THIS IS THE COMMAND & CONQUER TIBERIAN DAWN REDUX MOD FOR C&C GENERALS ZERO HOUR!
C&C TIBERIAN DAWN REDUX VERSION 1.2 IS NOW RELEASED!
Here you can find all the information relating to what C&C Tiberian Dawn Redux is about, what it aims to do, and reasons why you should try downloading and playing the Mod! If you are new to playing this Mod this article is for you!
THE MOD CONCEPT:
This Mod recreates the themes, the playstyle, and some of the missions of the original Command & Conquer using EA's SAGE 3D Game Engine and blending the playstyle that C&C Generals Zero Hour uses. It also includes new missions, new skirmish maps, and various special features are included with the factions.
- The original GDI and Nod forces have returned with units and themes being recreated in the best detail possible. Along with some new special features.
- GDI and Nod include a subfaction, GDI has the elite Task Force Talon unit while Nod has the infamous Black Hand special forces unit.
- All the original sounds, the original score from Frank Klepacki, and many of the original videos have been implemented to help bring back the feel of the original C&C game. There are also some new sounds, music, and videos being used as well.
- The classic style Construction Yard system has been implemented for all sides. You can also use a switch mode to choose between using the dozer system and the classic Construction Yard system.
- MCV's will be able to deploy into a Construction Yard from the build menu. Once done, you can also click on your Construction Yard menu to undeploy it back into a MCV for relocation. This is great for base expansion or emergency evacuation.
- Fully functional Tiberium fields which grow and expand while also being able to damage troops and kill them. If you are not careful, your troops can even mutate into dangerous monsters known as visceroids which will attack you or your allies and enemies randomly.
- You can play 18 singleplayer missions utilizing different themes, challanges, and goals.
- Skirmish and Multiplayer modes are fully functional with some enhanced Skirmish AI features.
- Wall building and randomized bonus crates have returned to the game.
- Most of the Generals and Zero Hour Skirmish maps have been converted into the Mod. While there are 20 all new Skirmish maps that have also been added to keep players busy in Skirmish and Multiplayer mode.
- The game engine graphics have been enhanced. (e.g. the game engine water uses a new texture/tint and uses reflections that resemble the newer C&C 3 and Red Alert 3 game engine water, while several features with the particle effects such as smoke and fire have been improved with new textures)
- Upgrades and special abilities are also included to further enhance the Mod's gameplay.
Come on down and check it out today!
Also look for Patch 1.21 to recieve some last minute changes and improvements to the unit balancing and particle effects!
-Best Wishes from the C&C Tiberian Dawn Redux Dev. Team