by Galudirithon on Mar 15th, 2014
Mae Govannen One and All!
Time for a much needed update regarding work on Divide and Conquer behind the scenes with a few screenshots to wet your whistle, I must first apologise for the quality of my screenshots, they often do do the units justice! Keep in mind that our next release is still a little way off yet but all that we are really holding off for is the improvement of some of our units so that our next release will hopefully be our first non-beta version.
I am not particularly fond of blowing my own horn but I am pleased to announce that for the foreseeable future, I will assist Emperor of Hell as Team Leader of DaC until such a time as he can become very active once again. Additionally, unless otherwise stated, every item in the following list was done by myself so it has been a rather busy past few weeks!
- All military buildings are now available one stage earlier in castles to compensate for there only being 3 levels versus the towns 5 levels, also to make castles recruitment centres.
- Glorfindel has a mounted BG again
- The remaining Nazgul have been given to Mordor
- Ugluk and Lurtz have been added to Isengard, with custom battle_models and UI.
- Fixed Shadow Rangers, Hír-en-Ech and Goblin Halberd crashes.
- Removed 2 unused units (Woodland Swordsmen and Dorwinion Retainers - replaced as a merc unit by the Privateer Axemen).
- Added 2 new units to Umbar - Naru n'Aru Royal Archers & Naru n'Aru Royal Guard (See below).
- Added a new unit for Lorien as they had very few units - Yavanna's Chosen (See below).
- ElvenKind has created new unit UI's for many units that have been re-done and all the new units.
- Every single faction has had their recruitment process worked on; I took all of their units out of the EDB, structured them and then put them back. Now units will be easier to get in the higher ranking structures and all units are in the correct barracks. (This was done as almost every faction had some sort of problem, for example elites being available before militia units, all units coming in one barracks level, some barracks' being obsolete but still buildable et cetera).
- New system for Mesoamerican (Dunland, Enedwaith, Vale of Anduin): To counter the restrictions on building levels for Dunland, Enedwaith and VoA, all of their recruitment has been moved into a unique barracks that trains archers, cavalry and foot. This stops them losing units as they cannot upgrade cities very far, it also makes for an interesting campaign. All of their recruitment is now out of a farm or one of these barracks'. A new name and description has been given to accommodate this change.
- New building 'Dúnedain Outpost' has been added. This is available for Imladris and Bree and it is only in Archet, Iach Sarn, Weathertop, Imladris and the Angle. Playing as Bree I realised that you relied too much on the Dúnedain and they were fairly easy to recruit, that is against the lore so now they are very very rare and you have to build an extra building to get them. It also allows for Imladris to only have a few Dúnedain as opposed to armies of them.
- All 4 Elven factions now have three archery ranges whereas everyone else has 2.
- Bree have been made much poorer, Isengard have been made stronger and now they finally hold Rohan back and actually begin taking Rohan.
- New structure for Erebor called the 'Orocarni Clan Hall', now the Orocarni units are more readily available but only in a few key Dwarven settlements.
- New building UI for the Sculpture's Workshop, Dúnedain Camp, Marksman's Range, Gondor Level 4 & 5 Blacksmith, Dwarven Level 6 Blacksmith, Orocarni Clan Hall and Elven Level 5 Blacksmith.
- New minor Palantir system that works by faction race: The Palantirs all have effects now but they differ depending on race (eastern_european, greek, gondor etc). An example is if the Dwarves claim a Palantir, they use it to improve their building techniques and get cheaper buildings in the settlement they have the Palantir.
- The Isengard captains hand no longer spins! (Credits to Zarathos).
- 3 Khand units were cut and 1 Dorwinion unit was.
- All units now upgrade armour until they reach their factions cap. I never understood why almost every unit only had 1 armour upgrade when their faction could upgrade say 3 times. This is open to discussion but personally to me, it just makes sense.
- Structuring of the amour system as follows, I have also renamed the armour levels for the factions for example, Elves levels 3,4,5 read as Elven Mail, Elven Plate and Noldorin Plate:
Level 1,2 & 3: Everyone
Level 4: Dorwinion, Isengard, lorien, Thranduil, Umbar, Dale and Rhun
Level 5: Gondor, Dol Amroth
Level 6: Lindon and Imladris (Both in Ost-in-Edhil only)
Level 7: Dwarves (Moria only)
Unit Changes and Additions:
Naru n'Aru Royals - Zarathos
Gate Keepers - AdmiralThrawn, edited by Zarathos
Yavanna's Chosen - Hummingbird
Half-orcs - Squeks, edited heavily by Zarathos
Regent Warriors - Emperor of Hell
Names, descriptions and implementation - Arachír Galudirithon
All screenshots and a few others can be seen on my steam page although for me unless I click on individual pictures, they don't show up:
Stay tuned for Zarathos' and Emperor's awesome Dol Amroth unit overhaul, 5 units have been re-done for Dol Amroth and 2 more for Dorwinion.
That is all for now.
Einior e-Hûd'oll DaC