherwise when you zoom in on the ship, the game will crash without any reason.
5. From my experience, if the HOD file is somehow messed up, the game will crash without any reason.