I will say this first and last, MOD DB is only used as a hosting site. To see the latest information about DaC please read the first post in this thread:
In that thread you will find a bug list, some extra information regarding features, a full changelog of work done and work included in the next patch, the most up to date pictures of new units and much, much more.
The current version of DaC is V2.1 which was released on March 10th, 2018.
Divide and Conquer is the biggest Third Age total War submod of all time. After all these years we finally got a release again. It contains tons of new factions, units, scripts, 2d and more! Many might have played it already back in 2009, it has been in developement for over 4 years now, but that was a very uncomplete release by a completely different team. With an almost completely new team Divide and Conquer restarted the work almost 2 years ago and this is the result. Lots of new factions, units, scripts and 2d, all made and tested by experienced Total War modders.
For all the change logs, known bugs and useful information head to our thread at TWC:
Divide and Conquer
IMPORTANT NOTE: IF YOU HAVE DAC V2.0, YOU WILL NEED TO RE-INSTALL THIRD AGE 3.2 AND INSTALL DAC V2.1 INTO THAT FRESH, NEW THIRD AGE 3.2 FOLDER. DAC V2.1 IS NOT A PATCH, IT IS STANDALONE. WHEN YOU SWITCH TO DAC V2.1 YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE YOUR DAC V2.0 SAVE GAMES.
Here is a short tutorial/guide which will give you all the links necessary to install Divide and Conquer V2.1.
Remember, ModDB is our secondary forum which primarily is used to host the files, our primary forum is on Total War Center.
DaC V2.1 has many more high detail assets compared to DaC V1.2, Third Age 3.2, and especially the base Medieval 2 game. So, do not expect to easily run DaC if you just barely run Third Age or can only run Medieval 2 Total War.
If you have a 32-bit Windows system, then you're going to have a hard time or not even be able to play DaC V2.1 because we now require the use of the Large Address Aware (LAA) patch which increases the game's default RAM usage from 2GB to 4GB thus giving the game double the room to operate which results in the number of random crashes dropping significantly but it doesn't eliminate all crashes since the game's code still has bugs which cause crashes.
That said, 32-bit Windows systems will not be able to utilize the LAA patch so you will have a harder time running the game and will have to deal with potential random crashes. In addition to that, you'll need at least 4GB of RAM in your computer for the LAA patch to work.
Lastly, MaC and Linux are not supported by our team and you will not receive any help troubleshooting your technical issues if you use those operating systems. We only support Windows.
1. Go to our Installation and Download thread on TWC and read the first post by Arachir Galudirithon regarding installing DaC V2.1: Twcenter.net
2. Disable UAC and Virtual Store before you even begin downloading or installing Third Age or Divide and Conquer! UAC especially needs to be disabled as it can interfere with the files when they are getting installed and you will end up missing files thus resulting in your game to crash thus requiring you to do complete re-installs.
WATCH THIS VIDEO: Youtube.com
3. Download and install Third Age 3.2 (from step 1).
NOTE: DO NOT RENAME YOUR THIRD_AGE_3 FOLDER AFTER IT IS INSTALLED TO ONE OF THE KINGDOMS EXPANSION FOLDERS. IF YOU DO THAT, THE CUSTOM SETTINGS FILE FOUND IN THE THIRD_AGE_3 FOLDER WILL NOT WORK. JUST USE THE BAT FILE (IN THE THIRD_AGE_3 FOLDER) TO LAUNCH THE GAME.
NOTE: If you want multiple copies of the Third_Age_3 folder in case you want to download other Third Age sub-mods to try them, we suggest you keep the Third Age 3 installers so that you can run them again whenever or keep a copy of the clean Third_Age_3 folder and keep it in storage until you need it again.
That said, you can rename your Third_Age_3 folder to something else (AS LONG AS IT"S NOT A KINGDOM EXPANSION FOLDER NAME) so like "Third_Age_3_DaC" but then you'll have to edit the "Third Age.bat" (right click, Edit) and edit the path to use the new name you used. Then, edit the "TATW.cfg" file by editing the path to also use the new name you used for the folder.
4. You should play a couple turns of the Third Age 3.2 campaign just to confirm that it loads properly and everything looks ok. We recommend that you play some Third Age 3.2 campaigns if you're new to DaC so you can get a feeling for how Third Age 3.2 plays (we recommend that same for playing the base Medieval 2 Total War game so that you understand the base, core mechanics, and features).
NOTE: MAKE SURE YOU DOUBLE CHECK THE INSTALLATION PATHS TO MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT HAVE DUPLICATE FOLDER NAMES IN THE INSTALLATION PATHS!!! PLEASE ALSO READ THE INSTALLATION NOTES IN THE INSTALLERS SINCE THEY ARE VERY DETAILED!!!
Then, install DaC V2.1 by watching this video: Youtube.com
5. Enjoy! :)
1. DaC V2.1 has officially-made sub-mods which add or change features which some of the community may want. Please check out the official Submods thread on Total War Center to see a list of officially-made sub-mods and community-made ones as well.
LINK TO THREAD: Twcenter.net
SUBMODS INSTALLATION VIDEO: Youtube.com
2. DaC V2.1 FAQ and Changelog Video: Youtube.com
3. DaC's official Total War Center sub-forum where we have our own space to have dedicated threads to multiple topics. Please check this link out and you'll be able to see more detailed threads.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Divide and Conquer Version 2.1 - Part 1 of 2. Please read the installation instructions or watch the installation video.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Highest Rated (29 agree) 10/10
This mod has completely changed my outlook on Medieval 2 total war. The map, units, music and factions are all amazing. I think if J.R.R Tolkien liked PC video games, this would be his all time favorite!
Jan 6 2014 by Sgt.Price