Goldrush 2.2 full version, releasedate: October 10th, 2005 GENERAL: Goldrush is a multiplayer mod for Soldier of Fortune 2! To play Goldrush 2.2 you NEED...
Goldrush is a multiplayer mod for Soldier of Fortune 2...
To play it you must have:
* the Gold patch installed
* a pc with a minimum of 256MB of ram (com_hunkMegs 128 is the minimum)
Goldrush focuses on gameplay, but it also has a nice admin/refereesystem and many useful features.
It will be hard to name the all, but these features are probably the most important ones:
* autobalance system for teamgames
* an anticampsystem
* realistic speed: add weights to weapons, items, gametype-items, health/armor and certain movements. Examples:
- players running a knife are usually faster than someone running around with a m60
- players who carry a gametype-item (flag, briefcase or bomb) are usually slower
- wounded players are slower than healthy players
- ever saw someone running as fast backwards as they run forward?
* extra gore: more realistic blood, easier dismemberment, flying bodyparts, some cool effects
* 21 gametypes: we added 15 gametypes; together with the 6 standard gametype we have a total of 21 great gametypes
* 17 great community maps that deserve to be played
* 2 new RMG terrains: an updated version of Booda's Australia, and Egypt (in Goldrush RMG maps support ALL gametypes)
* leanbug fixed
* a great admin/referee system to give trustworthy players some extra powers without the need to give away your rconpassword
* medals and stats
* mapvotingsystem at the end of the map; this way the players are the ones who decide what map is played next
* tokens and soundtokens (can be combined) for use in the chat
* improved bots
* 2 new types of friendly fire:
- shared : both players receive 50% of the damage
- reflect: the attacker receives 100% of the damage
* an autoscreenshot function for players to make awesome screenshots of your headshots and explosive kills
* tons of options to enable/disable things that cant be done in SOF2, like:
- strafejumps (2 types)
- enemy crosshair (great when you disable teamicons)
- radarhud (allows you to see the direction of gametype-items, but only when they aren't carried by a player)
- pickup dropped weapons for extra ammo or extra guns (can have an effect on backpack-behaviour as well)
- dead players can drop small medikits (can have an effect on backpack-behaviour as well)
- infrared scopes for MSG90A1 and/or SIG551
- use of multible weaponfiles (but one at a time)
- and a lot more!
* some other useful options:
- bad word filer
- alert messages that give info on gametime, roundtime and the number of players in your team
- roundbased gametypes now can swap teams every xxx rounds (useful to balance maps)
- most gametypes have their own cvars that affect the way the gametype is played
- compass (clientsided)
- and a lot more (by now you should be tired reading this ;))!
Want to make the game more realistic? Or faster? Or a combination of both? It is all possible...
Have fun playing our great mod!