Q:WHAT THE HECK?!!!CROSSFIRE IS A VIRUS?
A:Certainly not m8.Crossfire has a a built-in anti cheat which sends off a false heuristic signature which your AV does not recognize.
So it just tags it as a virus.
Well now to nullify this problem, follow these simple steps(using a download manager is recommended):
Note:All the exceptions are to be made in the Auto-protect exclusions column and the scan exclusions column(if it exists) .
Before starting the download:
- Disable the heuristic protection.
- Create an exception of the folder you are going to download the mod in.
- Also create an exception in the Freelancer Mod Manager folder in Program Files.
- Wait for the download to complete.
After download finishes:
- Create an exception of the setup file of the mod(CFsetup_181.exe).
- Optional:remove the exception of the folder u downloaded the mod in.
- Install the mod.
- Quickly create an exception of the Freelancer folder in the Microsoft Games folder in Program Files.
- Be sure to create an exception of Freelancer.exe file also.
Well you are good to go.
Cya in space m8.