Goldrush is a multiplayer mod for Soldier of Fortune 2...
To play it you must have:
* the Gold patch installed
* a pc with a minimum of 256MB of ram (com_hunkMegs 128 is the minimum)
Goldrush focuses on gameplay, but it also has a nice admin/refereesystem and many useful features.
It will be hard to name the all, but these features are probably the most important ones:
* autobalance system for teamgames
* an anticampsystem
* realistic speed: add weights to weapons, items, gametype-items, health/armor and certain movements. Examples:
- players running a knife are usually faster than someone running around with a m60
- players who carry a gametype-item (flag, briefcase or bomb) are usually slower
- wounded players are slower than healthy players
- ever saw someone running as fast backwards as they run forward?
* extra gore: more realistic blood, easier dismemberment, flying bodyparts, some cool effects
* 21 gametypes: we added 15 gametypes; together with the 6 standard gametype we have a total of 21 great gametypes
* 17 great community maps that deserve to be played
* 2 new RMG terrains: an updated version of Booda's Australia, and Egypt (in Goldrush RMG maps support ALL gametypes)
* leanbug fixed
* a great admin/referee system to give trustworthy players some extra powers without the need to give away your rconpassword
* medals and stats
* mapvotingsystem at the end of the map; this way the players are the ones who decide what map is played next
* tokens and soundtokens (can be combined) for use in the chat
* improved bots
* 2 new types of friendly fire:
- shared : both players receive 50% of the damage
- reflect: the attacker receives 100% of the damage
* an autoscreenshot function for players to make awesome screenshots of your headshots and explosive kills
* tons of options to enable/disable things that cant be done in SOF2, like:
- strafejumps (2 types)
- enemy crosshair (great when you disable teamicons)
- radarhud (allows you to see the direction of gametype-items, but only when they aren't carried by a player)
- pickup dropped weapons for extra ammo or extra guns (can have an effect on backpack-behaviour as well)
- dead players can drop small medikits (can have an effect on backpack-behaviour as well)
- infrared scopes for MSG90A1 and/or SIG551
- use of multible weaponfiles (but one at a time)
- and a lot more!
* some other useful options:
- bad word filer
- alert messages that give info on gametime, roundtime and the number of players in your team
- roundbased gametypes now can swap teams every xxx rounds (useful to balance maps)
- most gametypes have their own cvars that affect the way the gametype is played
- compass (clientsided)
- and a lot more (by now you should be tired reading this ;))!
Want to make the game more realistic? Or faster? Or a combination of both? It is all possible...
Have fun playing our great mod!
We have released a full version of our SoF2 Multiplayer-modification: Goldrush 2.2
This release contains all necessary files to play on Goldrush 2.0, 2.1 and 2.2 servers, but it is not compatible with the old Goldrush 1.x servers!
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
ADMINS/REFEREES: * new adm/ref command: autobalance This will disable (0) or enable (1) the autobalance of teams... needs a map_restart or a new map to...
Goldrush is a multiplayer mod for Soldier of Fortune 2. Goldrush 2.1 is an update for Goldrush 2.0! To play Goldrush 2.1 you need to have these 2 files...