Sins of a Solar Empire is often described as a 4XRTS game, or a game that tried to merge the action and tactics packed gameplay of a Real time strategy game with the deep, complex, empire wide strategy of a 4X turn based game. It's up to debate whether Sins succeeded in this goal, but I think all can agree that of the 4Xs of "explore, expand, exploit, and exterminate", Sins is much more focused on the exterminate than on the others. This mod seeks to give more depth to the other 3Xs of the game by adding additional game elements or refining the existing ones to reward players who give more strategic thought to the non-combat side of the game. Combat will still be the center point of the game, but players will find that the non-combat options available will be much more rewarding. Spying, exploring, sabotage, diplomacy, culture, and economic development have all been added or changed in innovative new ways. Regardless of what you think Sins is, this is the 4XRTS it should have been.

Forum Thread
1.7 minidumps (Games : Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion : Mods : Enhanced 4X Mod : Forum : Bugs : 1.7 minidumps) Locked
Thread Options
Nov 17 2013 Anchor

After upgrading to the 1.7 version of E4X, in most of the games I start I get a minidump within two minutes. They seem to come quicker and more often on larger maps, and when I play on a "tiny" map the game will minidump about half the time. A friend of mine has been having the same problems. Both of us have the Forbidden Worlds and Stellar Phenomena DLC. Please help if you can.

GoaFan77
GoaFan77 Master Modder
Nov 17 2013 Anchor

That sounds like it is probably from hitting the 2GB RAM limit Sins has, which the new DLC sadly made much easier to do with mods. You should try reducing your quality texture settings (I.e Planet/Ship detail, shadows and things are fine).

If it is not that there was a hotfix for Rebellion that was released that could cause crash issues if you have the new DLC, I'll be releasing an update today to fix it.

--

Enhanced 4X Mod

Nov 17 2013 Anchor

I'm not sure what happened, but I can no longer replicate the error. Not that I'm complaining.
Thanks for the quick reply and this great mod! ^^

Nov 19 2013 Anchor

Hi! I've been getting minidumps in 1.7 as well. I've lowered the graphics settings to the minimum but it has not solved the problem.

GoaFan77
GoaFan77 Master Modder
Nov 19 2013 Anchor

Treys wrote: Hi! I've been getting minidumps in 1.7 as well. I've lowered the graphics settings to the minimum but it has not solved the problem.

Could you tell me exactly when they occur? I have fixed a crash bug involving Neutron Stars and Black Holes from the new DLC. If you have one of those stars in your game that is likely the cause of the crash and the hotfix should be released soon.

--

Enhanced 4X Mod

Nov 19 2013 Anchor

I believe it may be the stars. I like to play on large maps, (been trying to play Huge Feifdoms since I updated to 1.7) and the crashes occur within the first 5mins of the game

GoaFan77
GoaFan77 Master Modder
Nov 20 2013 Anchor

Treys wrote: I believe it may be the stars. I like to play on large maps, (been trying to play Huge Feifdoms since I updated to 1.7) and the crashes occur within the first 5mins of the game

Yeah, Fiefdoms would be the worse map for that, on huge if any of the 10 player starting systems gets a Neutron Star or Black Hole it will crash as soon as the scout frigates get there. Maybe try a single star map, check at the beginning to ensure the star isn't a Neutron Star or Black Hole, and if it doesn't crash that is almost certainly the cause.

Either way, sorry for the inconvenience, and the fix will be out ASAP.

--

Enhanced 4X Mod

Nov 20 2013 Anchor

Thanks man, keep up the awesome work :D

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.