Come to see the whole new parallel universe of Complex mod and excavate the real potential of Homeworld 2!
Some bugs have been found in the original Complex 8 beta 0.9 and they are beyound my ability to fix.
Posted by siliconworm on Jul 6th, 2011
- The Battle Shipyard doesn't have proper texture around the engine section. It's white, really white...(FIXED IN 1.8, by borrowing new model from Complex 8 beta 0.9.4) - After saving and loading, the game may go wrong with graphic rendering. This is a new problem appeared since 1.5 version. I've tried my best to find out what it is, but none of my attemps succeeds. By using the method of replacing files, I can conclude that this problem should exist within ships or subsystems or weapon or missiles. I think it must be a stupid mistake, however I'm still not sure whether I can find it. A strange behaviour of this bug has been found: it's only related to AI players, but it has nothing to do with the race of AI players.
- The Ark doesn't have proper w19 HardPoint on which the bottom blaster cannon is mounted. In the original Complex beta version, this cannon is mounted on w18 which is already occupied by a 6x kinetic cannon, and this really looks weird. At the beginning, I successfully planted the blater cannon to w19 without having any trouble. But then somehow, it doesn't function properly anymore and leads to game crash. So I can only mount the blaster cannon back to w18 and delete the 6x kinetic cannon which should be mounted there. However, the Ark doesn't have less guns, because I reactivated two 6x cannons in the rear end of this monster. (FIXED IN 1.5, the hardpoint w19 is actually on an active door and there's no need to mount a cannon on that)
- The speedometer simply doesn't work. And I don't have any idea about fixing it. (FIXED IN 1.5! I found that the square root of SobGroup_GetActualSpeed() function is the right speed in m/s! )
- A small bug occurs while switching from sensor manager. The battle chatter of allies can be heard twice sometime, even I'm already game over! (THIS IS NOT REALLY A BUG I THINK)
- The texture of the Trade Convey consumes excessive computing power, and a dozen of them could make the frame rate really slow even on a high end system. I could only solve this problem by limiting every player to build only one trade convey at most and reducing the LOD of this ship dramatically. This seems ridiculous, but it works well.
- The same texture problem appears on the Ark. Since there couldn't be too many this ships at the same time, it doens't cause a problem as severe as the Trade Convey does. However the game is still perceptibly retarded when Ark appears, and this could damage game exerience and your confidence in your expensive hardware.
- The user interface has another problem, that is, it doesn't work well when screen resolution isn't high enough. In 1024X768 mode, many texts cannot display completely. For example, the Name and Role of some ships, the building descriptoin of items in the bottom of build lists, and the Surface Temperature when it appears. (PARTIALLY FIXED IN 1.5)
- In Movie Mode, the health bar doesn't disappear automatically when you focus on enemy or allied ships, especially when you are observing the game as an inspector after death.
- The planets in the background doesn't self spin in a constant direction. For example, at the beginning of the game, Earth may spin eastwards, but after a while somehow it spins westwards! And their angular speed is not constant too. Although this doesn't affect game play, it remains to be a little hilarious since I don't know how to fix it.
- Heavy Nuclear Bomb cannot hit the Orbital Station. It just hesitates there without explosion. (PARTIALLY FIXED IN 1.3, because nuclear bomb can fly faster after upgrade)
- the Ion Cannon of Cruiser-Type-A (2 barrels) produces aliases of ion texture all over the screen when ion beams are going to fade. (FIXED IN 1.1)
--Hw2.log indicates that something must be wrong with the orignail Complex mod, I still don't know what it is, as the Hw2.log recorded: (FIXED IN 1.6)
- Capture Speed Upgrade (for marine frigate and infiltrator frigate) simply dosen't work. After upgrade, it actually makes my own ships easier to be captured by enemy! (FIXED IN 1.8, I just achieved this function in a very complex way! Now I really doubt if I am the first modder who achieved this function in Homeworld 2 :P)
- AI players' collectors could chase a capital ship all around the map when they want to deliever some salvages. (FIXED IN 1.9, At first I realized increasing the tolerance of dockpaths in HOD file could solve this problem, but then I just found this method could also lead to unstability after saving and loading, hence I managed to solve this bug in a very complex way again...)
- After saving and loading, the game may go wrong with graphic rendering. This is a new problem appeared since 1.5 version. I've tried my best to find out what it is, but none of my attemps succeeds. By using the method of replacing files, I can conclude that this problem should exist within ships or subsystems or weapon or missiles. I think it must be a stupid mistake, however I'm still not sure whether I can find it. A strange behaviour of this bug has been found: it's only related to AI players, but it has nothing to do with the race of AI players.