This patch has the following changes: * Reduced bot CPU usage by about 65 to 80%. Most servers should now be able to use 62 bots. * Reduced CPU usage...
The mod is going to be situated on 1939-1945, with russians.
A small list of the features will be:
* Player data will be stored on a master server (saves your rank, xp, skins etc for ever)
* Drivable tanks with a new class that is specialized in driving.
* New maps.
* Lots of skins to costumize your character. (around 20 skins per team)
* Name Creation, you make a real name for your soldier (country specific) also saved on master server.
* A more realistic than ET, but not too much so it wont become boring...
* New weapons. (the russian ones and some new weapons for the axis)
* Realistic military objectives... You wouldn't have a whole army out to steal gold would you? NO!
* Battle torn cities and maps. Ever notice how clean, Perfect and nice enemy territory maps look? That's going to change.
And much more...
We are looking for:
* Mappers - Able to create a complete working map and with some experience.
* Coders - Good knowledge about the ET source code
* Sound artist - Must be able to create his own sounds, not ripping from other games.
* Voice Actors - Ability to speak russian or german.
* Moddelers - Must be able to make weapons and other stuff, whould be nice if can animate models too.
* Skinner - Must be able to make skins from scrap not just re-skining
* Animators - Self explained
* Texture Artist- Needs to be able to make high quality textures.
If you want to join us, visit the 'Join Us' section at the forum.
* New gametypes: Co-Op, Supremacy and Supremacy Campaign.
* Full custom bot support, and a waypoint generator built in that will make bot support for any map automaticly. (note: occasionally it may be required to manually add some waypoints - the system is not yet perfect, but it is very close).
* Full NPC support. These are like bots, but do not use player slots so you can have up to 255 of them ingame at a time.
* Driveable Tanks, APCs, Artillery and Flak. nearly all planned vehicles are already completed and ingame.
* Bot fireteams. Bots will make their own fireteams, but players can request bots join their fireteam with voicechat commands (follow me). They can also give bots orders using the right mouse button and a key set by the player in the options menu to toggle what alt fire does.
* Full music engine with internet radio and personal mp3/ogg ingame playback.
* Ironsight and advanced sniper zoom system and graphics.
* New weapons based on the Eastern Front.
* Realism modes added. (New setting in hostgame screen - cvar: g_realism [0/1/2]).
* Movement speed changes based on animation.
* Enhanced pain/death animations.
* Flamethrower pain animations.
* Advanced (realistic) weapon spread system. Bullet accuracy adjusts based on what the player is doing.
* Advanced supression system. You can supress the AI and it will try to take cover. Supression also affects accuracy with weapons for both players and AI.
* Players can set up heavy weapons on windows and other objects of the correct height.
* Pain and Death sounds.
* Wizz sounds of bullets flying past.
* Shell Shock. Affects player movement and visuals.
* Bloody View (as your health gets lower).
* Enhanced weather system. Weather for any map can be easilly changed to suit your server, it can also be randomized via the new maps/*.atmospheric files.
* Enhanced fog system. Replaces the boring bugged grey wolfenstein fog with a new system that addapts in realtime, meaning that fog range and density varies over time. The standard fog is now white, but it is possible to set any fog color at all. Any map's fog can be modified as the server host likes by adding a new maps/*.fog file.
* Enhanced Textures. Most textures (even normal ET ones) have been changed to high resolution replacments resulting in much nicer looking maps.
* Particle Systems - advanced FX support. Can be used for many things, but you can see an example when anything explodes.
* Many other (currently) undocumented updates.
This includes the mod and all the patches released after it.
1. Download this or this (252mb).
2. Extract the zip contents into your enemy territory folder.
3. Run ET with the following added to your command line (without the quotes): "+set fs_game ef +set com_hunkmegs 192"
INCLUDES NEW GREAT FEATURE:
NOTE: This version also includes a MyMusic folder in your ef folder. You can copy mp3's or ogg music files there and run the bat file included to listen to your own music ingame instead of listening to internet radio.