GoldenEye: Source is a Multiplayer only total conversion modification of Half-Life 2. It is a fan made recreation, released for free, with only one goal in mind; to bring the memories and experiences from the original GoldenEye64 back to life using Source Technology. We want you to look at this mod and remember the first best multiplayer first-person shooter ever made. We are doing our best to bring in the opinions of the community to create a game that everyone is going to enjoy. But, we are not here to recreate the game exactly how it was in GE64, a lot of things have changed since they first designed that game, mainly in technology and gamers experiences. We are here to take the game even further but at the same time provide a lot of those fun elements that hardcore GE64 fans will enjoy. We've got experienced team members all across the board, from professional level, to amateurs looking to make it into the business working hard to make this dream a reality.
The GoldenEye: Source forums have grown tremendously over the years and we thank all of you for being a part of this growing community.
In order to keep the forums running well and to prevent problems, please follow these simple rules for the forums here. If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to contact one of the Development Members or Admins.
1. While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
2. Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, or the such.
3. Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
4. Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members.
5. Please wait a reasonable amount of time before bumping posts. For specific troubleshooting issues, or answers to questions, use 12 hours as a guideline.
6. We also do not allow posts that are sexual in nature or violate community standards. The Goldeneye: Source team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards.
7. Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
8. Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
9. While we are quite happy to have constructive comparative conversations about competitor's mods or games, we will not tolerate blatant adverts or the sort of 'oh look, yet another mod\game' threads. Also, we would appreciate it if you refrain from blatant bashing of other mods or games.
10. We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
11. Also while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
12. We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules.
Any threads/posts of these types will be locked and or deleted.