Back to the Future: Hill Valley is a mod for Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Back to the Future: Hill Valley will be based on the Back to the Future Trilogy, allowing the player to re-enact all the great moments from the films. While some parts of the story are stretched to make it more enjoyable, we are determined not to stray too far from the original story-line. The people behind this mod want the community to relive the movies and have as much fun in the process as possible. With the outstanding game play of the Sandbox hit, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, in combination with one of the best movies of all time, Back to the Future, this mod is sure to bring countless hours of fun to anybody who enjoyed the movies.

Forum Thread
Car Discussion Part 2 (Games : Grand Theft Auto: Vice City : Mods : Back to the Future: Hill Valley : Forum : Cars and Vehicles : Car Discussion Part 2) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16
May 28 2007 Anchor

Made because the last one had two blank pages and was really bugging me.

May 29 2007 Anchor

Had a question about how many guys besides k are making models now?

May 29 2007 Anchor

k and Gamester

so 1 other

Edited by: KITT

Jun 1 2007 Anchor

van looks great k. keep up the good work :)

Jun 2 2007 Anchor

Now how's the vehicles are doing? How many % of all vehicles are ready?

Jun 2 2007 Anchor

ones we need modeled wise? or ones we need permissions for plus ones we need modeled wise?

Jun 3 2007 Anchor

Erm, I'd take the ones modeled by the team :p

Jun 3 2007 Anchor

i don't even know whats being modeled by the team.

Jun 3 2007 Anchor

Ok, there is a slight problem with the VW. The side windows have a knack for making the doors and trunk disappear. I've tried just about every combination I could think of from re-texturing to remaking all the windows and doors. Nothing fixed the problem. So I'm just letting you guys know that you may have to live with disappearing doors if I can't fix the problem.

Jun 3 2007 Anchor

oh, that bug. Have you tried attaching the windows to the chassis_hi?

Jun 3 2007 Anchor

Actually that was the first problem, they made the entire car see through when they were attached. So I remade them and unattached and now it's only the doors.

Jun 3 2007 Anchor

hmm, try looking at some bus models and see how they do it.

Jun 3 2007 Anchor

Alright I'll do that and see what I come up with.

Jun 3 2007 Anchor

Ok, I've gotten all the doors to show up except the side door, why I have no clue. I can look through every other window and it works. I even bummed the glass from another bus model and used it. So I have a viable solution. It may not be totally accurate but I am going to tint the windows a bit so it takes some distraction away from the see through door. I am also going to crack open the two side windows so atleast you'll be able to see in.

Jun 3 2007 Anchor

at least it's closer now. Stupid vc transparency. Had the same problem with sa cars being converted to vc. Even a problem with stock vc. If you look through some cars from the back through the side windows, like on the infernus or for this mod, the flying delorean, the interior seems to disappear at a certain angle.

Edited by: Delorean88us

Jun 3 2007 Anchor

Yeah, I got it as close as possible it has to be a VC thing. I haven't done any cars with more than just the front and rear windows so it's kind of hard to figure out the exact problem. I'll keep messing with it and see if I can fix it but for now this will have to do. I was also gonna suggest for that car you sent me if I just removed the door windows so it looks like they've been rolled down if I can't get the transparency to work with that one either.

Jun 4 2007 Anchor

Lots of mods have that bug :eyebrow:

Jun 5 2007 Anchor

Yeah, it's probably just a vice city thing but you never know

Oh and Delorean you still want me to make the skateboard and hover boards right? If so do you want a few different hover board models in one or just the Pittbull and the one Marty rides.

Jun 5 2007 Anchor

a couple would be nice. Maybe make like Marty's, but have carcols.

Do we have an extra to cover the hole on the vw?

Edited by: Delorean88us

Jun 5 2007 Anchor

there is a glass window that does spawn it's kind of hard to see if it is on or not. All the pics I've see the busses had a glass sunroof. I could make the glass for the roof darker if you wish.

Jun 6 2007 Anchor

I thought I saw glass, lol. Yeah, could be darker because it's unnerving to see a hole.....

Jun 6 2007 Anchor

Ok I'll be sure to do so, I should have the skateboard done soon I looked at this skateboard pack I found and am going to set the hierarchy up the way the author did it.

Jun 6 2007 Anchor

Will Marty's Toyota also be in the game, I've noticed that there was even the rolls-royce included which was the car Marty supposed to crash into... hehe.

Edit by delorean88us: Before you post other questions like this, do a search to answer your questions. If you actually searched Marty's Truck on these forums, you will find a car list and pictures of Marty's Truck WIP. I will not bother to point them out to you so go find them.

Edited by (in order): Delorean88us, Delorean88us

Jun 6 2007 Anchor

Yes they both will. I'll be making the Rolls and 2015 cop car soon. Marty's Truck is being worked on.

Jun 6 2007 Anchor

Should be easy to make the skateboard and hoverboard for you.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.