Our representation of Halo's iconic space combat in the Homeworld 2 engine, which puts the player in command of some of the most powerful weapons fielded by the UNSC and Covenant and to provide a balanced and competitive experience.
This walkthrough will hopefully help you successfully install the mod on to your computer.
Posted by insanelymatt on Dec 12th, 2010
Mod Installation Tutorial
What you will need:
Winrar, 7zip, or equivalent program capable of extracting .rar formatted files.
Homeworld 2 updated to version 1.1.
1. Download the file.
2. Extract the Contents of the mod to C:\Program Files\sierra\Homeworld2\Data or equivalent.
3. Make a copy of the Homeworld 2 shortcut on your desktop, right click the shortcut and select properties. Now you will see a target line (it's the top one).
4. At the end of the target line you need to put a space, then type -mod HHFRC107.big, changing the 107 where appropriate to whatever build you're using, for example 109 for build 1.09. (If you are using the noshaders version, the current version of the mod would be " -mod HHFRC107NoShaders.big") There are no quotes around the line you just added. Now your target line should look like this:
"C:\Program Files\sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe" -mod HHFRC107.big
-or if using the no shaders version-
"C:\Program Files\sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe" -mod HHFRC107NoShaders.big
5. Remember: You must have Winrar, 7zip, or a similar program that can extract .rar formatted files. You must have Homeworld 2 updated to version 1.1.
What NOT to do
1. Do not put Overridebigfile and the mod extension in the same target path, the mod will not work!
2. Do not use an outdated mod target path! Make sure you know what version of the mod you're using and edit it accordingly (-mod 'currentversion'.big).
Note: This is not the final version of this mod.
It helps us if people report problems (only report if it has not been posted more than a few times), especially on our forums as we are more likely to get back to you sooner. Our forums are here: BrokenLine Studio Forums
Keep on sending us feedback so we can make the mod better!